Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which midfield has the better chance of winning a flag?

Naitanui Coniglio Shuey SSelwood Gaff Darling

v.

Naitanui Shuey Masten SSelwood Gaff Stevens

Maybe we're chasing Clark to play Darling more as a mid - balance out losing Ebert Swift Masten Stevens in the one hit?

You may be right Marlin, I just don't think we'll get what they're worth if we trade them this year. Shallow draft, several years of development in high draft picks but not a lot of output yet.. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a sad face.

Fair enough. If I was told "we're putting masten and Stevens on the open market and we'll take what we can get," I'd be concerned, but if we're talking about trading Masten and Stevens, at a known price (i.e. Coniglio) then I would sign as quickly as possible.

I'd be against losing Ebert, Masten and Stevens all at once unless the deal is hugely in our favour. We need more depth in the middle.

We retain Swift, who I presume we think might have more upside than, or as much as, the others. So we've really lost Masten and Ebert, who played less there, from the rotations. Replaced with another draftee, if it eventuates, who would step straight in and maybe take a mature player capable of playing there. We could always move Smith further up the ground, which I think will eventuate, and slot Sheppard or Brennan into his spot. I think we're covered for depth, it's the cream we want. :thumbsu:

Which midfield has the better chance of winning a flag?

Naitanui Coniglio Shuey SSelwood Gaff Darling

v.

Naitanui Shuey Masten SSelwood Gaff Stevens

Maybe we're chasing Clark to play Darling more as a mid - balance out losing Ebert Swift Masten Stevens in the one hit?

Add Rosa to those midfields.

We retain Swift, who I presume we think might have more upside than, or as much as, the others. So we've really lost Masten and Ebert, who played less there, from the rotations. Replaced with another draftee, if it eventuates, who would step straight in and maybe take a mature player capable of playing there. We could always move Smith further up the ground, which I think will eventuate, and slot Sheppard or Brennan into his spot. I think we're covered for depth, it's the cream we want. :thumbsu:
This.
It would solve our inside midfielder surplus and our need for more damaging and dynamic midfielders. Swift gets more opportunities in the role he plays well rather than wandering aimlessly on a flank.
Could easily recruit someone like Horsley to alleviate the depletion in the short term or use pick 23 and the pick we'll receive for Ebert to get young inside players.
Just imagine how good and well rounded a centre square of Naitanui, Shuey, Coniglio and Scooter would be... *swoon*

with all the homesickness factor a while back and not wanting to extend his contract. would anyone be really disappointed with;

gaff and pick 23 = pick 1 of minni draft and pick 14.

i think it would really interest them and we get a home grown gun with no home sick factor to worry bout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may be right Marlin, I just don't think we'll get what they're worth if we trade them this year. Shallow draft, several years of development in high draft picks but not a lot of output yet.. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a sad face.

Mine spelt BOOBIES

Can you tell us anything about your source?
Not his identity, but why we should believe that this is legitimate.

Ok he deals with GWS. Works in Blacktown and lives actually near the HQ.

Deals with them in a small role mainly media/promotions fan stuff but has friends who are more involved.

Made the suggestion only that it has been proposed/put on the table.

with all the homesickness factor a while back and not wanting to extend his contract. would anyone be really disappointed with;

gaff and pick 23 = pick 1 of minni draft and pick 14.

i think it would really interest them and we get a home grown gun with no home sick factor to worry bout
Gaff is playing well now, O'Meara will not add anything to the list until 2013.

If we try to use Gaff as trade bait now and cannot work out a satisfactory deal, you would think he would be a sure thing to leave in a years time.

For those of you who haven't seen much of Coniglio (including me), here is a short highlights package.

[youtube]soyT_qZEGgk[/youtube]

Boy he looks good! :thumbsu:
Hope the rumours are true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back