2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, do you reckon it's good if you take a midpricer who hasn't raised in price to Grimes. E.g McLeod, MacDonald, Malcekski, Clarke etc.

Grimes will rise about 50k or so with a reasonable score.

That trade there would be netting you money. Chances are Grimes is going to rise enough back to the original midpricer's price you sold him for. E.g with McLeod, he is worth 272k, you sell him for Grimes, netting you 90k. Grimes will rise and be at McLeod's old price or more. So for one trade you get 90k + extra points Grimes will score plus however much Grimes makes if you are upgrading him. Obviously there's a risk to that, but do you reckon that is worth the one trade in this trade short season?

I'm looking at a trade for Grimes like this:-

Suban>>Grimes 1 trade to a possible 7th back keeper. If it doesn't work out it would be a small upgrade with a 2nd trade to a premium.

or

Suban>>Broughton for +115k then Cheney>>Premium. 2 trades anyway to get to a keeper.

I'm still likely to get a LTI in the backline so an upgrade from that injury to a premium is on the cards anyway. Grimes may still end up being a keeper with an 80 av.

option 2 sounds better to me
as Grimes is injury prone with his back
and you will be able to upgrade one of your cash cows in cheney to a premium

i am doing something similar but need opinions

Option 1
Stephen Hill>>>>Broughton
Ziebell>>>>Steve Johnson

Option 2
Houlihan>>>>Grimes
Rich>>>Boyd

Option 3
Raines>>>Grimes
Ziebell>>>>Aaron Davey
11 trades remaining
Opinions needed please

I have had a radical thought this afternoon, and it could be crazy but I want to see what people think about some potential trades I was thinking of doing. I am very confident in my forward line, my backline is at least average, but my midfield needs work. In the next 3 weeks I want to bring in Ablett and Bartel for Rich and Hartlett. In order to do this, I obviously need a bucketload of cash. Was looking at doing:

This week:
Out Houlihan In Grimes
Out Didak In Sidebottom (obviously the huge call I'm making, but I just doubt Didak will be premium anymore this year + I suspect he's carrying a few niggles still besides his hammy)

The week after:
Out Hill in Hurley
Out Rich in Ablett/Bartel (depending on BEs at the time)

Week after that:
Out Hartlett in Ablett/Bartel

This is taking a big punt that I think Sidebottom will hold his spot for the year, and I think he will average 70+. I will need him on the field for a while if this is the case, with Walker on the bench. Alternatively to trading Didak I could trade Walker to Sidebottom, but obviously I'd need to use another trade to create a bit more $.

Is this just a ******* idea or is there some merit in it? Any thoughts?

Any opinions? I figure having Bartel, Ablett, Kornes, Swan, Gibbs in my midfield far outweighs having didak in my forward line.

Thinking of a couple of downgrades this week:

Hill > Broughton
Brown > Sidebottom

Hill over Petrenko because the downside to his price is a lot higher, and I think Sidey needs to be picked in the forwards because of the lack of future downgrade targets there. This leaves me likely to lose a stack of cash on T.Tuck but I plan on upgrading him to Swan who is likely to match or exceed his price fall in anycase.

Does that sound sane enough?

I'm same bout as you Hill or Petrenko > Broughton and Brown > Sidebottom. Could even through Suban into the mix for downgrading. Problem for me is that I have Hill, Petrenko and Suban all on field atm with Hodge and Houlihan on the pine. With that in mind, as much as the extra cash I get from trading Hill is a bonus, i'm just sick of the crap that Petrenko is dishing up. If he consistently scored 50 id be happy, but he isnt and im not!

Decisions decisions. Ppl say its not worth a trade but im starting to think its not even worth having that crap on my bench. Much rather have Broughton's 60 than Petrenko's anything (mostly bad lol) to cover for any injuries.

What does everyone reckon?

Option 1
Ziebell>>>>Steve Johnson

Option 2
Houlihan>>>>Grimes
Rich>>>Boyd

Option 3
Raines>>>Grimes
Ziebell>>>>Aaron Davey
11 trades remaining
Opinions needed please

I don't think Rich nor Ziebell are ready to be traded...
If Houlihan doesn't get picked i'd say trade him to Grimes...and hold onto rich and ziebell for another week or two while they keep rising.

Ive got 14 trades left.. 93k spare

I'm going to go Rance --> Grimes as my 7th back.

What are your thoughts on this trade??

With my other trade...i could go Mitch brown --> Sidebottom.. Will Sidebottom keep his spot? Is this worth doing?

Otherwise i could trade Fevola to a gun or Gia?...Or Krakeouer to Gia or Someone else? Who?

My fwd line is currently: JBrown, Pavlich, Deledio, Steve Johnson, Higgins, Fevola, Krak

Help???

option 2 sounds better to me
as Grimes is injury prone with his back
and you will be able to upgrade one of your cash cows in cheney to a premium

Option 1
Ziebell>>>>Steve Johnson

Option 2
Houlihan>>>>Grimes
Rich>>>Boyd

Option 3
Raines>>>Grimes
Ziebell>>>>Aaron Davey
11 trades remaining
Opinions needed please
i think option 2
except dont get rid of rich because he has alot of money left and has a low BE also dont trade ziebell because of the same reasons. Wait a few weeks then get rid of rich for cross. Cross has a high BE and is already very low. He is a certain keeper and should come good.

I don't think Rich nor Ziebell are ready to be traded...
If Houlihan doesn't get picked i'd say trade him to Grimes...and hold onto rich and ziebell for another week or two while they keep rising.

Ive got 14 trades left.. 93k spare

I'm going to go Rance --> Grimes as my 7th back.

What are your thoughts on this trade??

With my other trade...i could go Mitch brown --> Sidebottom.. Will Sidebottom keep his spot? Is this worth doing?

Otherwise i could trade Fevola to a gun or Gia?...Or Krakeouer to Gia or Someone else? Who?

My fwd line is currently: JBrown, Pavlich, Deledio, Steve Johnson, Higgins, Fevola, Krak

Help???

I would do that Grimes one. You have 14 trades left which is plenty and Grimes is a massive oppurtunity. Go for it imo.

I would do that Grimes one. You have 14 trades left which is plenty and Grimes is a massive oppurtunity. Go for it imo.

thanks. Is it worth a trade downgrading mitch brown to sidebottom before his rise? or should i wait for another young forward and hope brown makes his b/e and keeps going up until then? my other sub is wade thompson..

I have 16 trades left so I might just take the risk with Grimes and hope it pays off.

Hill ----> Grimes
Milburn ----> Mackie

Still not sure on whether I should get Davenport in for Dangerfield, then upgrade Hill to Mackie. Then I could trade Milburn to Fisher the week after.

May as well take risks now, or I'll just die outside the top 10k.

Looking at doing these trades this week.

Suban > Broughton
Dawson > Grimes

This leaves me 115k in the bank.

Backline will look like this - Hodge, Houlihan, Shaw, Goddard, Birchall, S.Fisher, Grimes with Cheney/Broughton on the pine.

A little bit week for mine but I only have to get rid of Taylor Walker and my team will be solid. Doing these trades + (Brown Walker) would leave me 10 trades to settle the rest of my team.

Maybe Robbo/Hartlett to a gun in a few weeks.

Hell I might even give up waiting for Ottens and get in McIntosh or someone.

Hmm well my backline is pretty poor but I am wanting to do a few downgrades. I want Grimes and I am going between Broughton and Sidebottom in the forward line.

Who do you think will get more games and rise up the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what i will do this week.

Looking to offload krakouer, but not sure about the options available to me.

Krak to McGlynn could be the cheapest keeper upgrade in history.
Otherwise there's franklin.

Or you looking to downgrade?

Any opinions? I figure having Bartel, Ablett, Kornes, Swan, Gibbs in my midfield far outweighs having didak in my forward line.

Didak is quality - I reckon you'll regret trading him in a couple of weeks.

Not sure what i will do this week.

Looking to offload krakouer, but not sure about the options available to me.
How much you got in your bank? Also who else do you have in your forward line?

I'm looking at getting Grimes in for Hill or Suban. Should i do this or not? got 13 trades left and 19k.

Team looks like

Backs: Fisher,Goddard, C.Cornes, Drummond, Adcock, Hill, Broughton EMG Cheney and Suban

Mids:Gibbs,J.Selwood ,Kornes, S.Tuck,Rich,Otten EMG Danger and Robinson

Rucks: Cox,Tippett EMG Spencer, Jacobs

Forwards: S.Johnson, Deledio, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, L.Davis,Higgins,Didak EMG M.Brown and Warren

The ones with underlines are the 1s i plan to upgrade out of my starting 22.

Would like to maybe get Cooney or Cross but Rich and Otten still have a bit more to make still.

Not sure if i should be downgrading Brown to Sidebottom or maybe Danger to Davenport(would like to wait for someone like Anthony though)

I think my Rucks can wait because i dont really trust many rucks to upgrade Tippett to.

Not much to downgrade in the backline and i don't have much in the bank so i thought Grimes could be a keeper. Then Maybe downgrade 1 of my mids or backs then get mackie for suban soon.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

I am thinking of doing
Option 1
T Tuck > Davenport
Hill/petrenko > Broughton
Option 2
T Tuck > Davenport
Walker > 389100k to spend.
Thoughts ?

I'd do Dale Thomas to SJ and pocket the cash.

I got the feeling Dale Thomas would start playing before Ziebell... Oh, and that ain't all.

In the midfield I can go Rich -> Montagna or Rich/Otten to anyone under 428k. There's a stack to choose from though, I don't want to get too greedy, only 11 trades left.

Thinking
Zac Dawson/Suban to Broughton
Considering both have a BE of 25+
Then
Mitch Brown to Rusty
both these trades will get me 220k
then the weeks after i will upgrade
Krak dempsey Ben warren Ziebell

246K in bank

Hill to Mackie (have broughton and Suban already as emg)

and either

1. Krak to SJ

or

2. Lucas to Pav. (Currently have Lucas, Sidebottom, Yarran and Krak in that forwardline, which is costing me too much pointswise)

Which one (Krak or Lucas) should I trade first? Dont really want to miss out on Mackie. Donuts not really an issue, though if I trade Lucas out, I could avoid playing Yarran.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back