List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrass & F3 for F1 (hawks) & F1 (Carlton)

Baker for 26 & F2

3 for late top 10 and a pick in the teens

Draft ~7-10, 14-20 & whatever late picks we have (Maybe trade a late pick for Dev)

Currency for Warner in 2025 secured. List floor significantly improved. Solved our list age profile issues.
Played some great footy as a defender. Psycho good mark in the wet. Never been as good forward or in the middle. worth a late 1st rounder. So, for your 26 & F2 I was thinking be fair trade.

I do wonder if Hawthorn were taking a punt that TB was prepared to kick up a fuss more than he has. The way they openly courted him - and as early as they did - could easily have left bad blood on both sides of the deal.

Maybe they were hoping that the combination of our coaching dramas, clear rebuilding status and a vocal TB would prompt us to sell unreasonably cheap?

Played some great footy as a defender. Psycho good mark in the wet. Never been as good forward or in the middle. worth a late 1st rounder. So, for your 26 & F2 I was thinking be fair trade.
If 14 went the Tigers way, do you think anything would be coming back to the Eagles? What’s are Tigers supporters thinking?

He doesnt. And he doesnt have to.

M Kennedy goes to Richmond to help pay for Baker.

Tigers get M Kennedy PLUS a 2nd or F2nd whichever they prefer.

Eagles lose 3 and a F2nd

Eagles gain 12, 14, Baker plus Moir.

Blues lose 12, 14, M Kennedy and Moir.

Blues gain : 3 and 51. (Live pick 41ish)
This is a bad deal.

We are missing out on a jet for a bunch of holdens.

I hope we haven't outsmarted ourselves here. Surely pick 14 (and a second rounder) for a 29 y/o defender was grab it and run stuff. Barrass is a great intercept marker and improves a side that is balanced around that, however he is constantly exposed man on man. Therefore not an elite defender.
+1 for team bed wetters here guys. We're growing.

I hope we haven't outsmarted ourselves here. Surely pick 14 (and a second rounder) for a 29 y/o defender was grab it and run stuff. Barrass is a great intercept marker and improves a side that is balanced around that, however he is constantly exposed man on man. Therefore not an elite defender.
I suppose in our eyes, he is contracted.

This seems to be being missed by alot. We don't have to agree to anything. If Hawks want him, then they have to satisfy us. Simple as that.

He could be a potato on legs, it doesn't matter, we need to be satisfied with the offer, otherwise he stays on next year

+1 for team bed wetters here guys. We're growing.
There's always some dh on this board with this sort of smarmy post as though our list management has been beyond reproach this past ten years. There could be some next level 4D chess behind all this or, the Hawks have just walked away after we tried to fool them into some sort of Tim Kelly largesse. We'll see but the comment stands that 14 and a 2nd rounder for Barrass was fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smile Awkward GIF by BFit

Barrass rocking up to 2025 preseason training at West Coast.

Hey gaiz

There's always some dh on this board with this sort of smarmy post as though our list management has been beyond reproach this past ten years. There could be some next level 4D chess behind all this or, the Hawks have just walked away after we tried to fool them into some sort of Tim Kelly largesse. We'll see but the comment stands that 14 and a 2nd rounder for Barrass was fair.
It's an ongoing joke mate.

Chill out.

I hope we haven't outsmarted ourselves here. Surely pick 14 (and a second rounder) for a 29 y/o defender was grab it and run stuff. Barrass is a great intercept marker and improves a side that is balanced around that, however he is constantly exposed man on man.
From all report last we were handing back our F3 as well so it was likely pick 14 plus a 5 pick upgrade

I hope we haven't outsmarted ourselves here. Surely pick 14 (and a second rounder) for a 29 y/o defender was grab it and run stuff. Barrass is a great intercept marker and improves a side that is balanced around that, however he is constantly exposed man on man.
Plus our third going back which, if you believe the hype on Hawthorn, equates to 14 and a five spot upgrade or so for Barrass.

14 earmarked for Baker, which is our problem not theirs, and it makes the deal Barrass for Baker and an upgrade of a few spots in the late 30s.

No dice.

The Hawks seem to have traded 14 without a deal in place with us for the picks they were receiving, which I find quite surprising.

I’m very happy to tell the Hawks it’s 2 x F1 for Barrass and our F3 and just run the clock down. If they don’t trade then happy to keep him. In the meantime field offers from Dogs, Pies, Blues and even the Swans.
Whilst the hawks may look a bit silly for promising barrass they'll bring him over I'd say they wouldn't be desperate for a deal now they've got battle.
I hope it gets done with something for us this year to go with next year but can't see them bending over at the last minute for us

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Catching up on the melts.

They had no clue who our coach was even when he came from their backyard.

They reported the Hawks deal a few different ways and have come back the next day to say actually that wasn’t even offered.

Every talk around discussions and valuations has come back later with an addendum that the Eagles wanted way more.

Just relax campaigners. Nobody would be satisfied with 3 for 12 and 14, especially not with one of them leaving for Baker. The HUN running it and projecting that we get local prospect Bo Allan is almost meme worthy at this point. If it happens, melt away.

But for now, breathe. Long way to go, a lot of dead air and commercials for tyres to cover off before anything beyond Cal Papertalk goes through.

This bit of his article got me excited though

"Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for Baker and teammate Shai Bolton and remains waiting for him if a trade can't be sealed at West Coast."
This is Freo being their usual flog selves, they know full well Baker is coming to us. They're just pushing up his value in Tigers eyes.

Hawthorn, a future first and second with something going back is taking the absolute p1ss. The price went up Kents, trade your F1s and find us pick 6.

I have a gut feeling Eagles will pull some shock stunt and do a 3 or 4 club way trade involving Brisbane to split pick 3 which involves us getting Dev. and a several picks. Hopefully Eagles don't drop the ball on this one 😂

If the presumably/hopefully biased narrative being spruiked by the media is genuinely the best offers we’re likely to receive, then I would love nothing more than for us to walk away from both deals.
Baker can don violet for pick #11 and our star vice-captain can stay and team up with Edwards as our starting KPDs, in turn freeing up Gov to play a free-roaming, intercept/rebounding role that can hopefully squeeze an extra season or two out of him as it wouldn’t be as physically demanding.
We take our picks to the draft and listen to the blissful whining of the Vic media. Why oh why didn’t they cave like they did with Kelly?!? 😭 Now Richmond only have 7 first-rounders and Hawthorn can’t win the premiership 😭😭

I have a gut feeling Eagles will pull some shock stunt and do a 3 or 4 club way trade involving Brisbane to split pick 3 which involves us getting Dev. and a several picks. Hopefully Eagles don't drop the ball on this one 😂
Dev for pick 3?

random260 finally lands his man 🥰

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back