2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Broughton would be first in you'd think. Can't see who'd they drop for him though.

I was hoping Schammer would get his week, but I'm sure he's earnt his spot ahead of someone.

Broughton should be back this week, so your backs are fine, especially if Raines comes in.

Kornes will miss one at most it looks like. Ablett as well.

Kerr and Lucas are the biggest concerns, so I'd be downgrading Kerr to Coughlan and upgrading Lucas to Riewoldt/Johnson etc.

Thanks a lot, I have no money in the bank coz i got Corey for Zaharkis last week thinking i wasn't going to get any 0's. How wrong i was. My only forward options are Gia (stinking it up) and Buddy (already have Roughy), neither ideal. Should i stick with one of them anyway so i don't have to cop 5-6 zeros?

Only do it if you need the cash now to make an upgrade.

He could be back this week and still has plenty to rise.

Yeah have binned it already, will just pass on Cockie.

Resist trading this week and sit with 18.

Next Week:

Otten > Steele/Davenport
Suban > Broughton

Following week:

Rich > Swan
Walker/Houlihan> Gun

That will leave 1 of Sidebottom, Beams or Robinson on the field for a few weeks. Ideally will trade Walker but if Houlihan isnt back in the team by then will have to trade him.

Then will be able to downgrade Beams or Robbo to Anthony/Swift later on hopefully.:thumbsu:

Here is a spanner in the works for everyone...just read on the Crows board that Taylor Walker has/will not train today due to hamstring soreness and is in a bit of doubt for the weekend!

Just gonna put it out there...that's fooked!!! Another injury is all we need atm haha

that hurts with higgins in my team and hentchell

My last 4 backs are Geary, Hill, Houlihan and Petrenko.

What are peoples thoughts on:
Houlihan > Greenwood/Broughton/Pratt
Otten > Bartell

I dont think that ill do this but it could be an option as I believe that Hill will average approx the same as Houlihan from here on and has more security

Really want to get a rookie out this week.

Probably M Brown > J Brown to avoid a 0 and get JB (who always finishes well right? - I forget ;))

Which is best way to go this week:

Option A:
Fraser to Sandilands
Rance to Grimes

Option B:
Rich downgrade to Sidebottom
Rance to Birchall

Im leaning to option A, as feel fraser will be carrying injury for next few weeks and has had a good run already. whereas sandilands is starting the be the player many hoped at beginning of season.

Feel that grimes is just as capable of scoring arnd the 70-80 pts a game as perhaps birchall is, and both could obviously score 100-110 as they showed last week, so dont think much between them, and grimes far cheaper and sideways trade for rance?

Might just go ahead with M Brown --> ROK/Gia this week or next, I really want to get one more keeper in to strengthen my side this week though. Or maybe Whitecross ---> Cooney?

Might still wait another week, Dangerfield and Petrenko are too cheap to downgrade.

Might just go ahead with M Brown --> ROK/Gia this week or next, I really want to get one more keeper in to strengthen my side this week though. Or maybe Whitecross ---> Cooney?

Might still wait another week, Dangerfield and Petrenko are too cheap to downgrade.

I would watch trading in Gia as the talk on the Bulldogs forum is to drop him. ROK is a dafter option to keep his spot but his scores this year have been down on previous years. I got ROK at the start and haven't been happy with his scores at all.

I would watch trading in Gia as the talk on the Bulldogs forum is to drop him. ROK is a dafter option to keep his spot but his scores this year have been down on previous years. I got ROK at the start and haven't been happy with his scores at all.

I wouldn't read too much into the talk of him being omitted. He's unfairly been the scapegoat of some fans over the past couple of years.

My defense: Goddard, Cornes, Geary, Burgoyne, Drummond, Houlihan, Rance, Petrenko, Suckling.

$178,300 in the bank. 8 Trades left.

I'm thinking: Petrenko OUT, Grimes IN.

Then trade Rance which will give me $333,900 for a decent backman which I plan to keep to the end. Players I'm looking at include Gilbee, Ryder, Gram, Clarke.

I could take a zero in the defense this week and hope Petrenko goes up a bit and Mackie goes down a bit so I can pick him up in Rd.9.

Thoughts?

My defense: Goddard, Cornes, Geary, Burgoyne, Drummond, Houlihan, Rance, Petrenko, Suckling.

$178,300 in the bank. 8 Trades left.

I'm thinking: Petrenko OUT, Grimes IN.

Then trade Rance which will give me $333,900 for a decent backman which I plan to keep to the end. Players I'm looking at include Gilbee, Ryder, Gram, Clarke.

I could take a zero in the defense this week and hope Petrenko goes up a bit and Mackie goes down a bit so I can pick him up in Rd.9.

Thoughts?

I only say this because you have obviously burnt trades at will... don't trade this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of upgrading Jack Riewoldt to Stevie Johnson before his price gets too much higher.

Hodge, Raines, Robinson, Brown or Garlett to be downgraded? Hodge and Raines in Defence, Robinson mid, Brown and Garlett up forward. Who should I downgrade, and who should I downgrade to?

54,600 in the bank, with 14 trades left.

Also I don't know whether Pearce will hit some form or not, and the same with J. Riewoldt...

That's my problem. Got a 117 against the Roos, but besides that has been hopeless.

Stevie J has been getting, at minimum 90, so since I can trade for him, may as well replace Jack with him. Problem is only who to downgrade, and to who.

But with Richo out, he has the capability to find form. I'll give him one more game. He gets below 75, he's out.

Same goes for Pearce.

Watch out, I've layed down the rules now. ;)

Krakouer+Ziebell to Medhurst+Franklin?

Couple of underpriced gun begging for some awesome form.

Followed by Nahas>Sidebottom and Coughlan>Cooney next week?

Thoughts???

Peter Burgoyne, Ben Cousins, Simon Goodwin, Luke Hodge all tasty upgrade targets for this week...

Oh wait! This is like golf yeah? :eek:

K I have to make trades this week. The injuries are awful, and I copped 4 zeroes on the weekend through injury/late withdrawls.
I'm going to get Cooney this week. He's cheap as pie (328k), and will likely just go back up from here. He was good on the weekend, and IMO will run into good form in the 2nd half of the year.

The question I ask is who do I downgrade to, as I need cash for both this week and next.
Who is more likely to hold their spot?

Cockie vs Sheldon vs DeBoer

Not sure if cockie will. Priddis and Kerr will be coming back in the next couple of weeks, with stenglein, houlihan, fletcher, ebert and macnamara also vying for a place.

What do you think of Krakouer+Ziebell>Franklin+Medhurst?

I have both too lulz.

Jason Davenport as a downgrade target anyone?

Not sure if he will hold his spot with Hartlett, Salopek and S Burger to come in.

Only planning on doing the one trade this week, Otten -> Cross. He is only 368k, so quite cheap for a player of his ability. Cooney is 44k cheaper, but im being cautious on players with limited pre-seasons (Hodge and Franklin prime examples). Cooney has some games he typically struggles in coming up, whereas Cross maintains that 90-95 average in those same games.

I could wait a week considering Cross' B/E of ~122, but he plays Melbourne so could be in for a huge game.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back