Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

Why do we want him? Unless we are getting rid of someone possibly wilson meaning lynch gets relegated to back up.

Its well known that

- Eagles were very into Jaeger O Meara having a offer on the table until Gold Coast came and blew us out of the water with a insane offer (pick 4 + player)
- Brad Ebert isnt the only player who wants out. Hes just the only player without a contract who has asked for a move
- Eagles will be a very very busy customer this trade period

The club hasnt come out and said it yet but I got a feeling one of Masten/Swift/Stevens has had there head turned by Vossy and along with the Ebert pick we are looking to bring in a experienced body as opposed to another draft pick into the fold. Something like

Ebert + pick 50 odd to Port for pick 28 + 44

Swift + pick 28 to Brisbane for Mitch Clark

Bobs ya uncle

hopefully its just a ploy to drive his price up so freo pay overs.Dont think he is the type we need,we have lycett come on fast.

Well there are quotes from their list manager Rob Kerr saying we're proactive in looking for suitable trades....So it's not like the journo pulled this out of thin air and tried to sell us it with 'it is believed' and 'it is understood etc'.

It does seem out of the blue I must admit, and surely the Q stick will be going if we get him:(???? Would pretty much be a much taller and younger version of the Q and JK, JD, NN, Cox and Clark would be a huge amount of KF/Rucks in the one team, let alone adding in the Q.

This is a deal I think I would like to see being done. Not necessarily because he's a perfect fit, but mainly to screw over Freo.

But seriously, would love Clark in the team but at what price? If it's Swift plus pick then where do we sign? If it disturbs team balance and takes up too much cap space, then there would be mild reservations.

Interesting But doubtful.

Can see us having to give up a pick as well as ebert to secure a player we really dont need, Clark would be handy but not at that cost.

Freo will go above and beyond like they always do and You can use that to secure tippet.

As reported they Will send John Griffin to Port for Ports 2nd round Pick (Number 33), then send Zack Clarke & pick 16 to Brissy for Mitch Clark and PP #29 giving them:
M.Clarke pick 29, 33 and 38 all in the 2nd round.
While losing:
Griffin, Z.Clarke and pick 16.

Brisbane will on trade pick 16 (plus a Fringe player) to Adelaide for Kurt Tippet.
Giving them picks 10 and 16 in the 1st round.

West Coast should only recieve Ports Priority pick of 28 for Ebert.
Not enough to secure M.Clarke and they wont give up Pick 23 as that wont be enough by itself either.
The only thing that could throw a spanner in the works is if WCE say that Tom Swift is Tradeable and as Voss would jump at the chance to get him he may over look a early pick for a player with AFL experiance and still a huge amount of Potentual packaged with pick 28.
Thus giving Brissy Swift, 8, 28, 29, 30, 34 all in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

But as I said Doubtful.:thumbsu:
Just heard from a reliable source that FREO have offered pick 16 & z Clarke.
West coast have countered offered pick 23 & nic Nat

Brissy have agreed on the eagles offer.

Its well known that

- Eagles were very into Jaeger O Meara having a offer on the table until Gold Coast came and blew us out of the water with a insane offer (pick 4 + player)
- Brad Ebert isnt the only player who wants out. Hes just the only player without a contract who has asked for a move
- Eagles will be a very very busy customer this trade period

The club hasnt come out and said it yet but I got a feeling one of Masten/Swift/Stevens has had there head turned by Vossy and along with the Ebert pick we are looking to bring in a experienced body as opposed to another draft pick into the fold. Something like

Ebert + pick 50 odd to Port for pick 28 + 44

Swift + pick 28 to Brisbane for Mitch Clark

Bobs ya uncle
Find it hard to believe that Swift and #28 would get the job done

If not that Swift + our first rounder (which is like 20) + our 2nd rounder (38)

For Clark + Brisbanes 2nd rounder (30)

I also get a feeling that with this move maybe Scott Burns has his wish in that Darling will be moved into more of a midfield role next season. Could easily play that HFF/rotating midfield role vacated by Ebert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard from a reliable source that FREO have offered pick 16 & z Clarke.
West coast have countered offered pick 23 & nic Nat

Brissy have agreed on the eagles offer.

Thank you sir, for giving me a good, hearty laugh. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Find it hard to believe that Swift and #28 would get the job done

2 words, Craazzzzy Vossy. :thumbsu:

No worries squire.

FREO hold the same regard for z.Clarke , just the same as you guys with NN.

Yes, I like the Wolfman and the post summed up perfectly some of the over exuberance seen on these boards this time of year. :)

GWS had interest in Barry Hall and there looking for a mature proven tall Forward - to go with the midfield they have from uncontracted players

Possibly Lynch or Wilson

Duck and drakes with Ebert and Clarke - remember clubs have to match any other offer from other clubs

remember Richmond helped us with judd offering pick 2 and somebody - deal has to be fair

THough Clark could replace Lynch, Cox is ageing and Lycett is not ready if we get rid of wilson we have no tall forwards other than Kennedy

GWS had interest in Barry Hall and there looking for a mature proven tall Forward - to go with the midfield they have from uncontracted players

Possibly Lynch or Wilson

Duck and drakes with Ebert and Clarke - remember clubs have to match any other offer from other clubs

remember Richmond helped us with judd offering pick 2 and somebody - deal has to be fair

THough Clark could replace Lynch, Cox is ageing and Lycett is not ready if we get rid of wilson we have no tall forwards other than Kennedy

Darling. Though still too young and inexperienced probably.

Is there any chance that Masten could be trade bait. I'm aware his form near the end of the season was alright, but how is he seen at West Coast?

I would say Swift would be the trade front runner. Plays a similar game to Black, obviously not as at as high a level, and a year or two playing alongside him would be a good apprenticeship. He prob won't get the run here he would at Brissy so would be good for all.

You can never have enough quality talls on your list.
I agree. Lynch can be upgraded. when both cox and lynch retire, we will have easily enough room for 2 more talls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back