Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would do the Clark <------> swift or stevens + 22

No trade with lycett sorry mate, he will be better then tippet.

Where do we sign?

It seems to be the "expected" price I think. Honestly I'd take it I think, and it seems that you WC supporters would be happy with it. I'd hold out for something more (ideally would be 16 + Swift) but I'd be happy with 22 + Swift, if we draft well (or on trade the pick) and Swift comes along could be a great win-win trade.

[/list]

Well, you do know your coach.
I'm not sure WC believe Swift is particularly expendable. Especially when you consider that we have depth in our talls department and there are reasonable expectations that Swift may develop into, at the very least, midfield depth. So even though Clark significantly > Swift we just don't have a pressing need for another tall.
Especially with Lycett developing in the twos. Clark has got the development over him but I'm not sure there will be much difference between them when Lycett is a similar age to what Clark is now. So any Swift + Lycett trade is a bad future decision.
Masten started to really show signs at the end of the year and the coaching staff won't let him go lightly. Particularly because he is a WA boy and has connections in the club.
Any of these trades are possibilities (many are extremely unlikely) but we'd be looking towards getting some cream in the midfield rather than stocking up on talls like Clark.

Lots of WC supporters seem okay with the idea of trading Swift (I'm aware that means nothing but yeah). The only reason why I'd think Lycett would be a remote possibility is if WC decided they can win a flag in the next year or two with Clark. I mean, you'd take a flag over Lycett any day. Obviously you can't guarantee anything like that so WC would most likely want to hang onto him, but you can see my line of thought (I would assume).

Would a Clark for Lycett straight swap tempt you? (Not saying Brisbane would necessarily want that but it's all just talk).

Would a Clark for Lycett straight swap tempt you? (Not saying Brisbane would necessarily want that but it's all just talk).

It wouldnt tempt me im afraid. Im not too keen on getting Clark in the first place, and would be pretty livid if we gave up Lycett for him. But that is just my opinion, im sure there are many others

It wouldnt tempt me im afraid. Im not too keen on getting Clark in the first place, and would be pretty livid if we gave up Lycett for him. But that is just my opinion, im sure there are many others

I have a feeling supporters might rate him higher than the club...maybe not but I think youth is fashionable on BigFooty. Clark is only 23 (24 soon) so it's not like he's old. I have a feeling WC would likely consider (and take) it as they probably think they're a shot at a flag. Still, who knows.

I have a feeling supporters might rate him higher than the club
Feelings are awesome.

can_i_borrow_a_feeling.jpg

I read it as clubs were approaching us and asking about Swift and Stevens. It doesn't meant either want to leave, it's just that other clubs see them as value options.

That's how I read it as well. Other clubs have approached but we have told them they are not being traded

I read it as clubs were approaching us and asking about Swift and Stevens. It doesn't meant either want to leave, it's just that other clubs see them as value options.

No doubt more valuable than other supporters on BF.
Yet, if other clubs are approaching us about Stevens I don't know why we'd even consider offers unless they are great offers (i.e. top 10 pick this year etc). Surely, Stevens value will be much more this time next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M Brown + Masten = Coniglio

Pick 23 + Swift / Stevens gets Clark

Clark / Darling to play / cover CHB maybe.

Spine next year of:

Kennedy
Lynch / Darling
NN
EMac / Clark
Glass

Spine in 3 years

Lycett
Kennedy / Darling
NN
Clark
EMac