2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, really need some help with my decisions!

My trade plans depend heavily on whether Houlihan plays, tell me what you guys think:

1)

Brown > Sidebottom ($160,000 left)
Hodge > Grimes ($303,600)
THEN
Houlihan > Lockyer ($235,700)
T.Tuck > Ablett/Bartel/Corey/Kornes (If AB are over $500k then cant afford)

2)

Houlihan > Grimes ($194,700)
Brown > Sidebottom ($275,600)

THEN
Travis Tuck > Cooney ($415,600)
Zaharakis > Stanton/DalSanto

Atm Im fielding Zaharakis, T.Tuck, Broughton and Petrenko :(
Is it worth hanging onto Hodge?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Very much depends on the rest of your backline and whether or not you can cover him. In my case, i didn't have too much cover (i wouldn't really call Petrenko 'cover') and i also wanted to upgrade my backs, so i traded him out for Grimes (mind you this was last week, so Grimes right now is an even better option than he was last week).

I'd go with option number 1 if i was you.

Very much depends on the rest of your backline and whether or not you can cover him. In my case, i didn't have too much cover (i wouldn't really call Petrenko 'cover') and i also wanted to upgrade my backs, so i traded him out for Grimes (mind you this was last week, so Grimes right now is an even better option than he was last week).

I'd go with option number 1 if i was you.

Thanks mate. If I held onto Hodge, my weakest backs would be Grimes, Adcock, and one of Broughton/Petrenko. So I'd probably like to get some more power back there.

Few weeks back I thought I had used all the trades I was going to use on my backline, then Hodge and Houlihan screw me over!!

Thanks mate. If I held onto Hodge, my weakest backs would be Grimes, Adcock, and one of Broughton/Petrenko. So I'd probably like to get some more power back there.

Few weeks back I thought I had used all the trades I was going to use on my backline, then Hodge and Houlihan screw me over!!

If those are your weakest, then you might as well hang on to him, especially if Houlihan is named. In my case it was Hill, Broughton, and Petrenko all on the field, and that was NOT good at all. If you have other upgrades you could probably tend to those before this one, and you've already ridden on of Hodges injury weeks anyway. If Houlihan isn't named though, that makes it tougher.

If those are your weakest, then you might as well hang on to him, especially if Houlihan is named. In my case it was Hill, Broughton, and Petrenko all on the field, and that was NOT good at all. If you have other upgrades you could probably tend to those before this one, and you've already ridden on of Hodges injury weeks anyway. If Houlihan isn't named though, that makes it tougher.

Yea thats true. Cant really see him getting named though, especially after their big win last weekend.

The way I see it is...if Houlihan isnt named, Im gonna trade off Hodge and possibly Houlihan the following week. If he is named, I might hang onto Hodge and see what I can do elsewhere.

Atm Im playing Broughton, Petrenko, Zaharakis, T.Tuck, and Ben Warren...so Im itching to do some trading :)

Surely Houlihan provides Carlton a better player than Yarren. At the very least he demands a little bit of respect from his opponent.

We can only hope.

I am equally pissed at Malthouse though. You would think that a team missing virtually their entire forward line of Thomas, Rocca, Didak, and to then have Mehurst withdraw would look to bring in the forward emergency of McCaffer, but no... he brings in Toovey.

Surely Houlihan provides Carlton a better player than Yarren. At the very least he demands a little bit of respect from his opponent.

Sometimes it is not all about the present day, but about the future. Rattan has shown that when you get called up to the Blues, you will get an extended run to prove your worth.
*ignore Bentley as the MC had a brain fart*

Yarran in the long term will provide everything that Houlihan does and then a heap more. It is all about getting some games into our younger players. We've given some valuable experience to Jacobs, AJ, Austin, Garlett, Robinson and Yarran this year.

Yeah i get that in the future. But to me he's not ready atm. If you lose a game like you did to Freo again next week by under a goal you will be spitting chips, because to me you are at least a one goal better side with Houlihan in the team.

The Grimes/Broughton/Sidebottom dilemma is doing my head in...

It's a tough one, aint it? I'm glad that I bit the bullet and got Broughton last week so I can get all three.. Having said that... I am probably still going to pass on Sidebottom. My midfield and forward rookies are all going well

im looking at 2 trades that im pretty certain on which is bringing in grimes for either suban or houlihan. (probably houlihan) and then skipworth to pavlich, if i do houlihan it means i can still upgrade pavlich and still have 100k in the bank and with the option of either having cheney, broughtan or suban as my 7th back i think it puts me into a good situation.

looking at upgrading hill this week and will have around 390k to play with. i was looking at scotland, mackie,enright,fisher,birchall,burgoyne who would be the best to get there and are there any other suggestions?

current backline-cornes,lockyer,hodge,gilbert,adcock,houlihan,hill and subs broughton and suban. so i really need to bring in another gun to sure things up down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how much do you people think sidebottom will increase this week assuming he gets say 65 pts..

he is 110k, he would be averaging 65, do you think he would jump say 45 k??

that would be a nice little cash grab..

From Too Serious:

80 - $47,075
70 - $43,665
65 - $41,960
60 - $40,255

Pretty standard for the first price increase

I'm thinking of completing a couple of trades in the next few weeks
Krakouer -> Skipworth

Houlihan -> Mackie

The way I see it, Mackie needs at least 100 or his price will drop dramatically, so I'm willing to wait on the Houlihan trade.
However, I'm not sure whether I should complete the Krakouer trade to Skipworth this week (not matter whether Skipworth is named) or wait until Skipworth is named before making the trade. If I wait, I'll miss out on the $25k that the trade would bring me if I complete it this week.

Actually ... the more I think of it ... would I be better off trading Houlihan for Hodge???

Thoughts???

Krakouer -> Skipworth

Houlihan -> Mackie

The way I see it, Mackie needs at least 100 or his price will drop dramatically, so I'm willing to wait on the Houlihan trade.
However, I'm not sure whether I should complete the Krakouer trade to Skipworth this week (not matter whether Skipworth is named) or wait until Skipworth is named before making the trade. If I wait, I'll miss out on the $25k that the trade would bring me if I complete it this week.

Actually ... the more I think of it ... would I be better off trading Houlihan for Hodge???

Thoughts???

whoa, good trades :eek:

Krakouer -> Skipworth

Houlihan -> Mackie

Thoughts???

I'm just a bit stunned that you are keen to trade in the last two blokes I have traded out being Hodge and Skipworth. One of us must be doing the wrong thing.

I'm just a bit stunned that you are keen to trade in the last two blokes I have traded out being Hodge and Skipworth. One of us must be doing the wrong thing.

Prior to his injury, I was lining Skipworth up as my 5/6th midfielder but I needed cover on my bench (and some cash) so I traded Skipworth out (for the record, Hocking now has that position).

Assuming he hasn't done further damage to the inital injury by playing however many games with the injury, Hodge will return to form the week after he returns from injury.

Knowing that Hodge will return to form, my biggest issue with my Houlihan trade is do I go for Mackie or Hodge.

Prior to his injury, I was lining Skipworth up as my 5/6th midfielder but I needed cover on my bench (and some cash) so I traded Skipworth out (for the record, Hocking now has that position).

Assuming he hasn't done further damage to the inital injury by playing however many games with the injury, Hodge will return to form the week after he returns from injury.

Knowing that Hodge will return to form, my biggest issue with my Houlihan trade is do I go for Mackie or Hodge.
What the hell man your posts are like train wrecks.. Just stop
DT101 for you

what are everyones thoughts on ben mcglynn thinking he might be a fairly good trade for krakeour. he will be sure to increase in price if he continues raking in these scores! and while i know durability is a concern it seems that when he's not injured hes somewhat of a dt superstar!:thumbsu: whats peoples thoughts??? preferably like a reply from someone in no passengers/ around that mark :p

what are everyones thoughts on ben mcglynn thinking he might be a fairly good trade for krakeour. he will be sure to increase in price if he continues raking in these scores! and while i know durability is a concern it seems that when he's not injured hes somewhat of a dt superstar!:thumbsu: whats peoples thoughts??? preferably like a reply from someone in no passengers/ around that mark :p

Trade to someone whose good.

Well I had him from the start of the pre season, was really banking on him to have a big year. Traded him out before lockout because of his injury, but he is a good player. Will average 80-90 if he plays, as he is really fighting for his spot.

If you can manage an upgrade I would do that instead though.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back