Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, because he was put onball
And he's not as good as any of the current group in LDU, Simpkin, Wardlaw, Sheez & Powell in the midfield.

He needs to adapt and find a role where he's in our best side or he's going to find himself out of the system.

And he's not as good as any of the current group in LDU, Simpkin, Wardlaw, Sheez & Powell in the midfield.

He needs to adapt and find a role where he's in our best side or he's going to find himself out of the system.

That's correct, i read on afl.com saying he's playing off halfback, perhaps this might be his second coming.

Only 25, way too young to be discarded.

I just think he is mercurial and you need to ensure he perform to his strength. If you force him to be this straight & narrow type player then you are setting him up to fail.

Clarkson doesn't want 22 plays of one mould be 22 unique player each demonstrating their strength.

Hmmm, could be the start of something new?

Hopefully
He is so cooked its not even funny , bergman and goater will be coming back and more suited to the backline, lmac aint going anywhere and logue will be coming back, thats before we even condider the 2 dawson boys and colby possibly playing another seadon off hb.

Sleevo aint even depth anymore.

He is so cooked its not even funny , bergman and goater will be coming back and more suited to the backline, lmac aint going anywhere and logue will be coming back, thats before we even condider the 2 dawson boys and colby possibly playing another seadon off hb.

Sleevo aint even depth anymore.

Damn, so defense is out of question.

What about on the wing? He has good legspeed right?

Jaidyn played his best footy in a team that was firing when he could just be icing on the cake without copping much attention from the opposition. We are just getting towards being the type of team where he might flourish.

But it seems to be forward and back are already filled.

Only option for him might be on the wing?

Jaidyn played his best footy in a team that was firing when he could just be icing on the cake without copping much attention from the opposition. We are just getting towards being the type of team where he might flourish.
The SCG is a ground with lots of contested football. Absolutely his strength..

Yeah maybe, I think he’s pretty much only a forward pocket or hff. We need guys on the wing that can win a marking contest
fwd line he is already behind Zane who has offered more already has better conversion with fewer possessions and has stickier hands , i really dont know why people are transfixed with this bloke, the ship sailed 18 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t fit all three of Fisher, Stephenson and McKercher in the backline so something has to give. Even two of these makes the backline pretty dicey. Only so much wing rotation as well when you have Scott and Stephens in the side. Worth giving Fisher a go forward I think, maybe at the expense of RHJ.

I don't think McKercher is long for the backline. He's got the Wing written all over him.

Half-back position also would allow one to be effective along the wing right?

Any actual footballer here who have played in those positions before?

Doubtful he turns it around for me.
I'd love to see it. If he gets a game and plays well I will be ecstatic.
HBF is a good shout we've tried him everywhere else.
Not sure I'd want him kicking out though

But not on the wing so i hope his hb stint would also allow him to run along the wing.

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back