2011 Ladder Predictions - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very simple. I've read many times on bigfooty people saying that Melbourne are crap because we rely on older players like Bruce for leadership and experience and now I've read many times that we're now a worse team because he has gone.
Firstly, I have never said that Melbourne are crap because of players like Bruce. I always felt he would be a big loss, and if he was crap, then why did the club want to retain him? Secondly, if you have read that many times from other people (not me) then show one of those posts.
The fact that you or have not suggested the former is irrelevant.
Why is it irrelevant? I have always felt that he has been important to Melbourne and that he is a big loss as a number of Melbourne supporters on the radio have also said.
If you can't understand the irony of that then perhaps we should end the discussion here
What irony? I have not said that though, yet you're trying to inaccurately and unfairly label me as a hypocrite.

1. Collingwood
2. St. Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Carlton
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Geelong
7. Adelaide
8. Melbourne

9. Hawthorn
10. North Melbourne
11. Sydney
12. Richmond
13. Brisbane
14. Essendon
15. Port Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. Gold Coast

I've been surprised reading how optimistic Norf fans are of finishing relatively high next year. Not saying they can't do it but the fans on here are going to cop it if they don't.

Ziebell, Hansen and Cunnington etc are promising but personally I dont see them pushing the team up that many places yet. 4th-5th year is when id expect these types to really make their mark so 2013 I think is a more realistic target for Norf to go Top 4.

Are you forgetting a draw and a 1 point loss to be the best team in the comp. How did you go against Collingwood????

How did melbourne go against west coast ;)

Almost the entirety of these threads are a complete and utter joke. If you really want an example just compare this years threads on the matter to last years. Last year everyone was tossing up between west coast and sydney making the last positions in the eight and look what happened at the end of the season. 5th and 16th.

North and the Dees should take notice of this and i would suggest to north supporters that this will be your second year with your new coach. The honeymoon is now officially over and teams will have had a year to dissect the play style and make plans for it. It won't be so easy this year. I'd also like to point out north's % and how pitiful it was. With the inequities of the draw % is often a stronger judge of a teams overall abilities in relation to the rest of the competition than their final win/loss ratio.

Ok here we go...

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Western Bulldogs
5. St Kilda
6. Geelong
7. Adelaide
8. Port Adelaide

9. Sydney
10. Carlton
11. Richmond
12. Melbourne
13. North Melbourne
14. Essendon
15. Brisbane
16. West Coast
17. Gold Coast

because they are less intelligent than me
Well I don't see anywhere in your posts that would support that. Collingwood won the premiership, and are rightfully favourites for next year as well, as much as it appears that you would not like to see that happen.
Well the signs might not be there yet, but that could be because we are still a few months away from the season starting.
What signs? You say that you're intelligent yet you're predicting a hangover that is not based on anything? There is more chance that Collingwood will continue to be just as hungry next season considering it is Michael Malthouse's final season as coach.
No-one intends to be complacent, but the list isn't good enough for even a 5% drop off.
Collingwood has the best list in the league, and were the youngest premiership team in 32 years, so an improvement of 5% is more likely than a drop of 5%. I also think that their best team will be better next year with Chris Tarrant, Brad Dick and Andrew Krakouer pushing for selection.
No-one intends to be complacent, but the list isn't good enough for even a 5% drop off.
Who said that there is going to be a 5% drop off? There is nothing to suggest that, so it appears to me that it is what you're hoping for. Now if they were an old team, then I can understand the possibility of that, but they're a young team.
Collingwood? That is surprising.
What does that mean? Collingwood had a difficult draw this year yet won 20 matches and lost only 4 and thrashed the three other top-4 teams in the finals. Next year they have a much better draw, so are you agreeing with me then?
Right. Maybe they will keep doing that each year and win the next 10 flags!
And you say you're intelligent? :confused: There is no chance that Collingwood will win the next ten flags of course.
Both have more true A-graders.
That's a wives tale, and it's not true. Collingwood has at least as many stars as those two teams, and they don't fall away as quickly.
Collingwood had a lot of players that looked better than they are.
Ha ha ha! How can players look better than they are? That makes no sense whatsoever. :rolleyes:
I hope they won't sustain their performance.
Edited for accuracy. ;)
I don't see North Melbourne improving next season. I don't think they will drop away too much either though, so I expect close to a similar finish to this year.

Anyone else sick of this North Melbourne/Melbourne circle jerk b.s.?

Cannot agree more.

Both sets of supporters have been having their hands on it firmly of late.

Talk of North "improving" to top 4 status and Melbourne adding "the final piece of the puzzle for the flag".

Going to come crashing back down with a thud!

Firstly, I have never said that Melbourne are crap because of players like Bruce. I always felt he would be a big loss, and if he was crap, then why did the club want to retain him? Secondly, if you have read that many times from other people (not me) then show one of those posts.Why is it irrelevant? I have always felt that he has been important to Melbourne and that he is a big loss as a number of Melbourne supporters on the radio have also said.What irony? I have not said that though, yet you're trying to inaccurately and unfairly label me as a hypocrite.

Firstly, I never suggested that you did make that comment.
Secondly, you take things far too personally.
Thirdly, you're like a dog with a bone and your constant 'wall of text' replies are boring.

As I said before, if you don't get it by now then you never will, it's obviously beyond yor comprehension.

Well Melbourne are 26/1 for the flag with N.Melb 50/1.

Doesn't that tell you something?????

Lets use the odds to sort something out then. You place Melbourne 7th ("without bias" - as per your post) however there are 9 teams shorter for the flag????

Does't that tell you something?

Well it does tell me something - you are bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot agree more.

Both sets of supporters have been having their hands on it firmly of late.

Talk of North "improving" to top 4 status and Melbourne adding "the final piece of the puzzle for the flag".

Going to come crashing back down with a thud!

I agree - both teams are no where near top 4. Melbourne finished 12th and although we missed by % the really good teams did get a hold of us a couple of times this year. Some exciting kids in both teams and that is where fans make a big mistake - getting potential mixed up with reality.

collingwood-game plan and lack of competition will keep them top
fremantle-taking another step
adelaide-the most professional afl club
footscray-slowly falling
carlton-slowly rising
st kilda-game plan can only work for so long, lyon overdoing it with rejects
sydney-as always around the mark
melbourne-still rising
north melbourne-solid competitive list, not many stars
geelong-era over for ageing abbletless list
hawthorn-a bit overated
richmond-very promising midfield and forward line building
port adelaide-slowly improving
gold coast-good start for new club
brisbane-voss is destroying the club
west coast-need to keep improving their midfield
essendon-weakest midfield and forward line in the league

The arrogance of Melbourne supporters is astounding considering how little they have acheieved in the last few years. They are all flocking to these types of the threads and telling every man and his dog that their youth is the best and won't hear anything which says otherwise.

The arrogance of Melbourne supporters is astounding considering how little they have acheieved in the last few years. They are all flocking to these types of the threads and telling every man and his dog that their youth is the best and won't hear anything which says otherwise.

I consider North to be more arrogant.

James Brayshaw said "Our youth is as good as Melbourne's" in the lead up to both our matches, and I see more North supporters talking up their youth than Melbourne.

Although, I guess when you've got an exciting young list, you have every right to be optimistic about the future ;)

I consider North to be more arrogant.

James Brayshaw said "Our youth is as good as Melbourne's" in the lead up to both our matches, and I see more North supporters talking up their youth than Melbourne.

Although, I guess when you've got an exciting young list, you have every right to be optimistic about the future ;)
Norf fans are just the annoying little kid who are just really obnoxious and tbh I don't see how their talent is best.:confused:

Norf = Rudy from the simpsons.:thumbsu:

It's hard to predict, but I, like most people, can't see Brisbane, West Coast, Essendon, Gold Coast or Richmond making the 8.

In no particular order.

Top 4: Collingwood, Fremantle, St Kilda and Sydney.
5th - 8th: Carlton, Geelong, Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne.

Geelong could easily make the 4, but I think that's where we'll see most changes next year. Hawthorn are just too unpredictable for me, as are Port. The Crows lost a lot of experience this year and they may take a year or two to recover. Melbourne are one more year away from finals IMO.

Really tough to predict because it seems like a lot of teams have potential.

Norf fans are just the annoying little kid who are just really obnoxious and tbh I don't see how their talent is best.:confused:

Norf = Rudy from the simpsons.:thumbsu:

"But what i lack in size, I make up for in obnoxiousness"
Possibly the most perfect comparison for Norf.

1. Collingwood
2. Fremantle
3. Bulldogs
4. St Kilda
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7.Hawthorn
8. Carlton
9. Melbourne
10. Adelaide
11. North Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Richmond
14. Brisbane
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Essendon

1 - Collingwood - Solid all over the park and still some improvement to come.
2 - Footscray - Good mix of experience, better run with injuries will help
3 - St Kilda - Roo and Goddard are two of the best 5 players in the comp
4 - Hawthorn - Think Hale will be invaluable in the ruck for the hawks
5 - Adelaide - With the ol'timers gone the young talent know its up to them
6 - Sydney - Always there abouts, hopefully their rucks last the season in '11
7 - Geelong - New coach and gameplan and life without Gaz will be interesting
8 - Port Adelaide - Primus seems to have this group in a good frame of mind
9 - West Coast - ........What??
10 - Fremantle - 2011 to be more like the second half of 2010 than the first.
11 - Carlton - If they can only manage 8th in a brownlow year....
12 - Melbourne - Will win games they shouldn't and lose some they should win
13 - Brisbane - Less injuries should see the lions out of the bottom 4
14 - Gold Coast - See them having a good run home
15 - North Melbourne - Bar Harvey don't have enough match winners
16 - Richmond - Will improve but and even year sees them down here
17 - Essendon - Dull midfield and forwardline

Premiers - Footsrcay
Runner Up - Hawthorn
Norm Smith - Lake
Brownlow - Pendlebury
Coleman - Franklin

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney Swans
4. Geelong
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Fremantle
7. St Kilda
8. Melbourne
------------------------
9. Carlton
10. Adelaide
11. North Melbourne
12. Brisbane
13. Essendon
14. West Coast Eagles
15. Port Adelaide
16. Richmond
17. Gold Coast Suns

Premiers: Collingwood
Norm Smith: Steele Sidebottom
Brownlow: Joel Selwood
Coleman: Lance Franklin
Rising Star: David Swallow

1. Freo
2. Collingwood
3. Melbourne
4. Sydney
5. North
6. St Kilda
7. Geelong
8. Hawthorn

9. Adelaide
10. Port
11. Carlton
12. Western
13. Richmond
14. Brisbane
15. Gold Coast
16. Essendon
17. West Coast

North fans on these threads are painful, desperately seeking someone to tell them they think they have a talented list.

As the old saying goes, if you have to tell people you're important, then you're not.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Ladder Predictions - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back