2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams > Cockie.

Got 18 trades left, ranked top 400. I really do feel this trade would be worthwhile as i feel Cockie's security is pretty high and will net me 100k. Any thoughts?:thumbsu:

k i have 244k in the bank but i dont think there is any place to use it this week:eek: because players still have more price to rise. im very confused about my situation

bottom end of team is:
backs: houlihan, malceski, suban (cheney, broughton)
midfield: deboer (beams, anthony)
fowards: lovett, goodwin (is he injured??), higgins, ziebell, warren (walker, brown)

it feel i should keep the money to upgrade rookies rather than someone like malceski but none of the rookies have peaked yet. i want to trade because otherwise im going to be playing 5 rookies or 4 with a 0 on the weekend and begin to drop fast from 572nd when high scoring weeks return.
would love to know what others would do in my situation?

Thinking of making two trades this week - as long as Mitch Brown plays it will help me avoid a donut and I bring in a premium/keeper. That move is:

Skipworth > S.Johnson

The problem is the downgrade. The only target I really like at the moment is Cockie, which is ok, but I will have to downgrade one of my midcows before they have peaked.

The options are:

• Beams
  • Rich
  • T.Tuck

All 3 potentially have another 50k to go (thats with Tucky averagin 80 from here on in) so its a little tricky. I guess if Beams doesn't get named taht could make the decision easier but other than that I'm not too sure. At the moment I'm almost leading towards Tuck, followed by Beams, and then Rich. The only problem is this would leave me playing two rookies in the mids.

Thoughts guys?

Next week, I'll do Malceski -> Grimes and Petrenko -> Broughton for ~127k each. This week, even with Kornes, Swan (1 emg if Robinson plays) and Higgins (no emg if M Brown doesn't play), I might sit tight.

Rethinking this a bit now. (Figures were for SC as well:eek: - ****ing TooSerious:p)

Might go Mal-> Broughton and play Broughton/Cheney this week, and M Brown to Johnson.

Then upgrade Petrenko to Grimes next week, and play Grimes for a few weeks while he makes some money.

Does anyone know whether Mumford is eligible to play all 22 games this season? He's still on the rookie list and I don't get this Long term injury thing.

He's fine. Egan and Hunt are on the Long-term injury list so he'd be elevated for one of those blokes. Additionally from this year, clubs can "nominate" a rookie after R11 to play seniors regardless of having someone on the LTI list in summary - until Ottens is fit, he'll be playing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i'm thinking about giving up on this team but maybe there is a way out? You tell me

Injuies/Dropped:

Bock, Raines, Broughton

Kerr, Kornes, Ablett

Nathan. G. Brown, Higgins (what happened to him?) Lucas

For cover i have Suban in the backs, Collins and Swift (thought he'd play) plus Ballantyne and Warren in teh forwardline. 14 trades left.

Advice greatly appreciated

Posted this in another thread but that's going to get deleted probably so yeh, am i screwed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams > Cockie.

Got 18 trades left, ranked top 400. I really do feel this trade would be worthwhile as i feel Cockie's security is pretty high and will net me 100k. Any thoughts?:thumbsu:
Only do it if you need the cash now to make an upgrade.

He could be back this week and still has plenty to rise.

Who would people be looking to upgarde first out of skipworth and lucas? After kicking 4 in the magoos is lucas a good chance to reclaim his spot and will skipworth go straight back into the team when he is available? would really love to jump on stevie J this week.

Whats the deal with Shane Tuck and NVB.

Both were highly rated on here after fantastic finishes to last year, anyone thinking these might be repeated?
Van Berlo is a gun - I love him.

I was seriously considering him, however he got injured and gibbs/montagna looked to be better options for me.

Craig loves him, he is a very fit player, and could come home strong.

I havent seen alot of crows games though so im not sure about where h's at currently...

Who would people be looking to upgarde first out of skipworth and lucas? After kicking 4 in the magoos is lucas a good chance to reclaim his spot and will skipworth go straight back into the team when he is available? would really love to jump on stevie J this week.

i dont see our team changing much this week...
i would get rid of skippy first...atleast when lucas comes back in he will play most the game...skippy wont...if lucas comes back he could average 75+

Just do me a favour and stop winning games so the axe can swing ;)

Best thing about lucas is he play like sh*t and still racks up 70 ppg, would love to se him hit some form

Whats the deal with Shane Tuck and NVB.

Both were highly rated on here after fantastic finishes to last year, anyone thinking these might be repeated?

I have Tucky as well and I have been slightly disappointed in his output given some of the other guns around his price range. Last year he finished the season off really strong, so I am hoping for a bit of the same this year. Also, Richmond could change coach soon which could change the landscape at Tigerland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i'm thinking about giving up on this team but maybe there is a way out? You tell me

Injuies/Dropped:

Bock, Raines, Broughton

Kerr, Kornes, Ablett

Nathan. G. Brown, Higgins (what happened to him?) Lucas

For cover i have Suban in the backs, Collins and Swift (thought he'd play) plus Ballantyne and Warren in teh forwardline. 14 trades left.

Advice greatly appreciated

Posted this in another thread but that's going to get deleted probably so yeh, am i screwed?

Broughton should be back this week, so your backs are fine, especially if Raines comes in.

Kornes will miss one at most it looks like. Ablett as well.

Kerr and Lucas are the biggest concerns, so I'd be downgrading Kerr to Coughlan and upgrading Lucas to Riewoldt/Johnson etc.

Does anyone know how close Robinson is to selection? Hoping he might get picked this week but if not he will get the chop chop.

Im looking at Rich>>Murphy and if Robbo not selected then Robinson>>Cockie. Alongwiht 227k in the bank this will set me up nicely for the next few rounds with some tantalising upgrades!!

Here is a spanner in the works for everyone...just read on the Crows board that Taylor Walker has/will not train today due to hamstring soreness and is in a bit of doubt for the weekend!

Just gonna put it out there...that's fooked!!! Another injury is all we need atm haha

Does anyone know how close Robinson is to selection? Hoping he might get picked this week but if not he will get the chop chop.

Im looking at Rich>>Murphy and if Robbo not selected then Robinson>>Cockie. Alongwiht 227k in the bank this will set me up nicely for the next few rounds with some tantalising upgrades!!

robo is probably 2-1 to play this week, but don't get rid of him. he's been gunning it in the VFL and he's a mature rookie already (i.e. he has played enough games that his price will fluctuate immediately) and he'll earn you a bit more yet, and he'll be named if not this week then next week. I have Kane Cornes and Robinson as the backup and I'm happy to hold onto both.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back