2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a stupid England soccer mask in the mail, however it came with a wonderful Betfair promotion that I will be taking advantage of.

Basically, lay England for up to $100 for the Final Four. If they make it, Betfair give me the $100 back. If they don't, I get the $63 to keep.

Win. And now I hope England lose :)

What do you think of these bets guys?

van persie into fabiano into rooney into villa - $20

south korea to qualify - $20

australia to qualify - $10

spain to win group into italy to win group into england to win group into
uruguay to not qualify into holland to win group - $20

italy/paraguay quinella into england/usa quinella into spain/chile quinella into
holland/cameroon quinella - $20

I believe if you put this one on with Centrebet, you get your $$ back if we finish third.

Got a stupid England soccer mask in the mail, however it came with a wonderful Betfair promotion that I will be taking advantage of.

Basically, lay England for up to $100 for the Final Four. If they make it, Betfair give me the $100 back. If they don't, I get the $63 to keep.

how does it work?

can anyone do this?

What? Really? Im going to look into that...

David villa is 1.53 to score 3 or more goals in entire tournament on sportsbet.

Value?

could have 3 by end of group stage

Easy.
I expect Spain to take out the World Cup, so they'll be playing every possible match (not sure how many that is), but I'd take it if I had a sportsbet account rather than Sportingbet.

Also was deciding which future i would do to keep me interested once Australia has been knocked out, its either

A previous winner to win cup (Uruguay, Italy, Germany, Brazil, England, Argentina, France) at 1.58

OR

The Big 4 Vs the Field
The Big 4 (Spain, eng, brazil, argentina) at 1.62

I like having the cover of spain in the big 4 bet but im worried about what Italy and germany will produce (even with their injuries).

Thoughts?

Also was deciding which future i would do to keep me interested once Australia has been knocked out, its either

A previous winner to win cup (Uruguay, Italy, Germany, Brazil, England, Argentina, France) at 1.58

OR

The Big 4 Vs the Field
The Big 4 (Spain, eng, brazil, argentina) at 1.62

I like having the cover of spain in the big 4 bet but im worried about what Italy and germany will produce (even with their injuries).

Thoughts?

I would prefer to take Spain + Brazil vs the field at $2.8ish

^ Which agency offers the brazil+spain bet?

Sportingbet
over own 3.5 goals = 2.25
under own 3.5 goals = 1.57
Doesnt include extra time

Sports Bet
Over 3.5 own Goals = 1.67
Under 3.5 Own Goals = 2.10
Includes extra time

Could Almost have a 100% guaranteed profit

http://www.stanjames.com/onlinepromo/free-bet/default.aspx?btag=a_1063b_582c_

If you place a qualifying bet and Spain goes on to win the World Cup, StanJames.com will refund your stake up to a maximum value of £250 as a freebet.
A qualifying bet is a single bet (minimum of £5) on any team (other than Spain) to win the FIFA World Cup 2010. The bet must be placed during the promotion period at StanJames.com.

PRETTY GOOD ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The England betfair promotion mentioned before:

Lay the Poms to make the World Cup final four, which means you'll be betting on them not to be one of the final four teams. Then if they do, we'll refund your liability up to $100. With a risk free bet, you really can't lose. Now that's betting as it should be.
To redeem this special offer, click the button below and simply enter your details on our registration page. And lay England in the final four market. Don't forget to enter your Promotional Code in the box shown.
Promo Code: Lay 822

taken from here

Edit: This is in the T&C's "5. The Promotion is available to the named recipient on Betfair's direct mail or electronic direct mail only."

Ive stumped myself up with a six pack, filled the account and now ill pour through this thread looking for some help!. Im really confused at the moment. I liked spain but then iniesta went down, but that may only be a week. now im thinking england but they are chokers and are only $6.50 WTF!. Brazil i just dont like at all and i cant even tell you why?. I just keep coming back to spain, i think ill have to stick with them.

All i have so far is some group matches in a multi

sth korea > Greece
Argentina > Greece
England > Algeria
England > Slovenia
Germany > Australia
@ $10.64

I have a lot of work to do :(

What are your thoughts on Denmark, i have a few other multi's based around them at about $1.90 to get through the group, now im having second thoughts. Any cameroon fans here>>??!!

Also i was looking at the group points, thought there was some huge value there.

0 Points
Aussies $7.50
Greece $9
NZ $2.10
Japan $4.50

Yes, i dont give greece much hope if you hadnt noticed :)

Ill probably also back one of germany,holland or argentina but ill have a look at the draw again first.

My major tip for the cup occurs tomorrow.

Mexico to beat South Africa paying 2.55 - I know they are the hosts but they are garbage and everyone has been fooled by the win against Denmark who are playing at a embarasingly low standard even for friendlies. Mexico played 2 quality opponents in England who they absolutely smashed around the ground but not on the score sheet (3-1 loss but doubled the shots and possession stats) and competed very well vs Netherlands (2-1 loss but once again had more shots and possessions). They have some fantastic talent. Javier Hernandez signed by Man United at 9 mill is a gem. Speed, skill, smarts. Will be a star of the future Decent players wide in Carlos Vela and Giovani Dos Santos of EPL fame and also Guardado who is a very solid LW in La Liga. Steady defense led by Rafael Marquez (Barcelona) and joined by 2 veterans from PSV Eidenhoven and a Stuttgart player. A team of veterans down back with class and experience and youth and pace upfront. Whats not to like about Mexico? As for South Africa, stop Stephen Pienaar and they wont get a sniff of goal. Mexico got quite a handy DCM in Torrado. Plays in the Mexican league atm but spent ample time in La Liga with Sevilla IIRC and even trialled for Barcelona

Take Germany out. A unnecessary risk. Rest looks certain.
France are certain? I doubt they'll finish first. Like Uruguay at a minimum to take a point from their game. South Africa could do anything and Mexico arent bad like always. Difficult group and they are nothing but a risk. Could even say the hardest group to pick 2 to qualify.

Germany are much safer as they're better and in a weaker group.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back