Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

The games changed a bit since '06. He also led the WCE stats for inside 50's. And there's 6 forward roles (not one as you seem to be alluding to), two pockets, one FF, two HF Flankers and one HF, he played mostly as the HF (thus the high mark rate and inside 50 rate), with some short periods in the FF role.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think people need to stop trying to define players and positions, clubs hierarchy's have stopped doing that these days. Players are not set in one role these days.

You can't say Clark's an "upgrade" on Lynch, rather just an addition to the list as his own player in his own right who can be used to play similar roles to Lynch. There's no reason why we can't play both of them. Defenders coming out of the backline would love to have two release options, Lynch and Clark, especially if one of them is matched up on a small defender (due to match up issues due to height). With this set up you will still have Kennedy and Nic/Nat (and/or Le Cras) as the next targets in the forward 50 again matched up on in-adequate defenders, again because of height factor.

You forgot Darling in your equation. You can't have Clark, Lynch, Kennedy and Darling in 1 forward line, I don't believe. Sure, the other team will struggle to find enough tall defenders, but.....:D

Re: Stevens. groga, wasn't something said about going to some club for last hurrahs on facebook? There's nothing on the Eagles web site about him asking for a trade, but we'll see I guess.

Plus im pretty sure he has his own surfboard company here?

Yes, I noticed the, what is it, spacemonkey surfboard email address, or something???

Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

It's like on page 3.

It's a convo between shep and koby.

Where shep says "Going out to farewell koby" or something a long those lines
A lot of the boys are going overseas shortly, so hopefully 'it's kobes last hooooraaahh get amongst it' was more meant like 'come out for a beer, Koby is about to go overseas for a holiday but will be playing for the eagles next year so you can all chill out'...

At least that is what I am hoping anyway.

Guess we'll know by this time Monday week.

Im pretty sure we would have heard about this in the media as these days they quote Twitter and Facebook as sources...

Pretty much this. Media would have said something by now. They dont care about facts these days.

There is also no reason for the club to delay announcing it. If he has asked for a trade what difference would it make telling everyone a couple of days before trade week?

FWIW Mitch Brown is off to Europe soon. Is this the end of year trip that Stevens could very well be on?

You forgot Darling in your equation. You can't have Clark, Lynch, Kennedy and Darling in 1 forward line, I don't believe. Sure, the other team will struggle to find enough tall defenders, but.....:D

Yep throw Darling in there and Cox too, I don't think there's any reason we can't play all of them. If you look at the foot skills of collingwood and Geelong, if we can deliver to our forwards like them we'll have shot on goal after shot on goal. We'll win contested mark after contested mark too. When the opps trying to get the ball out of defense our defensive press will mean the mids push forward and can act as crumbers/link up whilst the talls make the marking contest and bring it to ground (or take the mark).

Imagine an opposition trying to get the ball out of their defensive 50, they'll look up and see Lynch, Clark, Cox, Nic Nat, Darling, Kennedy, possibly Schofield and McKenzie all guarding areas across the park matched up on smaller opponents, there'll be no outlet and would be a nightmare for 'em.

It is a tough year to really look at potential draftees this year given how it quickly thins out by the time we get to our first pick at 23.

If we manage to get three picks from the 23-45 range I suppose I like the look of Brad Hill, Shane Nelson and Murray Newman for those quick midfielder/half forward types with an outside game, all WA boys, which I think we may lean towards given the evenness of the draft after the first round and our selections.

If we want to go big then Fraser Mcinnes who could be developed at either end of the ground looks an option.

If we want to take a risk and he interviews well then Manson could be worth a shot.

Haven't really followed the talent this year as closely as previous years given our picks but so far I like the look of those guys to fill certain needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad hill has given his draft chances a real boost and would not be surprised if he goes early top 20 imo.

Sorry for the intrusion. Chanel 10 in Adelaide have reported that the Crows are trying to do a deal with West Coast for Scott Lycett.

No chance. He has agreed a contract extension which will go through once the new CBA kicks in. Classic 1+1 = 2 scenario. Ruckman is leaving, scroll through team lists for young Adelaide ruckman, find one and mention his name. The end.

Id be more inclined to believe it if you mentioned Dean Coxs name as opposed to Lycetts

Sorry for the intrusion. Chanel 10 in Adelaide have reported that the Crows are trying to do a deal with West Coast for Scott Lycett.

Would not want to part with Lycett unless it was a sensational deal.

The fact that he is contracted will at least prevent us from being F*%^#@ over by Adelaide unlike the serve we will be getting from Port in the Ebert trade.

LOL they probably saw on BF people throwing Lycetts name around so they are now saying that Adelaide are chasing him

Wont happen. Contracted and WCE will be asking A LOT for this kid. Will replace Cox in 2-3 years time

It's probably runnish anyway.

If Lycett wanted to go we would still be better of trading him in 2012 when he's out of contracted. The top 30 in next years draft will be like shooting fish in a barrel. In this years draft the difference between 11 and 23 is non existent.

personally i dont think koby would be a huge loss if we could somehow manage to make a deal to bring back a travis colyer or a kane lucas back to wa, both similarly valued you would think

personally i dont think koby would be a huge loss if we could somehow manage to make a deal to bring back a travis colyer or a kane lucas back to wa, both similarly valued you would think

Lucas - Yes
Colyer - No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back