2011 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

will only ever be a flanker........he is tiny. I am probably not as sold on him as others but he has a lot of his old man about him. Loves a contest, wont take a backward step, has a bit more pace than Jim did but desperately needs to get some size about him. the old man was a stocky sort of bloke so every chance he will fill out. Every chance he will be a midfielder of note and will have the engine to do it.

He is not disimilar to Ben Sinclair or a Sharrod Wellingham from Collingwood.
Thanks Snoop.

Good disposal?

Thanks Snoop.

Good disposal?

i wouldnt call it elite. must remember he has another year to work on it before drafting and there is more and more evidence to suggest kicking technique is an area that can be refined with significant benefit. I think the Champs will give us a really good feel for where he is at.

will only ever be a flanker........he is tiny. I am probably not as sold on him as others but he has a lot of his old man about him. Loves a contest, wont take a backward step, has a bit more pace than Jim did but desperately needs to get some size about him. the old man was a stocky sort of bloke so every chance he will fill out. Every chance he will be a midfielder of note and will have the engine to do it.
Bolded seem contradictory.

Bolded seem contradictory.

yeah fair point but i see flankers and mids as all part of the rotation these days hence the reference to Wellingham as a similar type. if you want an exact spot then will guess more wing but he is one that has a fair bit of development left in him so to early to say I think.

He is not disimilar to Ben Sinclair or a Sharrod Wellingham from Collingwood.

Not sure i agree that he has 'the engine to do it' as all TAC & AIS test results dont support this statement.

What i would say is he is quick, very quick!

i think he had the fastest 20m time at this years TAC cup testing day!

anyone heard anything on Joe Daniher lately?
Does any one know if any of the other boys from the Hird academy look like pushing for a selection in the drafts in the next few years?

Not sure i agree that he has 'the engine to do it' as all TAC & AIS test results dont support this statement.

test results I have seen seem ok but lets wait and see I guess. Has some time to improve them all.

anyone heard anything on Joe Daniher lately?
Does any one know if any of the other boys from the Hird academy look like pushing for a selection in the drafts in the next few years?

Joe had a clean up on his knee, will be back playing later this year!

There's a Williams going round as an underager for Eastern who might be considered in 2012. Tweeddale could well get rookied this year. A couple of the other Academy blokes come with good wraps. Time and the TAC Cup will tell.

Are TAC testing privy to regions or common knowledge? Know there were a few surprises with testing among a couple of teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top five results for the Knights' beep test and legspeed were publicised on the Knights website.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=14196918&sectionID=55090

Buckley ran 20 metres in 2.84 seconds.

Endurance won't be a problem if Yarran can play as a sweeper after three pre-seasons.
will only ever be a flanker........he is tiny. I am probably not as sold on him as others but he has a lot of his old man about him. Loves a contest, wont take a backward step, has a bit more pace than Jim did but desperately needs to get some size about him. the old man was a stocky sort of bloke so every chance he will fill out. Every chance he will be a midfielder of note and will have the engine to do it. He is not disimilar to Ben Sinclair or a Sharrod Wellingham from Collingwood.
Like you said, Dylan is a Buckley, so he could follow the steps of another son of a gun in Murphy who isn't a giant. The likes of Betts, Blair, Edwards, Garlett and Jetta haven't had a problem playing AFL as short people or skinny outside players. Has a good frame that will fill out. If he's a good kick, I hope we use him down back like Gilbee or Harbrow to bring some skill and run to our backline. Could eventually replace a retired Scotland who did some coaching with the Bullants last week.

Like you said, Dylan is a Buckley, so he could follow the steps of another son of a gun in Murphy who isn't a giant. The likes of Betts, Blair, Edwards, Garlett and Jetta haven't had a problem playing AFL as short people or skinny outside players. Has a good frame that will fill out. If he's a good kick, I hope we use him down back like Gilbee or Harbrow to bring some skill and run to our backline. Could eventually replace a retired Scotland who did some coaching with the Bullants last week.

The risk i think with Buckley is his decision making. In nearly game I have seen him I just think at times he tries a bit to much and as a result can 'murder' the footy. Whilst I dont think its going to stop him getting drafted its an area he has to work on. If I think of guys like Didak and Thomas from our Club they both had those issues early on. To both their credit they have fixed them so I think its something he can change.

go to school with him, although not in the same year.

he's a key forward with good fitness, speed, jump. he is very athletic. He is pretty agile for a key forward. Fair mark asnwell.

Thanks for that , I see Tomlinson is around 192 & around 86 Kgs , which although tall does not exclude him from playing positions other than key. Does he a play a more lead up role or more a pack mark type? Does he ever play on ball? If so what's his beep like?

I'm not going to write down the full descriptions because there is 4 pages worth of key stats and history etc and I really can't be assed, But here's a list of names and specs.

Last year Champion Data correctly named 13 players that appeared in the top 25, another two who were zone selected by the Suns and the rest where drafted before picked before pick 32, only exceptions being Wilson (Pre-Season Draft) and Jamie Solly (overlooked after missing the majority of the season through injury)

Campion Data Top 25 :

Talor Adams Utility 178cm 80kg Geelong

Myles Bolger Ruck 201cm 90kg Sth Fremantle

Dylan Buckley Mid 179cm 68kg Northen

Matthew Buntine Medium Def 188cm 81kg Dandenong

Michael Bussey KPF 195cm 79kg Eastern

Stephen Coniglio Mid 183cm 70kg Swan Districts

Hayden Crozier Medium forward 182cm 62kg Eastern

Max Duffy Medium Froward 182cm 62kg East Fremantle

Cameron Eardley Midfielder 180cm 74kg East Fremantle

Todd Elton Ruck 195cm 87kg Dandenong

Will Hoskin-Elliott Midfielder 186cm 73kg Western

Matthew Jacquier Medium Forward 187cm 78kg WWT

Elliott Kavanagh Midfielder 185cm 72kg Western

Shane Kersten KPF 190cm 88kg Sth Fremantle

Billy Longer Ruck 200cm 96kg Northern

Brad Mckenzie Medium Forward 188cm 72kg Sturt

Tom Mitchell Midfielder 180cm 73kg Claremont

Nick Murphy KPF 193cm 81kg Oakleigh

Jack Newnes Midfielder 182cm 70kg Northern

Jonathon Patton FPF 195cm 91kg Eastern

Devon Smith Rover 173cm 69kg Geelong

Adam Tomlinson KPF 191cm 80kg Oakleigh

Joshua Waldhunter Utility 183cm 83kg Central District

Jason Williams Utility 188cm 74kg Calder

Chad Wingard Midfielder 181cm 70kg Sturt

Note: I have written the Heights and Weights as they are listed, even though some appear incorrect. Elton for example.....

Someone should scan all this stuff in here and upload a PDF or something.

Cheers

I'm not going to write down the full descriptions because there is 4 pages worth of key stats and history etc and I really can't be assed, But here's a list of names and specs.

Last year Champion Data correctly named 13 players that appeared in the top 25, another two who were zone selected by the Suns and the rest where drafted before picked before pick 32, only exceptions being Wilson (Pre-Season Draft) and Jamie Solly (overlooked after missing the majority of the season through injury)

Campion Data Top 25 :

Myles Bolger Ruck 201cm 90kg Sth Fremantle

Todd Elton Ruck 195cm 87kg Dandenong

Billy Longer Ruck 200cm 96kg Northern

Note: I have written the Heights and Weights as they are listed, even though some appear incorrect. Elton for example.....

Someone should scan all this stuff in here and upload a PDF or something.

Cheers

Myles Bolger is very very good ruckman, keep hearing about Longer & Elton, would put Myles a class above.

Going to be a good year for ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back