2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a fair list. My backline has taken a hammering lately - this is my potential outs:

Hodge
Bock
Houlihan
Cheney
Hurley

Hartlett
Beams
Anthony

Jacobs
Spencer

Walker
Higgins
Hentschel
Brown

Worst case scenario im copping 6 zeroes...

I really want to get Cooney in this week. This is my midfield structure.

Bartel, Swan, Kornes, Cross, Beams, Hartlett, Swift, Anthony (14 trades, 200K)

I'm thinking Beams to Cooney.

Is that worth it?

Thanks in advance.

I find it quite interesting that some people are whinging about copping heaps of zeroes yet those same people still have Hentschel, Skipworth and Anthony in there teams.

Use trades, or cop zeroes. You cant do both.

I really want to get Cooney in this week. This is my midfield structure.

Bartel, Swan, Kornes, Cross, Beams, Hartlett, Swift, Anthony (14 trades, 200K)

I'm thinking Beams to Cooney.

Is that worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Should have gotten rid of both Swift and Anthony 5 weeks ago.

Should have gotten rid of both Swift and Anthony 5 weeks ago.

I know, but I decided to try and be really conservative with trades this year. (It hasn't really worked because of long term injuries, Hille, Harvey, Richardson and the like)

Anyway I think both of these guys are only 2 - 4 weeks away from playing.

Oh well it's only my first year.

Opinions on below options. I will most likely make up my own mind but would like to hear others thoughts.

Defense & Rucks have been finalised. 14 trades left. Enough cash to cover the below options only.

Mids : Bartel, Kornes, Selwood, Coughlan, Rich, Otten, Beams, Robinson

Forwards : Chappy, Lids, Higgins, Ziebell, Thomas, Houlihan, Krak, Warren, Walker. (ordered in my view of importance)

Option 1 : Otten > Cooney & Krak > Stevie J. (dont trust cooney)

Option 2 : Otten > Murphy & Krak > Gia/Buddy/ROK/Rioli (dont trust the forwards)

Option 3 : Otten > Corey (Have to keep krak who is peaking)

Option 4 : Krak > Stevie J (Miss out on Corey/Murphy who are well priced)

Will cop a zero if I have to, these are for the long term.

I know, but I decided to try and be really conservative with trades this year. (It hasn't really worked because of long term injuries, Hille, Harvey, Richardson and the like)

Anyway I think both of these guys are only 2 - 4 weeks away from playing.

Oh well it's only my first year.

nothing wrong with being conservative with trades. I've opted to keep Hentschel & Anthony & Raines all year and I have not regretted doing so. Perhaps in your case with Swift & Anthony as long-term outs you should have traded away one, but I would rather see someone being conservative than being aggressive with trading. The people who are aggressive in trading get the early advantage and talk it up in rounds 8-12 about their awesome teams but they stop visiting Bigfooty after round 18 when they run out of trades and drop 1800s - 1900s every week.

A trade not made is a mistake, but you can always redeem it through a good trade later on. Eg I may have missed Beams. But I might be able to go for Coughlan later on. There's always room for redemption. In one season I can easily find 60 good trading opportunities. All I have to do is pick 20 of them.

A trade made and wasted is wasted forever, and forever tarnishes your soul with the disappointment and shame of being in Bad Trader's Hell.

Cross is nice and juicy this week.

Not sure if he is an all out premium, but he is incredibly consistent - im not sure if he will average 96+ though, maybe just the 92 like in 2007. He is also ALWAYS handball happy.

He has a highish BE, but also a good record against melbourne.

Hmm...

I find it quite interesting that some people are whinging about copping heaps of zeroes yet those same people still have Hentschel, Skipworth and Anthony in there teams.

Use trades, or cop zeroes. You cant do both.

Thats a stupid comment. Not everyone loves sideways trading.

Probably be Hodge -> Another premium around the same price, probably Birchall
Rance -> Grimes

Team is in disarray, luckily have 15 trades before this week started so will still have 13 up my sleeve.

Wots the verdict on skip.. If you still have him now you may aswell hold onto him? Doing so would leave me vulnerable with no backup on the bench...

If you have 7 fwds playing, why trade?

You have held him this long...

I am in a similar situation but the only difference is I am likely to be at least 1 player down in the fwds and still unlikely to trade him yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opinions on below options. I will most likely make up my own mind but would like to hear others thoughts.

Defense & Rucks have been finalised. 14 trades left. Enough cash to cover the below options only.

Mids : Bartel, Kornes, Selwood, Coughlan, Rich, Otten, Beams, Robinson

Forwards : Chappy, Lids, Higgins, Ziebell, Thomas, Houlihan, Krak, Warren, Walker. (ordered in my view of importance)

Option 1 : Otten > Cooney & Krak > Stevie J. (dont trust cooney)

Option 2 : Otten > Murphy & Krak > Gia/Buddy/ROK/Rioli (dont trust the forwards)

Option 3 : Otten > Corey (Have to keep krak who is peaking)

Option 4 : Krak > Stevie J (Miss out on Corey/Murphy who are well priced)

Will cop a zero if I have to, these are for the long term.

id be looking at option 3.

i wouldnt want cooney in my side, and no point trading krak to gia/franklin/rok, he is averaging the same as them. i have buddy and gia and they have been very dissapointing.

i think corey is the cheapest he will be for a while so get on him now.

Krakouer+Ziebell to Medhurst+Franklin?

Couple of underpriced gun begging for some awesome form.

Followed by Nahas>Sidebottom and Coughlan>Cooney next week?

Thoughts???
Wouldnt do it. Ziebell should be one of the last ones to be upgraded. He averages more than both Medhurst and Buddy. Plus, Buddy is going to lose more cash this week as well i think.

What are peoples thoughts on:
Option 1:
Houlihan > Greenwood/Broughton/Pratt
Otten > Bartell
(My last 4 backs are Geary, Hill, Houlihan and Petrenko.)

Option 2:
M Brown > Sidebottom
Otten > Kornes/Murphy

Option 3:
Otten > Cooney

Whichever midfielder I upgrade Otten to will be my 4th mid

I dont think that id pick Option 1 but it could be an option as I believe that Hill will average approx the same as Houlihan from here on and has more security. Im not too sold on option 3 as im not sure that Cooney would average the 100+ required at be a 4th mid

IN: FRANKLIN, BALLANTYNE
OUT: ZIEBALL, SKIPWORTH

pretty angry wanted to hold on to both another couple weeks each to get some more cash togeather but not too happy bout copying a 0.

Just noticed I have a few options with Higgins if I give him the chop now.

Can't stand another doughnut.

Deledio, O'Keefe, Gia or maybe Pavlich for a little more cash.
If you trade out Higgins, you would want the new guy at average at least 90-95 to make it worth it. O'Keefe and Gia wont do that. Deledio could be worth it but will have the odd bad game because he can get locked down by opposition taggers whilst Pav would be more consistent (but dearer)

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back