Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

Ebert can go PSD ,... so we cant be too choosy .

Suma was saying last night that WCE would be concerned That he would go for nothing :cool:

Ebert can go PSD ,... so we cant be too choosy .

Suma was saying last night that WCE would be concerned That he would go for nothing :cool:

Well Suma doesn't work at WCE anymore.

Ebert can go for nothing, that's fine but he might end up at GWS or GC, plus I've heard reports he wouldn't go PSD anyway if a fair deal can't be struck. I don't think he's THAT displeased with Eagles as some people are making out, I think he would just prefer to return to Port but wouldn't do so at the detriment of the Eagles and his mates that he has made there (a well liked fellow at the club and vice versa).

Ebert + 43 for Pearce?

or

Q.Lynch + 43 to Carlton then
Pick 22 to WCE.

Ebert + 22 to Port Power
Port ontrade pick 22 + 28 to Crows and Pick 33 to WCE
Crows trade Tippet to Brisbane.
Brisbane send Clark to WCE

Carlton Gain: Lynch & 43 (Carlton want a ready made KPF and Lynch has shown to be more than useful with a great midfield.
Carlton Lose: Pick 22

Port Gain: Ebert
Port Lose: Pick 28 + 33

Crows Gain: Pick 22 & 28
Crows Lose:Tippett

Brisbane Gain: Tippett
Brisbane Lose: Clark

WCE Gain: Clark + 33
WCE Lose: Ebert + Lynch + 43

Interesting But doubtful.

Can see us having to give up a pick as well as ebert to secure a player we really dont need, Clark would be handy but not at that cost.

Freo will go above and beyond like they always do and You can use that to secure tippet.

As reported they Will send John Griffin to Port for Ports 2nd round Pick (Number 33), then send Zack Clarke & pick 16 to Brissy for Mitch Clark and PP #29 giving them:
M.Clarke pick 29, 33 and 38 all in the 2nd round.
While losing:
Griffin, Z.Clarke and pick 16.

Brisbane will on trade pick 16 (plus a Fringe player) to Adelaide for Kurt Tippet.
Giving them picks 10 and 16 in the 1st round.

West Coast should only recieve Ports Priority pick of 28 for Ebert.
Not enough to secure M.Clarke and they wont give up Pick 23 as that wont be enough by itself either.
The only thing that could throw a spanner in the works is if WCE say that Tom Swift is Tradeable and as Voss would jump at the chance to get him he may over look a early pick for a player with AFL experiance and still a huge amount of Potentual packaged with pick 28.
Thus giving Brissy Swift, 8, 28, 29, 30, 34 all in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

But as I said Doubtful.:thumbsu:

I can say categorically that this will not happen. Freo will not give up both Griffin and Zac Clarke, both their back-up ruckmen. Just won't happen. I don't think they'll give up Clarke as it is, but that's only my gut feeling. They've spent way too much time developing him into an exciting player.

I like the Eagles aggressive trading stance, it makes for good trading and gets the ball rolling, rather than waiting until the last two days to get a hasty deal done like in the past.

As for whether we need Clark, who cares? We will lose Ebert as it is, likely for less than he's worth, and I think we can all agree that it will be better to get an established player like Clark rather than a couple of picks in a weak draft.

I don't see him in our best 22 by some way.

Ditto.

I'd hate to turn this into another Swift-bashing thread, but he's clearly not a front-line player for us at the moment and he's well down on the depth chart. Maybe he could find some use elsewhere, and if he did then good on him. But he's not the answer to any WCE-related problems at the moment.

Besides, Vossy's his biggest fanboy there is (and after viewing some of the man-love here for him, that's saying something), so hopefully it could get the deal done.

Chin up buddy, nothing like a bit of cross-town gamesmanship to keep the off-season interesting!

chin-up-2569.0.html.jpg

Agree with the poster one the first page, we don't even need Clark unless someone like Lynch is leaving, the forward line is top heavy as it is without adding another beanpole

Again people only thinking about the "best 22" rather than a "best 44".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got similar issues...

I'd be surprised if Lynch left with his new clothing store and all the family here and a new wife (and baby?).

I don't want us to chase Clark.

I recall reading Lynch is in business with his in laws.:eek:

That may be the reason he might consider a move.

The only way we would be seriously interested in Clark is if Lynch and or Lycett were also being traded.

Ebert + Lycett + pick 45 to Port

Ports Pick 6 + 28 to Eagles.

Swift or Masten + 23 to Lions

Clark to Eagles

Pick 6 + Lynch to GWS

O'Meara to Eagles.

Eagles lose Ebert, Lycett, Lynch, Swift/Masten + picks 6 + 23 + 45

Eagles gain Clark, O'Meara + pick 28.

This doesn't seem quite even for us overall, 6 + Lynch for O,Meara is alot to pay..... or is it?

If we are inquiring about Clark, perhaps Lycetts name might be thrown around in terms of dealing with the Adelaide clubs..

Or perhaps wer driving the price up for our poor cousins down the road.

edit: mannnn the more I think about it the more I just dont get it..

The more I think about it it's likely we are just pumping up Clark's value so Freo don't get him too cheap.

Maybe the Eagles and Lions are having a quiet chat about a posible other trade, maybe Swift for a Banfield plus an exchange of picks and the Lions said "Hey, you wouldn't mind us saying you are super keen on Clark to get Freo to up its bid?"

We say, "Sure thing, if that will help us get a deal done on these two other guys!":D

This.

If GWS want him they can take him for free. No doubt that GWS if interested would offer more cash then us. We know he would be a handy pick up for them. This could be why we are showing some interest in Clark.

Silly times.

GWS would be silly to chase Lynch as our out of contract player because they are only allowed to take one from each club remember. If they pull the trigger on Lynch they can't chase Gaff next season or one of the other better youngesters when they fall out of contract.

Lynch as a trade for the U17 mini draft is totally different though and they wouldn't miss out on taking a crack at another Eagle next season.;):thumbsu:

Enough with the Lycett BS. When was the last time our club traded away a player after their first season? Let alone a guy who we're obviously grooming as a big part of our future?

its better than throwing up Cox's name like it was in the D&T thread last night..

While i'm sure we would appreciate Clark as a player he's on huge coin apparently that he's not really worth, would not be our no. 1 forward or our no. 1 ruck in the next 5 years so will pass and use the money on our young guns that will need extensions in time.

For those not in Vic or anyone who's heard the name Tom Sundberg thrown about but not seen him, there's a good 5min clip of him on Youtube.

I've mentioned his name a few times as someone to seriously look at. I think the two state standouts (for us) are Sundberg and Horsley. Both solid/strong bodied mids, both long and mostly accurate left footers, similar age, good tacklers, good at stoppages, quick despite appearances AND ready to go now.

Probably both taken anywhere from (roughly) pick 30 +.

IF and its a massive IF we were to get Clark then we do have options with Lycett and, dare I say it, Cox (who will be 31 during next season)...

I mean NN, Clark, Cox & Lycett is a pretty nice group but if we ended up with NN & Clark and replaced Cox & Lycett with, say, O'Meara and either Matera/Bennell (I realise that would require some skilled trading) surely we'd have to consider it?

I expect to be attacked re "loyalty" etc but just on raw player outcome, I'd be pretty happy starting next year with NN, Clark, Bennell and O'Meara* ...

I can't understand why people keep saying this.... glad you aren't on the WCE selection or coaching panel, hopefully they don't share the same view as you.

Please elaborate why Clark wouldn't be a good replacement if we lost Lynch.

I would personally offer Cox for Omeara :D

I understand we all want O'meara on our list.. but selling off a premiership winning, club champion, 5 time and reining All Australian ruckman?

Nics development has been great this year and will continue to improve - but his durability and stamina for the season would worry me if all he had as back up was Lycett and/or Lynch.

Extremely doubtful we will get Clark
Lynch would get lost back into the abyss of no set position.
Lycett would get schooled by the better ruckman in the competition.

We loose the one advantage our midfield has had over other midfields. Not to mention, a disgraceful way to handle a future H.O.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back