2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

You could get ROK, Deledio, Gia, Buddy, Roughead, Davey, Goodwin.

There are quite a few options there. Are you determined to get a Riewoldt, Johnson type? Depends on your side but some of these guys are very well priced at the moment. Can't see Krak going up again for a few weeks or Johnson dropping too much more.

thanks boys, i was keen on stevie j, got the volt ,gia and lids... never really liked ROK but hes a proven performer, so i might have to look into him a bit more

OR do i just go hill to broughten and play this kid, and get anyone for kraks

Looking to overhaul the defense this week.
Have : Chad, Fisher, P.Burger, Hodge, Houlihan, Raines, (Rance, Suban).

I want to keep the faith with Houlihan and Hodge, so I don't want to trade them. Presuming Houlihan will return sooner or later.

Thinking Raines out for Grimes. I'm a bit annoyed I waited this long for Raines only for him to not perform. Will Rance take his spot in 2 weeks? Will he play his way back into form? The Richmond board are pretty scathing of his performance on the weekend and before that with his performances in the seconds.

Grimes:
Plus side - Cheap to buy, big scores (so far and NAB), job security
Negative - Horrible injury history, youth.

So I'm not just asking trade yes or no, I've put some thought into it! What do people think? :confused:

You could get ROK, Deledio, Gia, Buddy, Roughead, Davey, Goodwin.

There are quite a few options there. Are you determined to get a Riewoldt, Johnson type? Depends on your side but some of these guys are very well priced at the moment. Can't see Krak going up again for a few weeks or Johnson dropping too much more.

IMO the only problem with upgrading to fallen guns is you run the risk they will continue to score like they have in the first 8 rounds for the rest of the season. IMO if the moneys there you better to snatch a reiwolt or stevie J coz you know they will ton up most weeks. Then again if you can see a fallen gun turning it around it can be a bit cash saving which will aid you in upgrading in other areas

IMO the only problem with upgrading to fallen guns is you run the risk they will continue to score like they have in the first 8 rounds for the rest of the season. IMO if the moneys there you better to snatch a reiwolt or stevie J coz you know they will ton up most weeks. Then again if you can see a fallen gun turning it around it can be a bit cash saving which will aid you in upgrading in other areas

yeh exactly, thats why im tossing up wether or not to go hill to broughten and play him instead of grimes, so i can get krak to stevie j

Looking to overhaul the defense this week.
Have : Chad, Fisher, P.Burger, Hodge, Houlihan, Raines, (Rance, Suban).

I want to keep the faith with Houlihan and Hodge, so I don't want to trade them. Presuming Houlihan will return sooner or later.

Thinking Raines out for Grimes. I'm a bit annoyed I waited this long for Raines only for him to not perform. Will Rance take his spot in 2 weeks? Will he play his way back into form? The Richmond board are pretty scathing of his performance on the weekend and before that with his performances in the seconds.

Grimes:
Plus side - Cheap to buy, big scores (so far and NAB), job security
Negative - Horrible injury history, youth.

So I'm not just asking trade yes or no, I've put some thought into it! What do people think? :confused:

Only problem I see is that you've held onto Raines for this long - do you want to trade him right before his price rise? I have Raines too and was less than impressed with his output after holding onto him for so long but it was his first game back at AFL level for a fair while. You'd think he holds his spot at least till Rance is back and he may score better as he gets back into the swing of things. At least then you've made some cash out of him. This is what I'm hoping anyway. May rethink if he gets dropped this week.

What do people think of Jason Porplyzia as a Krakouer upgrade ? He's dropped approx $60k from the start of the year. Other than noticing him put up 100 on the weekend, I haven't been following his form, but I remember he was a steady improver during the last season. Does anyone know where he's at injury / form wise ?

going for the
hoilihan to grimes
brown to sidebottom..
This will give me enough money for next week to go
collins to bruce
rich to thompson and still have 40 odd grand left...
Bruce and thompson are going cheap and there both DT guns..

remembering im not in this to win the car just my league.
my forward line consists of
riewoldt, sj, delidio, didak, krakour, higgins, walker, brown, ballantyne

i want to upgrade walker or brown to a midranged keeper forward, was thinking in the 300000 price range. whats people thoughts on skipworth, kennedy or mcglynn. who would you chose out of those 3?
my biasd is obviously behind kennedy but aswell as that i think he will be a a good dt'er, takes heaps of marks.

i want to upgrade walker or brown to a midranged keeper forward, was thinking in the 300000 price range. whats people thoughts on skipworth, kennedy or mcglynn. who would you chose out of those 3?
my biasd is obviously behind kennedy but aswell as that i think he will be a a good dt'er, takes heaps of marks.

Dont get any of those 3 you named. Spend more money.

B: B.Goddard, C.Cornes, J.Adcock, S.Hill, N.Suban, J.Petrenko, A.Raines (L.Hodge, R.Houlihan)
M: B.Gibbs, D.Swan, J.Corey, M.Murphy, P.Hasleby, H.Hartlett (M.Robinson, D.Beams)
R: D.Cox, A.Sandilands (S.Jacobs, D.Currie)
F: S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, J.Roughead, S.Higgins, M.Brown, T.Walker (J.Ziebell, T.Hentschel)

15 trades, 72,900 in the bank.

Ranking copped a battering after only managing 1799. planned trades this week are Petrenko>>Broughton and Brown>>Sidebottom. Firstly it gives me the cash to upgrade Suban to Mackie/Fisher the following week. Secondly I can get these bench players while they're still at the starting price.

Does anyone else have any opinions or advice or have any other ideas?

Anyone think Ben Mglynn in the FWDS for straight trade for Krakwhore might be a option at $274,000.. Has got 84,114 in last two games.. and is a consistent scorer.. its sideways trade but Mglynn could be a keeper i guess.. Gets heaps of marks, kicks, tackles and the odd goal.. all the qualities of good DTr... also gets heaps of Free against like J Selwood.. Plays very simliar higgins type role in midfield and drifts forward.. and look what higgins has done for everyone.. keeper all year if he can stay fit.. I think in the current climate of Footy.. You need to look these types of players in FWD line, Key Forwards have been crap this year, due to lack of Inside 50..

Just out of the box rather than going for Franklin... Who still kicked 4 goals on the weekend but only scored 74.. something wrong with that.. I would rather go ROK now over franklin...

Why not spend a little more and get Buddy, Gia or ROK? Buddy at 312k would be good in that price range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@ Clutch N Bolt: He isnt best 22. Couple of bad game could see him dropped.

yeah true.. but this year could be his year.. be around awhile..about time he got a lengthy run.. you could say that about all the other rookies playing for Hawks at the moment.. would expect moss/dowler/whitecross/tuck.. would be dropped before mcglynn..

Yeah ROK/GIA/Franklin would be the best targets.. at the moment.. Ive got the money i guess. havent really done one upgrade this year.. all LTIS.. If you where going to get Franklin, this would be the week to do it.. maybe next week..

Hey folks anyone lining up Dane Swan for upgrade next couple of weeks.. got a 156 B/E this week.. and should drop down to 414,000 next week.. could be cheapest you can get him all year.. Considering he was rivalling Ablett, Bartel there for a start of the year.. Im posterizing to jump on him.. He shouldn't take much to hit back to his earlier form.. He played very well this weekend considering he was a partially injured, and it was a blowout..

yeah true.. but this year could be his year.. be around awhile..about time he got a lengthy run.. you could say that about all the other rookies playing for Hawks at the moment.. would expect moss/dowler/whitecross/tuck.. would be dropped before mcglynn..

Yeah ROK/GIA/Franklin would be the best targets.. at the moment.. Ive got the money i guess. havent really done one upgrade this year.. all LTIS.. If you where going to get Franklin, this would be the week to do it.. maybe next week..

Not a chance. Dowler is in till Gilham returns and possibly longer than that. He is getting good experience at CHB, and is playing well. Moss stays in, might have taken Crawfs spot. Can fulfill a run-with role, and is also dangerous as a crumber. Whitecross has been a revelation down back, and is in until Ladson returns.

Tuck and McGlynn fill the same role - ball winning inside mid. Both have pretty ordinary disposal, but Tucky is a bit out of form at the moment so could make way. He is the only one though, the rest stay in. I wouldnt be jumping on, when Ellis and Young return he will most likely be dropped.

Looks like ill go
suban -> grimes.

then my next target is to upgrade houlihan, if he is not play or not showing form. Cant really see him come back and dominate.

Pretty sure on:

Krak > Sidebottom
Hill> Broughton.

Next week:
Otten > Swan
Walker > around 390k FWD.

Hopefully it works out, if Swan scores poorly again this week may need to hold off. Another worry is Raines, need him to lift his scoring this week as well as his security.

Hey guys,

First year DTer here need help for trades this week...
Heres my team:

Backs: Goddard, Lockyer, C.Cornes, Gilbert, Raines, Suban, Cheney
(Houlihan, Peterenko)
Mids: Selwood, Beams, Gibbs, foley, otten, . Hasleby (kerr, anthony)
Rucks: cox, kreuzer (charman,sellar)
Forwards: Stevie J, N.Roo, Pav, Steele, Bowler, Grey, Davis (Higguns, hogan)
Bank : 14100

Any help will be appriciated,

thx guys
:p:p:D:D:cool::cool:;);):):)

Pretty sure on:

Krak > Sidebottom
Hill> Broughton.

I did the same, except went with Hill > Grimes. We'll have to see how that goes.

Planning on upgrading Rich or Zaharakis to A/B/C next week.

My backs and FWs are pretty set - looking to upgrade hill and krakouer this week and next. By then my cows (namely beams + Zaha) will be ready, and I will upgrade otten/rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back