Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the arseholes who never let up on him at matches can convince themselves that they forced this decision.
I have mentioned this before, but for the first time ever at the football I felt really sorry for a player and that was Sleevo.......our own crowd was screaming at him over the fence, it was appalling. Could hear it clearly, think it was against Richmond. He looked crushed to me.

Any ideas for that new avatar?
Bon Jovi Pink GIF by Billboard Music Awards

I have mentioned this before, but for the first time ever at the football I felt really sorry for a player and that was Sleevo.......our own crowd was screaming at him over the fence, it was appalling. Could hear it clearly, think it was against Richmond. He looked crushed to me.
Not downplaying it but what had he done? I remember an instance where Stephens didn't crack in to a contest this year, costing us a goal, and he copped a pasting from every North fan within earshot, myself included. I'm not saying that such behaviour is reflective of well-adjusted, civil individuals, but usually there's a reason for the crowd getting stuck into someone

Looks like the home gym post, was all for show seemingly.
Even as poor as we are, it was hard to see him finding a regular spot in the 1's next year and long odds for another contract. With Daniel coming in and pushing Colby up the ground, he would've been behind all of Scott, Stephens and Ford for the other wing. Plus behind Zurhaar, Curtis, Duursma, Parker and maybe even Fisher at half forward.

It's a shame for all involved that Jaidyn winds up a wasted talent. But better to make the call now, rather than waste everyone's time next year. Because post the bike incident, it just seemed his head and heart weren't in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow….okay just catching up with the news..
I wish him well and thank him for playing for north….
There’s more to life than footy…and he’s achieved more than l will playing AFL.
This is not the time for me to pile on….so good luck young man in whatever you pursuit …
Just stay of bmx’s

What a waste of time and energy for us. Heartless campaigner who screwed us dry. Pies must be laughing. Message was there when they were so willing to cut him. What a waste of talent.

They also cut Treloar and Grundy.

If its the game im thinking of that was truly shocking and i really felt sorry for the kid
I was sitting near a group of 4-6 north supporters that were really ripping into him at many levels

I really hope this kid gets his stuff together and enjoys what ever level he plays at in the future

Well, its a shame he wasn't able to fullfill his potential as an AFL player - hope he has a good post footy career.

Would of been a difficult call.

That said, I think you could tell his heart wasn't in it. Not everyone can take triumph and disaster and treat them both equally - I was worried that the bull was going to go this way as well, but he found his centre.

If its the game im thinking of that was truly shocking and i really felt sorry for the kid
I was sitting near a group of 4-6 north supporters that were really ripping into him at many levels

I really hope this kid gets his stuff together and enjoys what ever level he plays at in the future
How can ya blame them, bloke is dishing up comical errors. He will go get a hair transplant and be back in 2 years kicking 50 goals a season

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back