10 Sydney 10
11 Melbourne 10
12 Gold Coast 8
13 Richmond 7
14 North Melbourne 6
15 Essendon 4
16 Brisbane 4
17 Port Adelaide 3
i bet you we will win more than 6 games and whoever loses the bet never post on bigfooty again, put your money where your mouth is

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Essendon
8. Melbourne

-------------------

9. Sydney
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Carlton
14. Brisbane
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne

Not really too tough a season to pick imo.

You've got to figure Collingwood will be up there again, and Geelong, Freo and the Bulldogs should all be in the mix too. Collective talent doesn't disappear overnight.

Likewise, battling teams such as NM and Brisbane are pretty much a monty to finish near (if not at) the bottom. Carlton is savagely overrated at the best of times; if Judd goes down, the Blues are in massive trouble. Can't see GC doing a lot just yet, but the Suns could surprise.

I have no doubt that, given a good run with injury, Essendon will improve out of sight. Getting rid of the worst coaching panel in the business and replacing it with legends of the game in the box surely has to make a big difference. Hirdy is a genuine champion. :thumbsu:

Melbourne and Richmond should also continue their improvement.

St Kilda, as everyone knows, is the unknown quantity. Will the Saints' unenviable back-to-back experience as GF losers and the Riewoldt-Dawson fiasco break their will? Will Koschitzke finally produce? I can't answer those questions at this stage. :mad:

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Essendon
8. Melbourne

-------------------

9. Sydney
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Carlton
14. Brisbane
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne

You've got to figure Collingwood will be up there again, and Geelong, Freo and the Bulldogs should all be in the mix too. Collective talent doesn't disappear overnight.

Likewise, battling teams such as NM and Brisbane are pretty much a monty to finish near (if not at) the bottom. Carlton is savagely overrated at the best of times; if Judd goes down, the Blues are in massive trouble. Can't see GC doing a lot just yet, but the Suns could surprise.

I have no doubt that, given a good run with injury, Essendon will improve out of sight. Getting rid of the worst coaching panel in the business and replacing it with legends of the game in the box surely has to make a big difference. Hirdy is a genuine champion. :thumbsu:

St Kilda, as everyone knows, is the unknown quantity. Will the Saints' unenviable back-to-back experience as GF losers and the Riewoldt-Dawson fiasco break their will? Will Koschitzke finally produce? I can't answer those questions at this stage. :mad:
no wonder you are still an apprentice

i bet you we will win more than 6 games and whoever loses the bet never post on bigfooty again, put your money where your mouth is

Why would I do that?

How posting on Bigfooty relates to money is a mystery to me.
How money relates to what is coming out of my mouth is another mystery, considering I'm typing on a forum. Maybe you need to read your posts aloud before you hit the submit button.

You may win more, you may not. You won't make finals.

Depending how North look pre-season will determine whether I think they'll win more games.

That's a weird comment from someone who joined the site two months ago i.e 13 months after me. And has already racked up a yellow card inside that time. :eek:

Which part of my post do you object to? :confused:

I object to the part where you left Hawthorn off your ladder, last time I checked Hawthorn were going to participate in season 2011?!!

collingwood should be even better this year, hopefully
hawthorn definate danger if things click for them
st kilda always there abouts and very well disciplined
fremantle showed what they are capable of last year
geelong despite loss of ablett still very talented across every line
adelaide big improvers , injuries like most sides will be the key
sydney few young players got a taste of it, always up there
bulldogs make the 8 but dont see as a real threat

carlton need to find more contributors
north young list on the improve, early injuries a worry though
port will win 8-12 games
melbourne same as port, 2012 and onwards is there time
essendon will start well but fade out
richmond last season results flattered them, along way to go
brisbane be a long year
west coast are where freo was a few years back, improving
gold coast be a long year for them

port will win 8-12 games
brisbane be a long year

Probably a fair assessment of our position, however I'm thinking the form will go the opposit way ie. We will start slowly with a tough fixture and adaption to a new game plan, and finish the season well.

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Essendon
8. Melbourne

-------------------

9. Sydney
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Carlton
14. Brisbane
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne

Looks like The Hawks are taking the year off!!!!!!

port will win 8-12 games
brisbane be a long year

Not arguing with where you've put us, but considering we finished 15th last season how could you argue the results flattered us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not arguing with where you've put us, but considering we finished 15th last season how could you argue the results flattered us?

West Coast tanked, maybe??? No idea.

1. Collingwood - Anything but this prediction is just stretching and hoping.
2. St Kilda - Still have the midfield and Goddard.
3. Fremantle - Improving. Maybe? Please god.
4. Geelong - One player does not make a team. And Geelong are still a good team.
5. Hawthorn - Horrible elimination final. Fremantle didn't win, Hawthorn lost. They will come back.
6. Bulldogs - Getting old. Have to start blooding a lot more young players.
7. Carlton - Can they click THIS year?
8. Melbourne - Young team. Will improve, especially if Grimes stays injury free. The man is vital.

9. Sydney - Some good potential picked up recently, but they will struggle.
10. Adelaide - Lost lots of experience. Will be forced to blood youngsters. Will be a fun year for their supporters, but no top 8.
11. North Melbourne - Not a horrible bunch of youngsters, but they are a year behind Melbourne.
12. Essendon - Hard to place. I personally think having a coach who was a club player two/three years ago is a big gamble.
13. Port Adelaide - Really need to start blooding even more young players. I'm worried they lack depth right now and will have to find it somewhere.
14. Richmond - Young team. Again, a year behind Melbourne.
15. Brisbane - Need a new coach. He's not well liked around the club and is causing a lot of discontent.
16. West Coast - Gaff/Lycett/Darling. At least two of these guys need to shine and be top 10 club B&F for West Coast to move higher than here.
17. Gold Coast - Mostly teenagers. Will require constant resting when torn up by bigger bodies.

Collingwood: Great young list who will go well again
Hawthorn: One of the few teams who can beat the Pies
Fremantle: Showed enough last year to suggest their time is close
Sydney: Will continue their rise
Melbourne: Exciting to watch and my big improvers
Saints: Their time is just about done
Geelong: Surely they are good enough to overcome the loss of Ablett
Carlton: Just in ahead of a host of teams who will be right up their backsides

North Melbourne: Could easily make the 8
Bulldogs: On the slide. Time to rebuild
Tigers: Exciting team who will win plenty of friends and games, just not enough
Adelaide: In this group of 4 which will challenge for 8th
Port: Hmmm, an up and down season awaits
Bombers: New coach, but same team
Lions: Off field drama and age will hurt
West Coast: Another year of rebuilding
Gold Coast: Might win 3 or 4 games

West Coast tanked, maybe??? No idea.

1. Collingwood - Anything but this prediction is just stretching and hoping.
2. St Kilda - Still have the midfield and Goddard.
3. Fremantle - Improving. Maybe? Please god.
4. Geelong - One player does not make a team. And Geelong are still a good team.
5. Hawthorn - Horrible elimination final. Fremantle didn't win, Hawthorn lost. They will come back.
6. Bulldogs - Getting old. Have to start blooding a lot more young players.
7. Carlton - Can they click THIS year?
8. Melbourne - Young team. Will improve, especially if Grimes stays injury free. The man is vital.

9. Sydney - Some good potential picked up recently, but they will struggle.
10. Adelaide - Lost lots of experience. Will be forced to blood youngsters. Will be a fun year for their supporters, but no top 8.
11. North Melbourne - Not a horrible bunch of youngsters, but they are a year behind Melbourne.
12. Essendon - Hard to place. I personally think having a coach who was a club player two/three years ago is a big gamble.
13. Port Adelaide - Really need to start blooding even more young players. I'm worried they lack depth right now and will have to find it somewhere.
14. Richmond - Young team. Again, a year behind Melbourne.
15. Brisbane - Need a new coach. He's not well liked around the club and is causing a lot of discontent. 16. West Coast - Gaff/Lycett/Darling. At least two of these guys need to shine and be top 10 club B&F for West Coast to move higher than here.
17. Gold Coast - Mostly teenagers. Will require constant resting when torn up by bigger bodies.

Favourite son not well liked, lol

Why not...

1. Collingwood
2. Fremantle
3. St Kilda
4. Hawthorn
5. Geelong
6. North Melbourne
7. Melbourne
8. Western Bulldogs

9. Sydney
10. Adelaide
11. Richmond
12. Carlton
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast
15. Essendon
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. St Kilda
5. Fremantle
6. Sydney
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Adelaide

9. Carlton
10. North Melbourne
11. Essendon
12. Port Adelaide
13. Melbourne
14. Brisbane
15. West Coast
16. Richmond
17. Gold Coast

Pray we get a good run with injuries. Should be another good year of development for the boys. 2012 will be a cracker.

Carlton is savagely overrated at the best of times; if Judd goes down, the Blues are in massive trouble.

5. Carlton - Could be in trouble if Judd goes down, but should take part in September unless something drastic happens

Interesting mentality which I can''t help but disagree with. Judd certainly lifts our side but to think that without him our list would just collapse is a bit of exaggeration. Judd was at the club in 08' when we finished 9th, since then the improvement in the side has come from players like Murphy, Simpson, Russell, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Warnock, Armfield which has lifted us into finals. These players (with the exception of Simpson) are young and likely to continue improving, in particular Murphy who came off no preseason, played almost every game but wasn't at full training till after the mid-season break.

Carlton to take the next step and make top 4 only to fall down the ladder in 2012 when judd has a bad injury run and murphy is at GWS

Now that is just poor taste. Wishing Murphy away is one thing. Hoping an out an out superstar of the comp gets injured is really quite wrong. Whatever your feelings about the man, it just isn't good show.

Interesting mentality which I can''t help but disagree with. Judd certainly lifts our side but to think that without him our list would just collapse is a bit of exaggeration. Judd was at the club in 08' when we finished 9th, since then the improvement in the side has come from players like Murphy, Simpson, Russell, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Warnock, Armfield which has lifted us into finals. These players (with the exception of Simpson) are young and likely to continue improving, in particular Murphy who came off no preseason, played almost every game but wasn't at full training till after the mid-season break.

Now that is just poor taste. Wishing Murphy away is one thing. Hoping an out an out superstar of the comp gets injured is really quite wrong. Whatever your feelings about the man, it just isn't good show.

Even if Judd was to go down (let's hope not), Carlton won't drop that much, it's mostly biased opinions that are predicting some big downfall. The further development of Murphy, Gibbs, Lucas etc. will cover a Judd injury. Judd missed out the first 3 games of 2010, in one game you smashed Richmond, the next you unluckily ran into a rampant Jonathan Brown, and the following week was a scrappy affair against Essendon, so his absence and the effect on the team is rather inaccurate around here

1. St.Kilda
2. Fremantle
3. Collingwood
4. Sydney
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Carlton
9. Richmond
10.Adelaide
11.Essendon
12. Hawthorn
13. North Melbourne
14. Port Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

Picking the ladder in the preseason is like picking what direction the stock market will go over a two month period.
Apple shares will continue to go up despite Steve Jobs health concerns.

1. Collingwood
(A few games gap) ;)
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Geelong
4. Fremantle
5. St.Kilda
6. Hawthorn
7. Carlton
8. Sydney

9. Adelaide
10. Melbourne
11. North Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Essendon
14. Gold Coast
15. Richmond
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

Premiers: Collingwood
Runners-Up: Western Bulldogs
Norm Smith Medal: Steele Sidebottom
Brownlow Medal: Scott Pendlebury
Coleman Medal: Lance Franklin

1.Collingwood - 2010 premiers should finish top 4, probly top 2
2.Fremantle - Injuries are a worry, but if they get most their side going should be top 6
3.St. Kilda - maybe their last big chance at a flag, may slide a little but manage top 4
4.Sydney - New coach is the big unknown, should be looking for a similar season, top 6. Hard to place.
5.Carlton - Would be expecting to get a home final(at least) and win one, top 6
6.Geelong - Been up for ages will begin to slide sooner or later but a good side, top 8
7.Adelaide - should be able to push for a spot in the lower top 8
8.Melbourne - Big talk of them and North coming into the seasons, Get the feeling one will probably live up to it and one will be a massive letdown.
9.Hawthorn - their best players are great but still have a few weaknesses, capable of top 8
10.Western Bulldogs - along with Geelong and St. Kilda have been up for a fair while with the nature of the AFL you'd think atleast one will come crashing down. Bit of an unknown
11.Port Adelaide - Not ready for top 8 but should be able to stay out of the bottom 4
12.West Coast - Aim should be to get out of the bottom 4, if they can get some form at Subiaco they should achieve this.
13.Richmond - Show signs they're on the right path
14.North Melbourne - could swap with Melbourne, just thik one will be a huge letdown after all the hype
15.Brisbane - Need huge seasons from Brown and Fevola to drag themselves up the ladder even that might not be enough
16.Essendon - Just don't rate their list at all and don't think a expensive coaching panel will be enough
17.Gold Coast - Can see their younger players getting pushed around a fair bit, probably find it hard to run out games against stronger bodies

Apple shares will continue to go up despite Steve Jobs health concerns.

1. Collingwood
(A few games gap) ;)
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Geelong
4. Fremantle
5. St.Kilda
6. Hawthorn
7. Carlton
8. Sydney

9. Adelaide
10. Melbourne
11. North Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Essendon
14. Gold Coast
15. Richmond
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

That is essentially the same ladder as this year with exactly the same finalists and nearly exactky the same bottom 8, won't happen.

1. Collingwood
St.Kilda
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
5. Geelong
6. Adelaide
7. Sydney
8. Port Adelaide
9. Carlton
10. Fremantle
11. Brisbane
12. Melbourne