2010 Under 19s Divison 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahaha.

Did you ever stop to think, some of us don't care whether or not we're 'any good'? If I wanted to be serious, train a few times a week, and get fit enough to play U19 1's, or eventually seniors, I would (and I've been fit enough in the past to easily do so.)

But, like a few other people I'd imagine, I don't have the time, and am happy to just go out and play a game of footy on the weekend, simply because I love playing. We lost by 109 points in round 1, but, while I was disappointed with the result, I was just happy to go out and have a run.

I'll admit, it's sort of weird seeing people talking up their respective clubs chances at winning this or that, given it's u19's divvy 2... but to each his own.

I'm playing for Eltham this year. A lot of our players were late sign ups, or came across from other clubs, so most of our 2's players haven't played footy together before. As a result, I think we will improve as the year goes on, and I don't think 109, and 91 point losses, were completely indicative of how strong we are as a side (though in no way am I suggesting we should have won either game).

St Mary's were pretty good, though Panton Hill is a ridiculously small ground.. were it played on a proper sized oval we would've fared a little better. I used to play with Denier when he was... let's just say, very chubby, but he's slimmed down a lot, did well in the ruck and even booted a goal from pretty far out.

Bundoora on the weekend weren't bad. We really got carved up by the blonde guy who apparently got dropped from the Knights or something. Were he not played, the result would've been a lot closer. Oh, and I playing sh**house, because I'm still extremely unfit and wasn't feeling 100%... so maybe had I not played we would've won.;)

Got Whittlesea this week, anyone know if they're any good?

Mate i play for St.Marys and we came up against you round one. You guys were really competitive physically, i think our fitness and skills are what got you more than anything. you were really hard at it and the scoreline didnt show that. However, i disagree with what you said about it being closer on a larger ground, as i think some of your bigger boys would have been out of legs very quickly and our pace and run would have made it worse. Just my opinion tho. You guys were a lot harder at it than macleod were on the weekend. . .and i think whittlesea will be pretty strong. Hell they won granny last year so they cant be too bad ;)

Mate i play for St.Marys and we came up against you round one. You guys were really competitive physically, i think our fitness and skills are what got you more than anything. you were really hard at it and the scoreline didnt show that. However, i disagree with what you said about it being closer on a larger ground, as i think some of your bigger boys would have been out of legs very quickly and our pace and run would have made it worse. Just my opinion tho. You guys were a lot harder at it than macleod were on the weekend. . .and i think whittlesea will be pretty strong. Hell they won granny last year so they cant be too bad ;)

Fair enough. Yeah, I just thought a bigger ground would've made it a little harder for you guys to pile on the goals so quickly (it seemed at Panton Hill, from the centre bounce either team was a chip kick away from lining up on goal.;))

Fitness definitely killed us, and I don't think we're the most skilled. No doubt we'll be able to close some of the gap in fitness as the year goes on, and I guess we'll have to rely on playing more physically, than our skills, to win games.

F***, they won the granny last year? I've only played 1 season in the last 3 years so I have no idea which teams are good. But that sucks. Hopefully we at least put in a decent effort this Saturday. And good to know we might be able to beat Macleod... don't play them for a while though I think..

well having seen some of the st.marys games so far this year they are going to be strong, some good inclusions, but some of last years stars are not performing

well having seen some of the st.marys games so far this year they are going to be strong, some good inclusions, but some of last years stars are not performing

the loss of dwayne fowles is really hurting us badly. And sneaky daniel presinsky down forward hasnt hit the scoreboard as much as we would hope.

Hmm, a lot of talk by a lot of st.marys kids on here. would wanna make sure you can back it up.

Diamond Creek V Watsonia- 150 points
Hurstbridge V Macleod -60 points
St.Marys V Resevior- 110 points
Lower Plenty V Thomastown- 130 points
Whittlesea v Eltham- 120 points
Mernda v Epping- 30 points

As you can see by my predictions there is a MASSIVE absolutely MASSIVE cap between the top n the bottom.

Id rank it like this;

Diamond creek
Whittlesea
Lower Plenty
Epping
Macleod

Hmm, a lot of talk by a lot of st.marys kids on here. would wanna make sure you can back it up.

Diamond Creek V Watsonia- 150 points
Hurstbridge V Macleod -60 points
St.Marys V Resevior- 110 points
Lower Plenty V Thomastown- 130 points
Whittlesea v Eltham- 120 points
Mernda v Epping- 30 points

As you can see by my predictions there is a MASSIVE absolutely MASSIVE cap between the top n the bottom.

Id rank it like this;

Diamond creek
Whittlesea
Lower Plenty
Epping
Macleod

Dont count on lower being definite top 3 this year. They wont be as strong as last year. But will still make finals. And macleod will finish on top of reservoir. Apart from that it looks about right

My tips for round 3

Diamond Creek v Watsonia - by 150 - a strong Diamond Creek to easily overrun an undermanned Watsonia.

Hurstbridge v Macleod - by 30 - Hurstbridge to back up last weeks win.

St Mary's v Reservoir - by 100 - St Mary's to beat an improving Reservoir.

Lower Plenty v Thomastown - by 48 - Thomastown showed a lot more consistent effort last week and I expect them to keep improving.

Whittlesea v Eltham - by 80 - Whittlesea to make light work of Eltham's second side.

Mernda v Epping - by 60 - Could be a good chance for Epping to assert themselves as final contenders.

Really who?, lets hear some names..... It is easy to say "Some of last years stars are not performing", but seriously having won the last 2 games by an average of around 25 goals, who is not performing??????.

If you are going to bag us, name us...

ST Marys had another strong win i ju8st love watching everyone bag them when they keep winning by big margins. ok if your going to say they are bottem sides dimo are kicking the same scores against lower placed sides so st marys must not be that bad. Diamond Creek had another big win and Thomastown got smashed but are struggling for players with 5 outs and 2 ins really missing their players but if they can get their side on the park they will win more then what they lose.

Clearance King, don't bag one of your own, he may not be with us this year, but he was with us, heart and soul last season.

Chupachup is dwayne fowles papa. therefore me making a joke so he can read it and see it works just fine. he is having a shot at our players and he doesnt even play with us anymore mate. come on paul..chupachup is dwayne fowles or daniel presinsky either way they will read it and maybe pull their heads in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chupachup is dwayne fowles papa. therefore me making a joke so he can read it and see it works just fine. he is having a shot at our players and he doesnt even play with us anymore mate. come on paul..chupachup is dwayne fowles or daniel presinsky either way they will read it and maybe pull their heads in.
Whos Paul??

I understand mate. thx

credit where credit is due st marys have had a great start to there 2nd year of senior footy but in perspective looking at results coming there way by handing defeats to 2 clubs (eltham,mcloed) who have got 19's 1s sides and resavoir a team who was almost going to fold from earlier sources in other threads i think alot will be said and finished when they play the diamond creeks and the lower plentys of the league... but 3-0 for the burra and they deserve every bit of it all the best to them and the remainder of the year

credit where credit is due st marys have had a great start to there 2nd year of senior footy but in perspective looking at results coming there way by handing defeats to 2 clubs (eltham,mcloed) who have got 19's 1s sides and resavoir a team who was almost going to fold from earlier sources in other threads i think alot will be said and finished when they play the diamond creeks and the lower plentys of the league... but 3-0 for the burra and they deserve every bit of it all the best to them and the remainder of the year

Cheers mate,
We know exactly where we sit having not played anyone of a particularly "high" standard as of yet. Our first test comes in round 5 against the reigning premiers in whittlesea, then lower plenty round 7 and diamond creek round 8. Will be a tough few weeks but will be good to see exactly how we match up against those teams. Hopefully we can get 1 or 2 wins out of those three games. Not sure who we have round 6...

i went along to st.marys ans resivor on the weekend in the 19 2's and st marys look pretty good compared to what every1 has been saying. couple of standouts number 10 and number 11 who controlled the midfield with pace and strength n execution of disposal any1 know his name?

i went along to st.marys ans resivor on the weekend in the 19 2's and st marys look pretty good compared to what every1 has been saying. couple of standouts number 10 and number 11 who controlled the midfield with pace and strength n execution of disposal any1 know his name?

I'm not sure of his name, but I know he goes by the self given nickname of "God" down there

Played on number 11 in the last quarter. Wouldn't call him strong, but he has pace and can play the game. Think his name was Leroy, but I could be wrong. Also, I thought No.20 was very good for St Mary's and No.1 is talented.

Although I haven't seen Diamond Creek and Whittlesea and Lower yet, I do think that it will be a reality check for St Mary's. I don't think they were as good as Reservoir was bad on the weekend, we were truly abysmal and probably couldn't play much worse than that, and will probably only win a few games this season. Mind you, they are still a very well drilled and fit football side that will only get better and better as the season goes on.

I'm not sure of his name, but I know he goes by the self given nickname of "God" down there
TCB, I know number 11 personally, not sure if he wants me to give his name out on bigfooty, but he is a very modest man and does underrate himself. I hear his teammates actually gave him the nickname of God.

number 10 was their captain last year Indy. absolute gun, might look skinny but is as strong as any other player on the field and lightning quick.

Stamps, we also know him personally. His teammates certainly did not give him that nickname at all. Wont mention his name on bigfooty but to clarify for east effect- "Leeroy" wears number 15 and is an absolute gun and co-captain.

Stamps, we also know him personally. His teammates certainly did not give him that nickname at all. Wont mention his name on bigfooty but to clarify for east effect- "Leeroy" wears number 15 and is an absolute gun and co-captain.
CK, just wondering, who would have given him that nickname? I have witnessed games this season and "Leeroy" is a gun. He does unbelievable things. So does the other co-captain. I'm not sure if he wants his name mentioned on here. But is a freak above his head and below his knees.

number 10 was their captain last year Indy. absolute gun, might look skinny but is as strong as any other player on the field and lightning quick.
Muldog, I think what you said on "Indy" is correct. I don't think he is skinny, but is a gun player. Plays well in any position. You gave us your thought on him, now what do you think of number 11, knowing these guys personally helps, but I would like an outsiders view, is that too much to ask?

Muldog, I think what you said on "Indy" is correct. I don't think he is skinny, but is a gun player. Plays well in any position. You gave us your thought on him, now what do you think of number 11, knowing these guys personally helps, but I would like an outsiders view, is that too much to ask?

thanks for the qstion stamps. honestly havnt seen alot of him. never really a standout, a bit over wieght a little slow, looks like a limited pre season and honestly i have no idea how he even got a mention on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Under 19s Divison 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back