Resource 2009 finals tickets thread (updated for Grand Final ticket ballot results)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full AFL Members with Club memberships for the competing clubs got to get their tix today - I think in total there are about 4,000 St Kilda and Geelong in total (looking for the numbers at the moment)

GRAND FINAL TICKET PRICES FOR AFL FULL MEMBERS
Reserved Seat
Adult - $105
Concession - $72
Junior - $42

Standing Room
Adult - $72
Concession - $54
Junior - $18

Then it goes to Full AFL members with non-competing club membership, then I think it goes down to Silver members with competing club membership

Anyone else remember when AFL members didn't pay to go the the GF?
And then they put in a booking fee.
Now look at it

I'm stunned that it costs over $200 to go to the footy.

Maybe I was dreaming when I watched Geelong win the 2007 GF in the MCC Members after lining up and getting a ticket with the Guest Pass. :confused:

Is it different this year then?:confused:

2009 AFL Grand Final

ACCESS

All Full members and annual guest cardholders may attend the Grand Final on presentation of their valid membership card.

Full members are reminded that they must have renewed their membership for the 2009/10 membership season for their card to be valid for entry. If the membership is not renewed you will not be able to enter the Reserve.

Approximately 12,000 reserved seats have been allocated to Full members in a ballot, while the remaining 10,000 seats and 1000 standing room spots will be available on a first-in, best-dressed basis when the gates open at 8.00am.

With two strongly supported Victorian-based teams participating in the Grand Final, there will be no access to the Reserve for Restricted members.

There are no visitor tickets available for purchase.

http://www.mcc.org.au/Events at the MCG/2009 AFL Grand Final.aspx

I'm not calling you a liar just that I remember going through this process and making sure I would not be able to use a MCC guest pass in 2007. :confused:

Maybe I'm wrong and there were visitor tickets available given it was only port adelaide then??

Is it different this year then?:confused:

http://www.mcc.org.au/Events at the MCG/2009 AFL Grand Final.aspx

I'm not calling you a liar just that I remember going through this process and making sure I would not be able to use a MCC guest pass in 2007. :confused:

Maybe I'm wrong and there were visitor tickets available given it was only port adelaide then??

:D Read the first sentence of the guidelines from the MCC site you quoted. Therein lies your answer.

I was given an MCC guest pass in 2007. Lined up at like 4-5am. Got in at 8. Sat down and got my Ticket.

:D Read the first sentence of the guidelines from the MCC site you quoted. Therein lies your answer.

I was given an MCC guest pass in 2007. Lined up at like 4-5am. Got in at 8. Sat down and got my Ticket.

Now I got ya. By "guest pass" I thought you meant an MCC guest ticket/ visitor ticket.

It shouldnt be a problem for you then right? As long as you line up early enough you should have no problem at all getting a seat seeing as you have an annual guest card?

Now I got ya. By "guest pass" I thought you meant an MCC guest ticket/ visitor ticket.

It shouldnt be a problem for you then right? As long as you line up early enough you should have no problem at all getting a seat seeing as you have an annual guest card?

I dont have it yet. :(.

I'll find out this week whether I can borrow one.

Looks like I got standing room or restricted viewing ticket. Anyone know exactly what restricted viewing means? Is there part of the ground you can't see at all, or do you have to bob your head around to follow the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like I got standing room or restricted viewing ticket. Anyone know exactly what restricted viewing means? Is there part of the ground you can't see at all, or do you have to bob your head around to follow the game?

I'm guessing up the top next to the scoreboard
Probably won't be able to see the goals at one end.
Rd17 last year I could just see the goals at my end and that was with 10-15 seats between me and the side of the scoreboard

So too risky? Do they check I.D. and membership passes much?

I did this in 07, from a friends mum's afl membership, was absolutely shitting myself but no one checked anything!

Also last year a few family members did the same thing and were never checked for anything.

You just have to suss out the situation at the gate before you go in and make sure no one is standing around with clip boards, good luck! :thumbsu:

Oh and learn the signature on the back, just in case!

I'm guessing up the top next to the scoreboard
Probably won't be able to see the goals at one end.
Rd17 last year I could just see the goals at my end and that was with 10-15 seats between me and the side of the scoreboard

Or could have a tv camera in front of you.

Last year the tools that are Ch 7 set up a stage in the middle of the wing seats in the SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back