2011 Draw - Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

i like the draw for the club and 18 free to air games is a real bonus
without taking time off work for monday, thursday or friday night games i will be able to attend 2 of the first 11 rounds which is truly disappointing.

Collingwood unfurl their premiership flag against the Blues in round 3- really sticking the boot in there. Why can't they unfurl it in round 1?

Jeepers they are professionally run. Carlton are looking 2nd rate against them these days not just on the field but off....I wonder what colours the AFL will force Carlton to wear that day?
Will Carlton play in their away outfit- beige, white and baby blue?

I know Collingwood will play in black and white stripes no matter what....a club with tradition and pride in their guernsey vs Judd and a series of hangers on.
Do I sound bitter? me, not much.

Collingwood unfurl their premiership flag against the Blues in round 3- really sticking the boot in there. Why can't they unfurl it in round 1?

Waiting til our first game at our proper home ground.

It would be unfair to unfurl the flag in a stadium not big enough to fit all of our members.

Jeepers they are professionally run. Carlton are looking 2nd rate against them these days not just on the field but off....I wonder what colours the AFL will force Carlton to wear that day?
Will Carlton play in their away outfit- beige, white and baby blue?

I know Collingwood will play in black and white stripes no matter what....a club with tradition and pride in their guernsey vs Judd and a series of hangers on.
Do I sound bitter? me, not much.

WTF?!?

Anyways, does anyone know when our current stadium deal expries?

I f*cken hate watching football matches indoors

Of course we won't know until it happens, but a week off just before finals seems like a big win to me. The 'journos' from HUN reckon it isn't a good thing. We get to come back and play the Saints, who could definitely be a first week opponent for us. Will be the perfect lead up, I think.

I predict next year's relevant improvers to be Collingwood (Scary), Melbourne (Still won't finish above us), Freo (our main competitor, after the pies, for the next few years) and maybe the Hawks.

I think Geelong (obvious), Saints, Sydney and Bulldogs will all be worse teams, I think.These teams are all old, and can't hang on forever. At least one will be the suprise failure of the year.

I reckon with this draw, we should definitely be pushing for top 4.

Re: the draw...glad we play Norf and Hawthorn only once. We always seem to lose to them, so minimises the damage there, but not so glad (based on recent form) that we play St Kilda and Sydney twice.

I wish we played another team instead of stk and sydney we could actually have a chance of beating twice.....or at least a good recent record - eg Port Adelaide.

But all in all a reasonable draw I guess. Not as kind as Collingwood's draw, but that goes without saying.

Could someone please fill me in?
Does every team have 2 bye's? If not do teams who have 1 bye have an advantage of potentially taking 4 more points?
Sorry if this was a stupid question.

Of course we won't know until it happens, but a week off just before finals seems like a big win to me. The 'journos' from HUN reckon it isn't a good thing. We get to come back and play the Saints, who could definitely be a first week opponent for us. Will be the perfect lead up, I think.

I predict next year's relevant improvers to be Collingwood (Scary), Melbourne (Still won't finish above us), Freo (our main competitor, after the pies, for the next few years) and maybe the Hawks.

I think Geelong (obvious), Saints, Sydney and Bulldogs will all be worse teams, I think.These teams are all old, and can't hang on forever. At least one will be the suprise failure of the year.

I reckon with this draw, we should definitely be pushing for top 4.
Saints, Cats, Dogs and Swans will all be at the very least equal to us... lets not get ahead of ourselves...

Carlton vs. Richmond - W
Gold Coast Suns vs. Carlton - W
Collingwood vs. Carlton - L
Carlton vs. Essendon - W
Carlton vs. Adelaide Crows - W
Sydney Swans vs. Carlton - L
St. Kilda vs. Carlton - W
Carlton vs. Geelong Cats - L
Melbourne vs. Carlton - W
Port Adelaide vs. Carlton - W
Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions - W
Carlton vs. Sydney Swans - L
Carlton vs. West Coast Eagles - W
Richmond vs. Carlton - W
Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton - L
Carlton vs. Collingwood - L
Essendon vs. Carlton - W
North Melbourne vs. Carlton - W
Carlton vs. Melbourne - W
Fremantle vs. Carlton - L
Carlton vs. Hawthorn - W
Carlton vs. St. Kilda - L

14 WINS is a pass mark for me

WTF?!?

Anyways, does anyone know when our current stadium deal expries?

I f*cken hate watching football matches indoors

This is my pet annoyance- the clash guernsey.

I am not a big fan of any away guernsey at all. Just labouring the point that seeing Collingwood unfurl their flag is enough emotional turmoil for a day, and then I imagined how it could be even worse...and that could occur if the AFL insisted Carlton play in a clash guernsey such as that white thing they wore this year.

It may seem unfeasible...but it could happen -if they think there is a clash in melbourne vs essendon matches ...anything is possible.

I wonder how many matches Carlton has to wear that white thing this year?

So we'll beat St Kilda at ES, but lose to them at MCG...

And we'll lose to Swans twice.. but beat Hawks and Kangas

From early indications, it looks like a pretty good draw. Rounds 6-8 will be tough with Sydney at home, then following it up with St.Kilda and Geelong. Great that we only travel 4 times, and again, we are involved in a number of showcase games.

Round 2 against the Suns will be great for our brand - really hoping I can get up North to see the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints, Cats, Dogs and Swans will all be at the very least equal to us... lets not get ahead of ourselves...

I disagree mate, I think we'll be one of the biggest improvers. We had some of our best players seriously hampered by injury (Murph, MK, Hoops, Bower, Waite, Mclean).

With the natural progression of our young guys, a bit of health, and if Laidler works out, we will be a lot better team. We'll be close to all of those teams except the pies.

Saint's depth is a massive worry, and they are far from unbeatable.

Geelong, same. Age has caught up with them. Have developed nearly zero young kids. Coach and best player gone. I fully expect them to be the biggest slider.

Dogs will rely on a 34 year old to kick 80 goals again. They had some terrible injuries agreed, but I just don't like their chances of doing anything when they have to play outdoors.

Swans are old as well. We were very close to them this year. I expect us to be a slight bit ahead of them next year.

The hawks worry me. They couldn't play that badly again could they? Loads of talent in their starting 22. Think depth is an issue for them too.

Essendon, North, WCE, Port and Richmond will all be terrible again.

GC will win games they shouldn't and lose games they should win. Willl have loads of talent, but won't be consistent.

Freo will only continue to improve, as will Melbourne.

My Ladder predictions (I know its bloody early hahaha)

1 COLL
2 Saints
3 Freo
4 Blues
5 WB
6 Hawks
7 GFC
8 Sydney
9 Melb
10 ADEL
11 EFC
12 Lions
13 GC
14 PA
15 NMFC
16 RFC
17 WCE

I think everyone has written off the Dogs a bit soon.

If Hall fires, then 2011 could be there best shot yet.

I just can't see where there goals are going to come from outside of Hall. I just have a feeling that they are going to become a bit too one-dimensional (like we were with Fev). This will not destroy them but it's not going to help them.

BUT on the other hand i can see where you are coming from, and i suppose the next 5 highest goal kickers on the Bullies team is still there in 2011 (with a couple to still improve).

Will be an interesting year for the bullies IMO.

Huge start to the season. Opening game again in round 1. GC's first ever H&A game in round 2. Collingwood unfurl the flag in round 3. Arch rivals Essendon in round 4.

Also, strange that we play Richmond in the NAB Cup then again in round 1. Hopefully we don't smash them by too much early so Richmond fans go into round 1 with ridiculously high expectations yet again. :D

If we can enter round 5 with a 3-1 win loss record... I won't be complaining...

They say the ladder hardly changes after round 7... if we can enter our first bye at 5-2, it would be a terrific stepping stone into top 4... 4-3 we'll be still in a good position...

Really dissapointing that of 11 Home games, only 4 of them are at the G.

There are 5 Home games at the G & 6 Home games at Etihad BIB :-

Carlton vs Richmond - MCG
Carlton vs Essendon - MCG
Carlton vs Collingwood - MCG
Carlton vs Melbourne - MCG
Carlton vs St Kilda - MCG

I am pretty happy with the draw & we finally get a Home game against the Punt Rd ferals in Rnd 1 :thumbsu:

Not looking forward to Rnd 3 when the Filth unveil their "tainted" flag :(

Round 1- Carlton vs Richmond @ MCG 7.10pm EDT (Thursday) Win
Round 2- Gold Coast vs Carlton @ GABBA 7.40pm EDT (Saturday) Win
Round 3- Collingwood vs Carlton @ MCG 7.40pm EST (Friday) Loss
Round 4- Carlton vs Essendon @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 5- Carlton vs Adelaide @ Etihad 7.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 6- Sydney vs Carlton @ SCG 7.40pm EST (Friday) 50/50
Round 7- St Kilda vs Carlton @ Etihad 7.20pm EST (Monday) Loss
Round 8- BYE
Round 9- Carlton vs Geelong @ Etihad 7.40pm EST (Friday) 50/50
Round 10- Melbourne vs Carlton @ MCG 7.40pm EST (Friday) Win
Round 11- Port Adelaide vs Carlton @ AAMI 4.40pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 12- Carlton vs Brisbane @ Etihad 1.10pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 13- Carlton vs Sydney @ Etihad 2.10pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 14- Carlton vs West Coast @ Etihad 2.10pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 15- Richmond vs Cartlon @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) Win
Round 16- Western Bulldogs vs Carlton @ Etihad 4.40pm EST (Sunday) Loss
Round 17- Carlton vs Collingwood @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) Loss
Round 18- Essendon vs Carlton @ MCG 7.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 19- North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Ethihad 7.40pm EST (Friday) Win
Round 20- Carlton vs Melbourne @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) Win
Round 21- Fremantle vs Carlton @ Patersons 3.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 22- Carlton vs Hawthorn @ Etihad 7.40pm EST (Friday) Loss
Round 23- BYE
Round 24- Carlton vs St Kilda @ TBC (Floating fixture) Loss

10 x Wins, 6 x Losses, 6 x 50/50's. Reasoning above.

13 wins is a Conceeded Pass.

16 wins should be the benchmark.

And we must (must) beat the Hawks in round 22.

For no particular reason other than we owe those pricks some pain.

Round 1- Carlton vs Richmond @ MCG 7.10pm EDT (Thursday) Win
Round 2- Gold Coast vs Carlton @ GABBA 7.40pm EDT (Saturday) Win
Round 3- Collingwood vs Carlton @ MCG 7.40pm EST (Friday) Loss
Round 4- Carlton vs Essendon @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 5- Carlton vs Adelaide @ Etihad 7.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 6- Sydney vs Carlton @ SCG 7.40pm EST (Friday) 50/50
Round 7- St Kilda vs Carlton @ Etihad 7.20pm EST (Monday) Loss
Round 8- BYE
Round 9- Carlton vs Geelong @ Etihad 7.40pm EST (Friday) 50/50
Round 10- Melbourne vs Carlton @ MCG 7.40pm EST (Friday) Win
Round 11- Port Adelaide vs Carlton @ AAMI 4.40pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 12- Carlton vs Brisbane @ Etihad 1.10pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 13- Carlton vs Sydney @ Etihad 2.10pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 14- Carlton vs West Coast @ Etihad 2.10pm EST (Sunday) Win
Round 15- Richmond vs Cartlon @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) Win
Round 16- Western Bulldogs vs Carlton @ Etihad 4.40pm EST (Sunday) Loss
Round 17- Carlton vs Collingwood @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) Loss
Round 18- Essendon vs Carlton @ MCG 7.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 19- North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Ethihad 7.40pm EST (Friday) Win
Round 20- Carlton vs Melbourne @ MCG 2.10pm EST (Saturday) Win
Round 21- Fremantle vs Carlton @ Patersons 3.10pm EST (Saturday) 50/50
Round 22- Carlton vs Hawthorn @ Etihad 7.40pm EST (Friday) Loss
Round 23- BYE
Round 24- Carlton vs St Kilda @ TBC (Floating fixture) Loss

10 x Wins, 6 x Losses, 6 x 50/50's. Reasoning above.

13 wins is a Conceeded Pass.

16 wins should be the benchmark.

And we must (must) beat the Hawks in round 22.

For no particular reason other than we owe those pricks some pain.

Pretty fair. We will no doubt win a game or two we shouldn't and lose one or two we should win, so it all balances out.

16 wins though, I would expect to have us 3rd-5th.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Draw - Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back