Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

We wouldn't trade Lycett.

You really need 3+ genuine ruck options on a list.

Lynch does not count, as he can only pinch hit there.

In fact I think we would be more likely to trade Lynch than Lycett.

We only have 3 atm, as you said Lynch doesnt count. When Cox retires in 2-3 years time (if we dont draft anyone before then) we will only have 2. One of real quality and one completely unproven at this stage (in the ruck at least, somewhat proven as a forward).

Hence why I think going for Clark isnt such a silly idea as long as we dont pay the world for him. ie 23 and Swift at the most.

Fast forward 2-3 years (lynch retired as well) and we have Kennedy as CHF. Darling rotating between a roaming half forward flank position and a forward pocket position (possibly with a run in the midfield as well). Nicnat in the ruck (dont forget he has played with some success as a midfielder when Cox has been in the ruck). And either Clark or Lycett as FF and back up ruckman. I think Clark could play as a key defender as well if given that chance. It doesn't seem too tall for me but it might be for a couple of years if you add Lynch and Cox in there. Pity Clark isnt 2 years younger. Would be perfect.

Yep throw Darling in there and Cox too, I don't think there's any reason we can't play all of them. If you look at the foot skills of collingwood and Geelong, if we can deliver to our forwards like them we'll have shot on goal after shot on goal. We'll win contested mark after contested mark too. When the opps trying to get the ball out of defense our defensive press will mean the mids push forward and can act as crumbers/link up whilst the talls make the marking contest and bring it to ground (or take the mark).

Imagine an opposition trying to get the ball out of their defensive 50, they'll look up and see Lynch, Clark, Cox, Nic Nat, Darling, Kennedy, possibly Schofield and McKenzie all guarding areas across the park matched up on smaller opponents, there'll be no outlet and would be a nightmare for 'em.

Go tall everywhere, do it Woosha, Why has no other team done this.

If Stevens was leaving (especially to Carlton) we would know about it by now. The only late comers as far as trade bait will be in the form of contracted players where there desires to leave/get a opportunity elsewhere are kept in house in order for publicity sake.

Rumors Mark Harvey assistant coach

From a pretty relible source I have heard that Mark Harvey willl be our new assistant coach and that we are chasing Garlett from Carlton.

Discuss.

LOL it gave me a good laugh today reading what eaglesfan84 put up. Seems like he wants a team thats all 190cm+. How could we possibly lose :eek:

It's one of those things that is great in your head, imagining long kicks into the forward and all our talls down there plucking them out of the sky...

Trouble is it'd only take one quarter to realise the image you had in your head was stupid.

Re: Rumors Mark Harvey assistant coach

Don't want Harvey. From what I've seen he's completely hopeless.

Would love Garlett but he just re-signed this year, so you wouldn't think he wants out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance with Garlett. Just re-signed so Carlton will be asking A LOT for him.

This is the worst off season since 2006! :(

Out: Ebert, Stevens
In: Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back