Draft Review 2009 - Revisiting the 2009 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious melt. Where did Richmond finish in 2017
First, mate. Top. We won the flag. Cotchin was one of the best three players in a dominant premiership side that won every final by at least six goals, and was often tagged in preference to Martin (see the grand final). Merrett was the untagged best player in a shit team. He's not fit to carry Cotchin's bag.

First, mate. Top. We won the flag. Cotchin was one of the best three players in a dominant premiership side that won every final by at least six goals, and was often tagged in preference to Martin (see the grand final). Merrett was the untagged best player in a shit team. He's not fit to carry Cotchin's bag.
Cotchin was tagged because he has gone to water being tagged. You can’t tag Dusty. Cotchin has had as many shocking final games as good ones.

Would have been interesting to see how this draft would have looked if all 1991 born talent was included.

2009 was the first draft where players had to turn 18 in their draft year to be eligible, and five 17-year-old "underage" talents went in the top 20 of the 2008 National Draft (including Jack Watts at #1). So if they'd bought in that age rule a year earlier, it would have had a big affect on a couple of years of junior footy and a few drafts, and probably changed how a few careers turned out, too.

Cotchin gets tagged in preference to Martin because he can actually be tagged out of a game, unlike Martin, who’s as close to untaggable as it gets.

Cotchin was tagged because he has gone to water being tagged. You can’t tag Dusty. Cotchin has had as many shocking final games as good ones.
You clearly dont like Cotchin or have no idea about football , The man has been amazing in just about every final he has played the last 3 years
When at the game (not on television) and you see the amount of work the opposition puts into cotchin you realise he is very highly rated by the other teams coaches and how much work goes into stopping his influence.

You clearly dont like Cotchin or have no idea about football , The man has been amazing in just about every final he has played the last 3 years
When at the game (not on television) and you see the amount of work the opposition puts into cotchin you realise he is very highly rated by the other teams coaches and how much work goes into stopping his influence.
Amazing? He had 15 touches V GWS, 14 V the Cats and 19 V the Lions, kicked 1 goal in the 3 games and received 0 coaches votes.

Yeah my hatred for Cotchin has blinded me to his amazing finals series. Maybe Hardwick doesn’t like him either or Dimma also has no idea about football.......

LOL
Amazing? He had 15 touches V GWS, 14 V the Cats and 19 V the Lions, kicked 1 goal in the 3 games and received 0 coaches votes.

Yeah my hatred for Cotchin has blinded me to his amazing finals series. Maybe Hardwick doesn’t like him either or Dimma also has no idea about football.......
you really have no idea about Richmond !

Nah man you have to watch off the ball. Richmond are da best :drunk:

i think with Cotchins finals performance you measure it by how often he creates momentum for a rampaging Richmond rather than pure number of possessions, thats my view anyway.
Davo-27 You cant explain these things to people who just sit infront of a tv watching supercoach points and counting possessions
Most of them wouldnt know Cotchin if he fell on their head and to them unless the player gets 140 supercoach points they are useless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davo-27 You cant explain these things to people who just sit infront of a tv watching supercoach points and counting possessions
Most of them wouldnt know Cotchin if he fell on their head and to them unless the player gets 140 supercoach points they are useless
If he was so amazing why didn’t he pick up 1 coaches vote? Or do the coaches not watch the game and give their votes based on supercoach points?

What Dusty did in the finals was amazing.

If he was so amazing why didn’t he pick up 1 coaches vote? Or do the coaches not watch the game and give their votes based on supercoach points?

What Dusty did in the finals was amazing.
Let me ask you a question ! Now be honest with your answer

How many times have you watched Cotchin live in 2019

How many times have you watched non Richmond midfielders live this season?

How could you be informed on how good Cotchin is using your made up metrics without watching 17 other clubs live regularly?

Live at the Roos game. Didn’t see any rampaging game changing moments. No doubt you thought he was amazing.

He is a good player that has lead your club well. Reminds me of Anthony Stevens that did a lot for the club but the superstars around him were the difference in the success we had.

Live at the Roos game. Didn’t see any rampaging game changing moments. No doubt you thought he was amazing.

He is a good player that has lead your club well. Reminds me of Anthony Stevens that did a lot for the club but the superstars around him were the difference in the success we had.
LOL so going by that 1 game a year . No point even continue this

So you only comment on players you see live every 2nd week?

How many of Cotchin games have you seen live without wearing rose coloured glasses? My money is on 0.
Stop deflecting when you dont have a clue about what you are talking about , You clearly have not seen enough of Cotchin the player who has been captain of a 2 premiership team and is a major part of the success at the club with a brownlow medal for the road.

Anybody who knows cotchins game knows his value to the team and how he drags the team over the line every time he is needed

Now tell us all about your fabulous captain Jack Ziebell

Stop deflecting when you dont have a clue about what you are talking about , You clearly have not seen enough of Cotchin the player who has been captain of a 2 premiership team and is a major part of the success at the club with a brownlow medal for the road.

Anybody who knows cotchins game knows his value to the team and how he drags the team over the line every time he is needed

Now tell us all about your fabulous captain Jack Ziebell

Mate you need to be on the "Cotchin is Elite" thread on the main board!! Some of your fellow posters have some really amazing bias post on there.

Final series was amazing is right up there however.

Mate you need to be on the "Cotchin is Elite" thread on the main board!! Some of your fellow posters have some really amazing bias post on there.

Final series was amazing is right up there however.
Come back to me when you actually watch him play , You dont become a Captain of a 2x time premiership team and win B & F's as well as brownlow medal if you play like Jack Ziebel.

You clearly have no idea about the role he plays in the team or the impact he has , Go back to watching players like mason wood who im sure would be thrilling you with excitement or count Ben Cunnington's possessions.

Come back to me when you actually watch him play , You dont become a Captain of a 2x time premiership team and win B & F's as well as brownlow medal if you play like Jack Ziebel.

You clearly have no idea about the role he plays in the team or the impact he has , Go back to watching players like mason wood who im sure would be thrilling you with excitement or count Ben Cunnington's possessions.

1 All Australian - amazing. And his B&F came in the years the Tigers were terrible.

Maybe start to discuss the 2009 draft. Now that would be amazing!!

Last edited:
1 All Australian - amazing. And his B&F came in the years the Tigers were terrible.

Maybe start to discuss the 2009 draft. Now that would be amazing!!
Selective posting much ??

How about his captaincy ?
How about winning a brownlow ?

North could only dream of having a champion captain like Trent Cotchin , He will be inducted into the afl hall of fame in the future
and will be known as a Richmond great alongside players like Hart,Sheedy,Bartlett,Roach etc etc etc

You dont get there by being a spud mate , Why even try to get into a debate about a player as you mentioned have only seen play 1 time this year
Just give it up as you are clearly trolling now

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Review 2009 - Revisiting the 2009 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back