2 Premierships by 2012???? wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... :thumbsu:

I'm getting a feeling of Deja Vu here ...

*Peter Schwab doing a preseason interview and claiming the Hawks were aiming to win the flag, only to be met by chortles and people choking back laughter.*

Comedy gold. Same goes here. :thumbsu:

Comedy gold indeed, thanks for the laugh.

All good businesses have a goog, and sometimes ambitious, plan. Usually one, five and ten year plans. Why should an AFL club be different.
Watch all the other clubs go down this path now.
The Hawks have set the standard.

i still would have preferred they kept the part about premierships in house.

but the thread has become light hearted humour now.:p

No guarantees we will make top 4. Clarko will drum that in their heads. i hope:eek:

if you ask me every club is trying to win at least 2 premierships by 2012, it is a stupid thing to say. i dont think they will get to 50000 fans either very unlikcley, they got to fight 9 vic clubs, and they aint all that popular in WA

if you ask me every club is trying to win at least 2 premierships by 2012, it is a stupid thing to say. i dont think they will get to 50000 fans either very unlikcley, they got to fight 9 vic clubs, and they aint all that popular in WA

Don't underestimate the Buddy factor. Just as the Judd factor has done enormously good for the Blues membership (what else did it;)) Buddy and co plus a premiership this yr will get heaps of bandwaggoners. They will drop off when we start losing as quick as they jumped on.;) That's how it goes...

The think about targets it that they should also be realistic and achievable.
Our plan is achievable for Hawthorn but not for most other clubs.

We should have 2 flags 2008 -2012, and we will be the first Vic club to 50K members (unless Collingwood or Essendon start making GFs again - but that is uniklely).

We are not the biggest club in the AFL.

Just the best.

I disagree. Perhaps you are saying it is not stupid to have these goals but just stupid to announce these publicly. I would still disagree because this is the highest level of commitment especially to the members and supporters of HFC. Clearly HFC would not have made this announcement say 4 years ago when it would have been highly over ambitious.

It would look stupid though if nothing is done if these targets are not achieved, especially if there is a significant shortfall.

I much prefer this to being spun a story at the end of each year about why we achieved what we did the previous year.

The football and admin departments would have been consulted before this was tabled. Clearly it is a reflection of their aspirations. Very few of these goals are really achieved 100%, it just sets a target and having been a part of the process these respective departments would then work their backsides off to try and achieve them or look silly if they fall well short.

Probably explains Hawthorns huge membership campaign this year and also their on field desperation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good businesses have a goog, and sometimes ambitious, plan. Usually one, five and ten year plans. Why should an AFL club be different.
Watch all the other clubs go down this path now.
The Hawks have set the standard.

Haha, Hawks are the very first team to plan on winning a premiership.:D

Oh man, you just made my day.:thumbsu:

According to who -

Don't make the mistake of assuming that because we can't get into see the hawks play in perth because of the ridiculous allocation of available seats, with not having a strong member/supporter base.

Haha, Hawks are the very first team to plan on winning a premiership.:D

Oh man, you just made my day.:thumbsu:

I agree that to plan to succeed isn't rare. But have a look at the early posts on this thread and you see that lots think its a silly one to announce. On planning for success, isn't there some Mission Statement/Plan that the Bombers make the final every year or something like that (can't remember the wording)? This is also good planning.

now the trick is to keep them and grow that number when the club has a decline.

That goes without saying.

My point was, given the growth this year, its not unattainable that the 50,000 goal isn't out of the question with success over the next 3-4 years.

One year on, 1 flag and 8,000 members across 4 years isnt really ambitious at all

Mate so unpopular in WA that couldn't even fit all of our WA members into the Round 21 game.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470902&highlight=round+21+tickets

Here's a tip champ, if you don't know the facts don't comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

2 Premierships by 2012???? wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back