2010 Under 19s Divison 2

Remove this Banner Ad

St marys are looking very strong this year, with a good pre season many of the boys are top aged players and are bigger and stronger than last year, have picked up a few new players and have some strong marking fowards. dont count them out this year.

winners rd1 :

diamo
st marys
lower
whittlsea
macleod
epping

Diamo v Thomo 24 points
St Marys v Eltham 42 points
Lower v Bundy 66 points
Mernda v Whittlesea 12 points
Reservoir v Macleod 60 points
Watsonia v Epping 30 points

Epping - 43 points
Bundy - 13 points
St Marys - 23 points
Whittlesea - 42 points
Macleod - 74 points
Diamo - 8 points

haha mate you are clearly new two divi 2 19s but St mary's were in the top half last year as a bottom age side. i saw them play watsi and they are bigger stronger and faster. i dont think they will win the flag but would be pushing the 4.

Fair call, but played them in a praccy match a few weeks ago, they were soft, not fit, and lacked good players. had 2 or 3 blokes that did pretty good, but the rest of the side were just scared, they will be middle of the road and lucky to make finals

Fair call, but played them in a praccy match a few weeks ago, they were soft, not fit, and lacked good players. had 2 or 3 blokes that did pretty good, but the rest of the side were just scared, they will be middle of the road and lucky to make finals

i was at that game against macleod and they had 19 players including probably 6 of there top 10 out due to cricket commitments. Macleod are a much stronger team who had about 20 on the pine but macleod should challenge for the divi one 4.

saw st marys play today dont know why i went all the way out to panton hill but yeah they looked good real good.

after round 1 i think we have a fair idea of were teams are. new ladder predictions:

Diamond Creek
St Mary's
Lower Plenty
Mernda
-----------------
Whittlesea
Epping
Bundoora
Eltham
Watsonia
Macleod
Thomastown
Hurstbridge
Reservior

after round 1 i think we have a fair idea of were teams are. new ladder predictions:

Diamond Creek
St Mary's
Lower Plenty
Mernda
-----------------
Whittlesea
Epping
Bundoora
Eltham
Watsonia
Macleod
Thomastown
Hurstbridge
Reservior

i think those 4 could go either way mate but the rest looks good. also don discount macleod i think they will be alright.

Diamond Creek
St Mary's
Lower Plenty
Mernda
-----------------
Whittlesea
Epping
Bundoora
Eltham
Watsonia
Macleod
Thomastown
Hurstbridge
Reservior

i reckon Diamond Creek will dominate the lower sides and beat the sides below them until finals come and there is more on the line. my ladder goes like this. Stmarys may be a little over rated dont take too much into there first round match they played nobody. Ben Buller can lead lower to the finals. with whittlesea and mernda just missing out. Watsonia, Reservoir, Thomastown and Eltham look like the teams to gain an all important percentage booster against.

Diamond Creek
Epping
StMarys
Lower Plenty
----------------
Whittlesea
Mernda
Bundoora
Macleod
Hurstbridge
Eltham
Thomastown
Watsonia
Reservoir

Diamo
Lower P
St Marys
Epping

Whittlesea
Mernda
Macloed
Bundy
Watsonia
Hurstbridge
THomastown
Eltham
Resivour

Top 4 teams are teams that are top age teams and will be to strong, 5th to last is a jumble you never no because of players, sides liek thomastown Watsonia etc might have 19s playing seniors but if not they might win some games, Resivour new to teh comp will struggle. But yeh could learning year for many

Watsonia- Will struggle again this year. Another side who doesnt have many good players. Ring if his 19s again should play seniors and apart from that they don't have much. With no juniors coming threw they will be right down the bottom.

yep spot on...rings playing seniors this year and the 19s side will have a completly new line up this year

i dont think thomastown is going to be as bad as what people think. they did have 5 kids playing seniors while diamond creek went full strength. Diamond creek look like a very good side but if they come up against a team with a good midfield then they could be in some trouble. Also should watch out for sal Mamone from Bundoora small and quick player wins alot of hard ball gets. St Marys also look good with their big target at full forward. Its only round 2 now really can judge teams wait 4 weeks and then do ur predictions

Yeah fair point Medder. We've only had round 1 and thats hardly enough to go by at the moment.

My question. Does anyone know if Hurstbridge are fielding a side this year? Have heard they were struggling with numbers in preseason training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dno what everyones hype about st.marys is. they beat a side who just managed to scrap a 2nd side together n now everyones throwing them up to finish top 4. there the same side as last yr and there no good. round one threw up a few suprises. how bad thomo is, mernda might be a bit better than we thought, whittlsea not as good, and resevior will be the new keon park. as far as my top 4 goes:

diamo
lower
whittlesea
mernda

Dno what everyones hype about st.marys is. they beat a side who just managed to scrap a 2nd side together n now everyones throwing them up to finish top 4. there the same side as last yr and there no good. round one threw up a few suprises. how bad thomo is, mernda might be a bit better than we thought, whittlsea not as good, and resevior will be the new keon park. as far as my top 4 goes:

diamo
lower
whittlesea
mernda

spot on

you guys are right diamo and lower will be good . thomastown dont back them to be bad. Shannon Ball if he plays and Chadwick played well in the seniors in div 1 last year so i think they could dominate if they play. Reser will be like keon park. The second sides will give some good games as players go up and down to get a settled side together

diamo
lower
whittlesea
mernda

St Marys are alot better than they were last year and last year they still managed to make the 6 I would be surprised if they didn't make the 4. I think people have it in for st marys when probably none of you have ever seen them play.

also the person who was talking about tomo v dimo game dimo did not have a full strength side in they also had 19s playing seniors.

St Marys are alot better than they were last year and last year they still managed to make the 6 I would be surprised if they didn't make the 4. I think people have it in for st marys when probably none of you have ever seen them play.

also the person who was talking about tomo v dimo game dimo did not have a full strength side in they also had 19s playing seniors.

Yeh Imagine if St Marys knew how to keep there players, they would be very strong.. Players going to Bundy, Greensy, Eltham etc..
Watsonia wont be that bad, they were over ran on the weekend but they will beat some of the worser sides they will be better than last year i rekon, when a few of ther injuries come back theyy should be alright definetely not top 4, but are in a rebuilding process. Sides like Bundy 2s and Mac 2s also Hursty and Thomo are in the same sort of boat so it will be a tight bottom half of the ladder

i'd love you to prove why there a lot better this year. they have exactly the same players. face it mate you wont make the 4 and if for some obserd reason you do you'll give a side a bye straight threw to the next week of finals. once you beat one of the big names not a absolutely disgusting 2's side then come on here n have something to brag about.

i'd love you to prove why there a lot better this year. they have exactly the same players. face it mate you wont make the 4 and if for some obserd reason you do you'll give a side a bye straight threw to the next week of finals. once you beat one of the big names not a absolutely disgusting 2's side then come on here n have something to brag about.

mate you have no idea clearly so why say that. st marys lost about 4 players to the seniors and gained 15 they have a squad of 35 to select from which is better than most divi one sides. they almost beat whittlesea last year who one the flag they just lacked the depth last year but now they have that and some.

Played in the 19s comp last year, now as a top age player, can confirm that there are only around 7 of us top ages players still in lower plentys 19's were a very young and new side, from what we played against on the weekend bundoora are going to struggle, we had no where near a full strength team in and we should of won by 120 points plus , diamond creek have all the names this season and will be favorites, but as we saw last year anything can happen , espically with the best 19''s not playing seniors to help the 19's team!

bad news to start the season down at mernda captain and last year leading goal kicker daniel glove shiel fractures his ankle against whittlesea and is set to miss an extended period of time. going to need alot of the younger guys to stand up now. however tommy deayton and jesse owens-draper may be making the move to the senior side judging on there performances and training last night.

mate you have no idea clearly so why say that. st marys lost about 4 players to the seniors and gained 15 they have a squad of 35 to select from which is better than most divi one sides. they almost beat whittlesea last year who one the flag they just lacked the depth last year but now they have that and some.
You must lack depth in your English muldog22. I believe it is won, not one.
Also I heard that St Marys only had around 30 players on their list, not 35, I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am. From what I have heard though, they certainly do have depth this year and should definitely be a top 4 side.

bad news to start the season down at mernda captain and last year leading goal kicker daniel glove shiel fractures his ankle against whittlesea and is set to miss an extended period of time. going to need alot of the younger guys to stand up now. however tommy deayton and jesse owens-draper may be making the move to the senior side judging on there performances and training last night.
Tommy didnt do much last week, why would they think of putting him in the ones???

st.marys will be crap played macleod pre season macleods better players playing maybe 2qtrs n the rest was half there 2nd team and lost by 20 goals
might have had a win but no way they will be playing finals footy this year

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Under 19s Divison 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back