Standing vertical leap
Running vertical leap
20m sprint
Repeat sprints
Shuttle run
3km time trial
Agility test
Kicking test

On a side note, I think that a strength test should be implemented at the DC.

I think Fyfe will do very well in the vertical leap stakes. Colyer, Jetta and Rohan will battle it out in the 20m sprint and agility categories. Talia should do well in the kicking test, as should Martin.
Any suggestions as to who may excel and in what areas?

Re: Draft Camp predictions

the draft camp starts today right?

will be interesting to see all the accurate height/weight
are there any ruckman who are actual ruckman height? sounds like they are all like 195-198cm

bastinac will dominate the beep test

Well the camp starts today, but like trade week nothing happens on the first day.

Looking forward to seeing the 20m sprint results, and the newly introduced kicking exercise

Who do we all expect to test well
Who's value will increase after the camp

I hear that Trengrove is not attending the camp this year, to focus on the SANFL grand final this week

What time will the results from the first day be released?
Players only got up there at lunchtime, then had the introduction.

This arvo they were doing height, weight, skinfolds, arm length and handspan plus medical checks. Also taking player mugshots for the AFL website.

the draft camp starts today right?

will be interesting to see all the accurate height/weight
are there any ruckman who are actual ruckman height? sounds like they are all like 195-198cm

bastinac will dominate the beep test

You love that man:thumbsu: i can tell why though.

I'm going to say that most of the tests will be won by people that nobody has really talked up yet, instantly rocketing those players into the first round of most of the mock drafts around here.

I'd expect (in no order):

Jetta, Rohan, Colyer, Winmar, Fitzpatrick, Crichton, Hicks, Davies, Morabito, Lucas, Kennedy, Sheppard to do well in the sprint tests (20m/30m RS).

Jetta, Rohan, Colyer, Lucas, Taylor, Crichton, Hicks, Sumner, Wanganeen, Long, Winmar to do well in the agility test.

Donaldson, Rohan, Jetta, Taylor, Colyer, Crichton, Black, Craig, Reid, Kennedy, Morabito, Long to do well in the vertical jump testing.

Bastinac, Geary, Hutchings, Davies, Archer, Menzel, Lucas, Astbury to do well in the endurance testing (beep/3km).

Martin, Melksham, Bastinac, Jetta, Duncan, Sheppard, Kennedy, Morabito, Lucas to do well in the kicking test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Mick Malthouse said when asked about Draft Camp results.
"I don't care what the results are, my recruiters should have done their job by now.
I am not worried how fast some kid can run over 20m,
I am more interested in whether they can get a kick!

I'm going to say that most of the tests will be won by people that nobody has really talked up yet, instantly rocketing those players into the first round of most of the mock drafts around here.
That usually happens with the endurance based tests sure, but it is hard not to be noticed when you have blistering pace, agility or a vertical leap.

Sorry, but how many threads need to be started. Can the mods please merge?

That usually happens with the endurance based tests sure, but it is hard not to be noticed when you have blistering pace, agility or a vertical leap.
Dave Gourdis won the 20m sprint and vertical leap in 2007, found himself going in the first round of most phantom drafts, and went in the PSD, before being delisted after a year and rookied.

Dave Gourdis won the 20m sprint and vertical leap in 2007, found himself going in the first round of most phantom drafts, and went in the PSD, before being delisted after a year and rookied.
He was already in calculations for the top 3 rounds before draft camp.
Didn't he slide because he was battling depression?

Especially since the presumed #1 selection Tom Scully, and likely #2-#5 pick Jack Trengove will both be missing from the camp.

He was already in calculations for the top 3 rounds before draft camp.
Didn't he slide because he was battling depression?
He went from Top 3 rounds to Top 5 pick on the back of his DC results - Don't act like people don't get hysterical about DC results around here.

People went nuts over Danyle Pearce's results too.

great job by vinnie vegas coming into this thread and whinging about what might happen after the draft camp

exactly what u like to see from mods

Standing vertical leap - Tom Hill (VM)
Running vertical leap - Nicholas Winmar (WA)
20m sprint - Lewis Jetta (WA)
Repeat sprints - Travis Colyer (WA)
Shuttle run - Jessie Crichton (TAS)
3km time trial - Jessie Crichton (TAS)
Agility test - Troy Taylor (NT)
Kicking test - Luke Tapscott (SA)

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Draft Camp Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back