Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading coxy?

are you joking :eek:

don't think we've got much of a chance to end up with o'meara

No.
Just no, we aren't playing Premiership Coach here. Cox is a favourite son and legend of the club, the greatest ruckman in this decade.

port adelaide wont give up their pick 6, which leaves us to bargain with them for little more than their pick 28 (?) and this Newton kid from South Freo who has been suffering with injuries.

i think west coast have jumped at brisbane because although he probably isnt needed, we may be able to land mitch clark and make the best out of this deal and because it involves tippett it puts pressure on the other clubs ie port to get the deal done.

if we are dealing with port 1 on 1 and ebert has already quit,
we'll just get bent over.

woosha and west coast will be filthy that ebert has left and while we will not be compensated, we will make this deal work in our favour somehow

Are we playing funny buggers?

Clark could be a handy player but do we really need him?

Our ruck division is pretty stacked and Clark isn't exactly a proven key forward.

If we're seriously interested in him, maybe we like him as a key defender? Or maybe we're open to the possibility of packaging Lycett with Ebert in a trade back to SA? That create an opening in our post-Cox ruck stocks.

Those are both far out but I can't otherwise explain why we would be seriously into Clark. There's a list of the kinds of players we need, and a pinch-hitting forward/back-up ruckman is nowhere near the top.

Am I missing something?

Anyone heard more on Lynch?

Out of contract and havent heard anything about him being offered a new one. Could he be on the move :confused:

If we are inquiring about Clark, perhaps Lycetts name might be thrown around in terms of dealing with the Adelaide clubs..

Or perhaps wer driving the price up for our poor cousins down the road.

edit: mannnn the more I think about it the more I just dont get it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are inquiring about Clark, perhaps Lycetts name might be thrown around in terms of dealing with the Adelaide clubs..

Or perhaps wer driving the price up for our poor cousins down the road.
That's what I'm thinking.

Although Brisbane want Tippett from the Crows and Ebert wants to go to Port Adelaide, so that's a spanner in the works.

Are we right to be interested in Clark?

That's what I'm thinking.

Although Brisbane want Tippett from the Crows and Ebert want to go to Port Adelaide, so that's a spanner in the works.

Are we right to be interested in Clark?

That's the question isnt it..

On one hand, if the opportunity to bring in a quality player arises, I would be disappointed if our football department didn't inquire about it.

On the other hand, this is the one draft where I would be hoping we'd have a definite shopping list and sticking to it.

That's the question isnt it..

On one hand, if the opportunity to bring in a quality player arises, I would be disappointed if our football department didn't inquire about it.

On the other hand, this is the one draft where I would be hoping we'd have a definite shopping list and sticking to it.
You mean trade week, right?

I'm just not quite sure where Clark fits into our best side? Does he become our new FF, displacing Lynch allowing Darling to play in a FP? That's not bad, but it's not like Clark has kicked heaps of goals at Brisbane.

Ebert is our big bargaining chip this post-season – unless there's some other bumper deal going on behind the scenes – and I would have hoped that our first priority would be to add legspeed and footskills to the midfield, followed by bringing in a genuine crumber and/or an extra tall defender for when Glass retires. Adding another big foward/back-up ruckman just doesn't fill a need that I can identify.

But hey, maybe Lycett is heading back to SA and Lynch is going to GWS. In that event, getting Clark would be a neat outcome.

yeh sorry I meant trade... getting a little late.

Out - Lycett + Ebert for?

In - Clark for?

aarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh off season.

Ther have been some of us (eagle supporters) stating quite confidently that we will snag O'meara in the main D&T thread as well...

silly times.

I would have hoped that our first priority would be to add legspeed and footskills to the midfield, followed by bringing in a genuine crumber and/or an extra tall defender for when Glass retires. Adding another big foward/back-up ruckman just doesn't fill a need that I can identify.

But hey, maybe Lycett is heading back to SA and Lynch is going to GWS. In that event, getting Clark would be a neat outcome.

agree totally - 1)explosive mid, 2) crumber, 3) kpd.

Lynch + ? for mini draft pick?...

Ther have been some of us (eagle supporters) stating quite confidently that we will snag O'meara in the main D&T thread as well...

silly times.
I don't know how we'll do that.

Sounds like GC will lock him up with pick 4.

That whole market for 17-year-olds is messed up. Who knows what kind of offers will be made? Who knows how GWS will rank them?

Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

West Coast's play for Mitch Clark could see Kurt Tippett end up at Brisbane Lions in three-club trade.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ippett-lions-way/story-e6frepf6-1226159579434
Interesting But doubtful.

Can see us having to give up a pick as well as ebert to secure a player we really dont need, Clark would be handy but not at that cost.

Freo will go above and beyond like they always do and You can use that to secure tippet.

As reported they Will send John Griffin to Port for Ports 2nd round Pick (Number 33), then send Zack Clarke & pick 16 to Brissy for Mitch Clark and PP #29 giving them:
M.Clarke pick 29, 33 and 38 all in the 2nd round.
While losing:
Griffin, Z.Clarke and pick 16.

Brisbane will on trade pick 16 (plus a Fringe player) to Adelaide for Kurt Tippet.
Giving them picks 10 and 16 in the 1st round.

West Coast should only recieve Ports Priority pick of 28 for Ebert.
Not enough to secure M.Clarke and they wont give up Pick 23 as that wont be enough by itself either.
The only thing that could throw a spanner in the works is if WCE say that Tom Swift is Tradeable and as Voss would jump at the chance to get him he may over look a early pick for a player with AFL experiance and still a huge amount of Potentual packaged with pick 28.
Thus giving Brissy Swift, 8, 28, 29, 30, 34 all in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

But as I said Doubtful.:thumbsu:

Anyone heard more on Lynch?

Out of contract and havent heard anything about him being offered a new one. Could he be on the move :confused:

This.

If GWS want him they can take him for free. No doubt that GWS if interested would offer more cash then us. We know he would be a handy pick up for them. This could be why we are showing some interest in Clark.

Silly times.

Agree with most on here, with us showing interest in Clark, it's highly likely we will lose one of our talls, the most obvious being Lycett back to SA with Ebert, and Lynch potentially to GWS. Another one could be Mitch Brown?

I think all other talls are locked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back