2 Premierships by 2012???? wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

And every club knows you cannot win them all.

Aims still have to be achievable.

Nice way of contradicting yourself there mate, or are you just contradicting what your mate said? ...:thumbsu:

So i guess it goes back to the fact that his achievable aim of two flags by 2012 is extremely optimistic. :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... :thumbsu:

I'm getting a feeling of Deja Vu here ...

*Peter Schwab doing a preseason interview and claiming the Hawks were aiming to win the flag, only to be met by chortles and people choking back laughter.*

Comedy gold. Same goes here. :thumbsu:

Lot of difference between the calibre of players under Schwab to now though

let the preseason spin begin........march premiers as Jack Dyer used to call this kind of talk.....the Hawks are trying to sell memberships hence their so called plan for the future. Good luck with it though.
Seems to be working....just clicked over 19,000 today.

Good luck Hawks.

Despite some ridicule on this thread having a plan to say this is what were going to do is a great idea. Obviously its no guarantee that it will happen but its got to be better than hoping it will happen, which I think a number of clubs do.

I think the Hawks have a good chance of seeing the happy side of GF day soon enough.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-want-two-flags-by-2012/2007/12/15/1197568333139.html

HAWTHORN is aiming to win two premierships by 2012. If that's not bucking the cliched goal of "taking it a season at a time", the Hawks want to recruit 50,000 members in the next five seasons, too.

Hawthorn informed its members of the plan, titled Five2Fifty, at the end of its AGM last Thursday in a presentation folder.

It followed president Jeff Kennett's announcement that future presidencies would be capped at six years. Kennett, who is starting his fourth year, said board members would finish after serving nine years.

The Hawks website reported the plan as being "ambitious" and the build-up to it had "required a fundamental change in the way football had been approached at Hawthorn through the past decade. It took tough decisions."

Well well well......

Surprise surprise! Another thread started by craigiemond!

Hawks are very good chances to win the flag next season ..

They are hurting from last season's collapse to Gold Coast, and realisitically they should be aiming (minimum) for a preliminary final apperance.

Just stupid.... and I'd say that of any club.

Puts ridiculous and unnecessary pressure on the players and football department as a whole.
I disagree, it makes extremely clear to everyone involved what is expect. The development phases are over, and we are in it to win it.

I agree it adds pressure, but these guys aren't amateurs, they are professional footballers who are there because they are footballers.

It isn't like Schwab making these comments, because we are in a much different position.

Our aim in to win premierships, should be everyones game.

I think people get a bit too precious sometimes, they aren't children, and is guys like Crawf aren't putting enough pressure on themselves already to win one, this will hopefully get the whole club pulling in the right direction. That's why you make vission statements, so you have a clear goal, and hopefully you get somewhere very close to it. If you don't get there, it doesn't mean you have failed, but hopefully by setting goals, you are setting yourselves the task of peforming the best you possibly are.

I find it funny the way some people react just because a club wants to succeed.

Nice way of contradicting yourself there mate, or are you just contradicting what your mate said? ...:thumbsu:

So i guess it goes back to the fact that his achievable aim of two flags by 2012 is extremely optimistic. :rolleyes:
Of course its optimisitc. Most goals you set are optimistic.

What would be the point in having goals to make finals and see how you go?

Is that setting the bar very high?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to regret doing this, but this should be an interesting bump for some.

Found it searching for a completely different topic.

This article doesn't sound so silly now!

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-want-two-flags-by-2012/2007/12/15/1197568333139.html

HAWTHORN is aiming to win two premierships by 2012. If that's not bucking the cliched goal of "taking it a season at a time", the Hawks want to recruit 50,000 members in the next five seasons, too.

Hawthorn informed its members of the plan, titled Five2Fifty, at the end of its AGM last Thursday in a presentation folder.

It followed president Jeff Kennett's announcement that future presidencies would be capped at six years. Kennett, who is starting his fourth year, said board members would finish after serving nine years.

The Hawks website reported the plan as being "ambitious" and the build-up to it had "required a fundamental change in the way football had been approached at Hawthorn through the past decade. It took tough decisions."

Well well well......

You see thats what real planning is all about. ( just under 42k members and 2008 Premiers) :thumbsu:

As a Richmond supporter I guess you are thinking "If only Teflon Terry Wallet could come up with a decent plan" :D

Remove this Banner Ad

2 Premierships by 2012???? wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back