2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Will grimes average over 85 for the rest of the season?

my crystal ball says av 83.33 till he gets injured in rd 16 ;)

would someone be able to tell me what grimes will be worth if he scores.. 80,80,80,80,80,80 in coming rounds... or any sequence that is similar to him averaging in the 80... ???

are people holding onto houlihan?? is he any chance to return into the side any time soon ??

Again on the Grimes dilema.

Usually i dont crumble and trade in these injury prone/history of injury players. I didn't with Coughlan.

However, after Raines went down, i lost my 7th back. He was then replaced with Rance, who did a great job of covering until he got given responsibility.

Now Raines is back and looks like he might average a scary 50-60 odd...

I cant have that for much longer.

Is it better off....

Suban --> Broughten
+
Rance --> Grimes

or...

Suban --> Broughten
and
bypass Grimes and wait for Hodge?

If anyone picks up Grimes at this point, he will be in their final squad.
I spose the question everyone is asking is.. Will he be good enough, ie Ave 85 OR stay on the park for the remainder of the year?

There are 14 rounds left.

Option 1: Grimes averages 85 for the remainder + plays 14
85x14 = 1190 points

Option 2: Grimes averages 85 misses 2 games
85*12 + 2*50 = 1120

Option 3: Play Raines for 5 weeks and wait for Hodge
60*5 + 95*9 = 1155

Obviously this takes into account a few variables and guess work.
How many will Grimes miss if any, can Hodge average 95, will Grimes average the same?

Option 3 probably has alot less risk, but will cost more, given that the Grimes option will net me 20k and the Hodge trade will probably cost 50k.

Is the extra 70k and less risk worth the loss of about 100 potential points..

bit of a problem with rucks at the moment
have cox, meesen, spencer and jacobs

thinking of going
Houilihan -> Grimes
Meesen -> Koschitzke

or
Suban -> Grimes
Meesen -> Hampson

this is hoping hampson plays the rest of the season, i kinda wanted to upgrade houlihan to like a mackie or enright, but i might need to downgrade him
cheers

thinking of upgrading rich to an elite. can afford any player not named ablett or bartell. My current midfield consists of gibbs, corey, boak, haselby and coughlan..with beams and barham on the bench.

So whats your thoughts on who i should pick?

thinking of upgrading rich to an elite. can afford any player not named ablett or bartell. My current midfield consists of gibbs, corey, boak, haselby and coughlan..with beams and barham on the bench.

So whats your thoughts on who i should pick?
There's a few reasonably priced midfielders to look at, in particular:

Cam Bruce ~ 365k
Daniel Cross ~ 350k
Adam Cooney ~ 325k

All three are underpriced proven scorers and are looking very 'delicous'.

There's a few reasonably priced midfielders to look at, in particular:

Cam Bruce ~ 365k
Daniel Cross ~ 350k
Adam Cooney ~ 325k

All three are underpriced proven scorers and are looking very 'delicous'.

haha yeh cooney is one i ddnt notice at first glance which is worth a look will save me a bit of money going into my next trades aswell, might just wait a couple weeks and upgrade to gablett though he is due to drop a bit of $ in the next few weeks and i should have the finances by then. Thanks for your reply though:thumbsu:

need to make a couple of trades to bolster my team this week.

looking at either trading suban (think hes peaked) or houlihan.

i have about 186,000 in the bank

my options are

a) houlihan >>>> gilbee
then
skipworth (i know hes coming back)>>>>>>>>>pavlich

b) suban>>>>>>> grimes
walker>>>>>>>> davey/petrie

c) houlihan>>>>>> grimes
walker>>>>>>>> pavlich (good 100k left over)

all have there pros and cons, a) seems to have the most stability, b) i get rid of two rookies and c) enables me to make 2 decent trades with cash left over which i can use for bargains possibly in round 10.

thoughts on this would be great

B: B.Goddard, C.Cornes, J.Adcock, S.Hill, N.Suban, J.Petrenko, A.Raines (L.Hodge, R.Houlihan)
M: B.Gibbs, D.Swan, J.Corey, M.Murphy, P.Hasleby, H.Hartlett (M.Robinson, D.Beams)
R: D.Cox, A.Sandilands (S.Jacobs, D.Currie)
F: S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, J.Roughead, S.Higgins, M.Brown, T.Walker (J.Ziebell, T.Hentschel)

15 trades, 72,900 in the bank.
Ranked 9022 (down 313 places)
Last 3 Scores: R8-1799, R7-2003, R6-2113

This Week:
Petrenko>>Broughton
Brown>>Sidebottom

Next Week:
Suban>>Mackie/Fisher

Getting Sidebottom and Broughton in this week as they will be my scoring bench options for the rest of the year (well thats the plan lol).

Everyone seems to be getting on the Grimes train, but is it really worth it?

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas for improvement on my side?

Im also weighing up getting Grimes, i would think if i brought him in i would be doing so as a keeper, as i would be doing the following.

A) HOULIHAN > GRIMES = $119K LEFT
KRAK > FRANKLIN

OR

B)

HOULIHAN > GILBEE
KRAK > FRANKLIN

I have $75k in the back so both trades are feesable, the only thing is with Grimes Vs Gilbee is i feel as though Gilbee is more of a keeper and would complete my backline.

Firstly what are peoples thoughts on Gilbee, and when you blokes are picking up Grimes are you doing so with the intention him being a keeper or planning on upgrading him again, which in my opinion would be a waste of a trade, concidering you could just upgrade Houlihan to a keeper very easily.

Would like to know your thoughts on this?

Im also weighing up getting Grimes, i would think if i brought him in i would be doing so as a keeper, as i would be doing the following.

A) HOULIHAN > GRIMES = $119K LEFT
KRAK > FRANKLIN

OR

B)

HOULIHAN > GILBEE
KRAK > FRANKLIN

I have $75k in the back so both trades are feesable, the only thing is with Grimes Vs Gilbee is i feel as though Gilbee is more of a keeper and would complete my backline.

Firstly what are peoples thoughts on Gilbee, and when you blokes are picking up Grimes are you doing so with the intention him being a keeper or planning on upgrading him again, which in my opinion would be a waste of a trade, concidering you could just upgrade Houlihan to a keeper very easily.

Would like to know your thoughts on this?

in the same boat as you im leaning towards gilbee but its bloody tough the decision, getting grimes could really do my team wonders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in the same boat as you im leaning towards gilbee but its bloody tough the decision, getting grimes could really do my team wonders

Depends what your back are i supopse. I know the extra $ saved on Grimes could get you another premium, but the security may not be there all year with him, i.e injury etc.

My back are:

GODDARD, FISHER, CORNES, MACKIE, HODGE, HOULIHAN,
BROUGHTON, CHENEY, PETRENKO.

I just feel that Gilbee in with Broughton, Cheney as 7th back would be better than Grimes.

Other things that have to be taken in to account is Houlihan is due to rise about $30k as soon as he comes back, having said that Gilbee has a breakeven of 60 odd this week, so it evens itself out.

Decisions....:rolleyes:

Depends what your back are i supopse. I know the extra $ saved on Grimes could get you another premium, but the security may not be there all year with him, i.e injury etc.

My back are:

GODDARD, FISHER, CORNES, MACKIE, HODGE, HOULIHAN,
BROUGHTON, CHENEY, PETRENKO.

I just feel that Gilbee in with Broughton, Cheney as 7th back would be better than Grimes.

Other things that have to be taken in to account is Houlihan is due to rise about $30k as soon as he comes back, having said that Gilbee has a breakeven of 60 odd this week, so it evens itself out.

Decisions....:rolleyes:

yeah very true my backs are
GODDARD, FISHER, CORNES, ENRIGHT, M.CLARKE, SUBAN, BROUGHTAN, HOULIHAN, CHENEY.

last week it had a shocker and i want to move houlihan or suban to bring in some stability and gilbee at 330 looks really enticing and if i can get grimes it enables me to get pavlich for walker so i can auto upgrade him to pavlich as i just dont have enough for him at the moment.

I am among the plethora of coaches considering Grimes/Sidebottom this week, and after a crushing series of League losses I am going on a trading frenzy!

How does this sound:

Hodge > Grimes
M.Brown > Sidebottom

THEN

Houlihan > Lockyer
T.Tuck > Ablett/Bartel/Corey (Will have ~$495k to play with)

What do you think?

B: B.Goddard, C.Cornes, J.Adcock, S.Hill, N.Suban, J.Petrenko, A.Raines (L.Hodge, R.Houlihan)
M: B.Gibbs, D.Swan, J.Corey, M.Murphy, P.Hasleby, H.Hartlett (M.Robinson, D.Beams)
R: D.Cox, A.Sandilands (S.Jacobs, D.Currie)
F: S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, J.Roughead, S.Higgins, M.Brown, T.Walker (J.Ziebell, T.Hentschel)

15 trades, 72,900 in the bank.
Ranked 9022 (down 313 places)
Last 3 Scores: R8-1799, R7-2003, R6-2113

This Week:
Petrenko>>Broughton
Brown>>Sidebottom

Next Week:
Suban>>Mackie/Fisher

Getting Sidebottom and Broughton in this week as they will be my scoring bench options for the rest of the year (well thats the plan lol).

Everyone seems to be getting on the Grimes train, but is it really worth it?

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas for improvement on my side?

Anyone??

yeah very true my backs are
GODDARD, FISHER, CORNES, ENRIGHT, M.CLARKE, SUBAN, BROUGHTAN, HOULIHAN, CHENEY.

last week it had a shocker and i want to move houlihan or suban to bring in some stability and gilbee at 330 looks really enticing and if i can get grimes it enables me to get pavlich for walker so i can auto upgrade him to pavlich as i just dont have enough for him at the moment.

Best thing about your backline is they are all playing, so you could mabye afford the risk of bringing in Grimes, not that its a huge risk, he will play every game i think if fit.

If it means you can upgrade and fix other areas, which you will be able to with the extra $ then i reckon go for it, but i think if you got him in you would be looking at hanging onto him for the year.:thumbsu:

If i were you i would think about upgrading Haselby to Kornes in the next couple of weeks, apart from that you look like your sitting pretty with some players comming back in this week.

Mind you, im in the same boat as you with Hodge and Houlihan on the bench, but will be better off for not trading Hodge i think.:thumbsu:

Should I do:

Rance --> Broughton
Motlop --> Steve Johnson

Or just:

Rance --> Broughton
Petrenko --> Grimes

My backline and forward line are my weak spots (I am happy with my midfield)

Backline: Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Taylor, Petrenko, Cheney, Raines, Rance, Quinn :)o).

Forwardline:
Didak, Riewoldt, Deledio, Roughead, Motlop, Ziebell, Higgins, Walker, Ballantyne.

Should I do:

Rance --> Broughton
Motlop --> Steve Johnson

Or just:

Rance --> Broughton
Petrenko --> Grimes

My backline and forward line are my weak spots (I am happy with my midfield)

Backline: Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Taylor, Petrenko, Cheney, Raines, Rance, Quinn :)o).

Forwardline: Didak, Riewoldt, Deledio, Roughead, Motlop, Ziebell, Higgins, Walker, Ballantyne.

second option IMO ur backs need more work than your forwards

11 trades left, $190k in the bank. Basically have 4 players in my best 22 to upgrade:

Ziebell, M Brown, Rich, Beams.

Adcock, Gilbert and Higgins will be my non-premium keepers, and I hope Hodge and Bock regain form and fitness.

This week I'll just do the 1 trade. M Brown --> Franklin.

Then, I might just have to sit and wait on a few cash cows, because in no more than 6 trades I will want to do these:

1. Beams --> Ablett
2. Rich --> Bartel
3. Ziebell --> Riewoldt

May have to forgoe one of these for a fallen gun if I can't afford them.

Other alternative is to trade one of Hodge, Bock or Adcock to Grimes for cash, but this would then turn Grimes into a keeper.

Thoughts?

11 trades left, $190k in the bank. Basically have 4 players in my best 22 to upgrade:

Ziebell, M Brown, Rich, Beams.

Adcock, Gilbert and Higgins will be my non-premium keepers, and I hope Hodge and Bock regain form and fitness.

This week I'll just do the 1 trade. M Brown --> Franklin.

Then, I might just have to sit and wait on a few cash cows, because in no more than 6 trades I will want to do these:

1. Beams --> Ablett
2. Rich --> Bartel
3. Ziebell --> Riewoldt

May have to forgoe one of these for a fallen gun if I can't afford them.

Other alternative is to trade one of Hodge, Bock or Adcock to Grimes for cash, but this would then turn Grimes into a keeper.

Thoughts?

1. Beams --> Ablett
2. Rich --> Bartel

Those 2 upgrades will require 6 trades in themselves... Beams and Rich combined will be 500k... Ablett and Bartel combined will be 900k (at least)... need to finance 400k to get them.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back