2011 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and-then-i-lold.jpg
Don't bring that shit here he's entitles to his own opinion.

1. Saint Kilda
2. Hawthorn
3. Collingwood
4. Fremantle
5. Bulldogs
6. Port Adelaide
7. Carlton
8. Geelong
9. Richmond
10. Sydney
10. Melbourne
11. Adelaide
12. Essendon
13. North Melbourne
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

Still WAyyyyyyyyyyy too early to tell.

I'll give it a second crack now that Trade week has come and gone.

1. Saint Kilda - I just can't bring myself to put Collingwood first. I think the saints will improve compared to this year. Will finish between 1st and 4th, inclusive.
2. Collingwood - I think they will improve, but not much. They will be hurt by the interchange rule, but their young list should improve. They did alright in trade week. Top 3 team.
3. Western Bulldogs - They were ravaged by injury late this year. Will be a much better team next year IMO. Did well in trade week as well. Will finish between 1st and 3rd.
4. Fremantle - They are clearly a better team than Hawthorn. Will finish between 1st and 5th.
5. Hawthorn - Strong side, but not top 4. They really need to find some young midfielders IMO. Will finish between 2nd and 6th.
6. Port Adelaide - I have a really good feeling about us next year, we had important injuries this year, and should improve a huge amount under a new coach. We are capable of beating every team I have below us, and some above us. Between 4th and 7th.
7. Carlton - I've been expecting a huge improvement from Carlton for a while, maybe next year will be the time, but I've been burnt too many times. Between 4th and 9th for mine.
8. Adelaide - 8th spot will be fought out by Adelaide, Geelong and Melbourne IMO. I think that Adelaide will be the most consistent team though. Finishing between 6th and 10th.
9. Geelong - Might slip into the finals, but I expect them to go way backwards after losing their coach. Older players are past it. Bartel will win their BnF. Could finish anywhere between 7th and 13th.
10. Melbourne - Should improve on last year, won't be incredibly consistent though. Will finish between 7th and 11th IMO.
11.North Melbourne - Not sure exactly where North Melbourne fit in. I personally don't rate their list very much, but others seem to. Finish between 8th and 12th.
12. Sydney - Will go backwards under a new coach, can still make finals though. Will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th.
13. Richmond - Will improve this year. Whether it'll be a little or a lot is hard to judge. Could be anywhere between 7th and 13th.
14. West Coast - Should improve. A lot of young players, midfielders like Shuey and Swift to rise. Will finish between 11th and 16th.
15. Gold Coast - Should win a few games. Will finish between 11th and 17th
16. Brisbane - Bottom four certainty.
17. Essendon - Will go backwards under a new coach, their list is pretty bad.

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
daylight
3. Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Hawthorn
9. Richmond
10. Fremantle
11. North Melb
12. Gold Coast
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane
18. Fitzroy

Thanks, needed a good laugh

Of Collingwood's 26 games this year 10 were against the other top four teams. We only played one against the 5th and 6th teams but both of those were interstate and we played both the 7th and 8th teams twice. I won't compare to other teams, but Collingwood's draw was tough this year.

basically playing 7 or so games in the lead up to the finals at the G isn't

4 of those were Collingwood home games, another was against an MCG tenant a 6th was against the Bombers, who I believe haven't played each other away from the MCG in around 20 years? The final match if it were to be played at the Cats home ground would have denied 60,000 people the opportunity to attend. So I ask how any of those 7 games shouln't have been played at the MCG?

1 - Collingwood
2 - St Kilda
3 - Fremantle
4 - Geelong
5 - Western Bulldogs
6 - Carlton
7 - Hawthorn
8 - Sydney

9 - Melbourne
10 - Adelaide
11 - North Melbourne
12 - Gold Coast
13 - Richmond
14 - Port Adelaide
15 - Essendon
16 - Brisbane
17 - West Coast

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
daylight
3. Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Hawthorn
9. Richmond
10. Fremantle
11. North Melb
12. Gold Coast
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane
18. Fitzroy

Interesting. Adelaide has just had a very bad year with injury, exceptional one would say, they had a disastrous pre-season period and they started 0-6, but then they recovered somewhat and finished with 9-7 after that point. They ended the year with some good wins over higher-ranked clubs towards the end of the year, and they finished with none of the Goodwin-McLeod-Edwards-Burton-Hentschel retirees playing in the latter rounds.

During the trade week Adelaide may have been able to address a couple of issues of lack of pace and ruck stocks via Tambling and Jacobs respectively.

Of the players who did finish the year out with the Crows, one might reasonably expect next year appreciable improvement from Martin, Vince, Walker, Sloane, Davis, Henderson and Porplyzia and undoubtedly they will welcome the return of Otten.

Fifteenth would be the worst-ever finish for Adelaide, worse than even their most miserable of years to date.

Interesting. Every opinion is of course valid, but still ... interesting.

I'll give it a second crack now that Trade week has come and gone.

1. Saint Kilda - I just can't bring myself to put Collingwood first. I think the saints will improve compared to this year. Will finish between 1st and 4th, inclusive.
2. Collingwood - I think they will improve, but not much. They will be hurt by the interchange rule, but their young list should improve. They did alright in trade week. Top 3 team.
3. Western Bulldogs - They were ravaged by injury late this year. Will be a much better team next year IMO. Did well in trade week as well. Will finish between 1st and 3rd.
4. Fremantle - They are clearly a better team than Hawthorn. Will finish between 1st and 5th.
5. Hawthorn - Strong side, but not top 4. They really need to find some young midfielders IMO. Will finish between 2nd and 6th.
6. Port Adelaide - I have a really good feeling about us next year, we had important injuries this year, and should improve a huge amount under a new coach. We are capable of beating every team I have below us, and some above us. Between 4th and 7th.
7. Carlton - I've been expecting a huge improvement from Carlton for a while, maybe next year will be the time, but I've been burnt too many times. Between 4th and 9th for mine.
8. Adelaide - 8th spot will be fought out by Adelaide, Geelong and Melbourne IMO. I think that Adelaide will be the most consistent team though. Finishing between 6th and 10th.
9. Geelong - Might slip into the finals, but I expect them to go way backwards after losing their coach. Older players are past it. Bartel will win their BnF. Could finish anywhere between 7th and 13th.
10. Melbourne - Should improve on last year, won't be incredibly consistent though. Will finish between 7th and 11th IMO.
11.North Melbourne - Not sure exactly where North Melbourne fit in. I personally don't rate their list very much, but others seem to. Finish between 8th and 12th.
12. Sydney - Will go backwards under a new coach, can still make finals though. Will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th.
13. Richmond - Will improve this year. Whether it'll be a little or a lot is hard to judge. Could be anywhere between 7th and 13th.
14. West Coast - Should improve. A lot of young players, midfielders like Shuey and Swift to rise. Will finish between 11th and 16th.
15. Gold Coast - Should win a few games. Will finish between 11th and 17th
16. Brisbane - Bottom four certainty.
17. Essendon - Will go backwards under a new coach, their list is pretty bad.

Your comments for Essendon and Port could easily be swapped...

4 of those were Collingwood home games, another was against an MCG tenant a 6th was against the Bombers, who I believe haven't played each other away from the MCG in around 20 years? The final match if it were to be played at the Cats home ground would have denied 60,000 people the opportunity to attend. So I ask how any of those 7 games shouln't have been played at the MCG?

doesn't refute the fact your draw in the second half of the season was soft as butter

Your comments for Essendon and Port could easily be swapped...

Our coach has won 5 out of 7 games. Essendon's coach is untried. While I don't know all that much about Essendon's list, I seriously doubt its as good as ours.

I get where your coming from though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. St Kilda
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
-----------------
5. Collingwood
6. Fremantle
7. Melbourne
8. Adelaide
-----------------
9. Sydney
10. Carlton
11. Port Adelaide
12. Gold Coast
13. Essendon
14. North Melbourne
15. Richmond
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

Western Bulldogs to surprise as serious contenders, Hawthorn to get their shit together, Collingwood will be inconsistent, Fremantle won't quite get their away form together but still be a force at home, Carlton to be dissapointing with calls to sack the coach, Gold Coast have enough talent to win some home games, Brisbane = basketcase

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Geelong
6. Hawthorn
7. North Melbourne
8. Carlton
9. Melbourne
10. Richmond
11. Sydney
12. Adelaide
13. Port Adelaide
14. Gold Coast
15. Essendon
16. Brisbane
17. West Coast

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
daylight
3. Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Hawthorn
9. Richmond
10. Fremantle
11. North Melb
12. Gold Coast
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane
18. Fitzroy
I like this guy.

NOW I don't wanna act like i'm a big deal or whatever but pretty sure I was one of the ONLY neutral people to tip Collingwood to finish on top last year:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624657

My go for 2011:
1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Melbourne
5. Carlton
6. Geelong
7. St. Kilda
8. Sydney
9. Richmond
10. North Melbourne
11. Adelaide
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Port Adelaide
14. Gold Coast
15. Essendon
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

1. Collingwood
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Hawthorn
4. St Kilda
-----------------
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. North Melbourne
8. Adelaide
-----------------
9. Melbourne
10. Sydney
11. Richmond
12. Carlton
13. Port Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. West Coast
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Collingwood

5. Adelaide
6. Geelong
7. St. Kilda
8. Carlton

9. Hawthorn
10. Gold Coast
11. Melbourne
12. North Melbourne
13. Richmond
14. Brisbane
15. West Coast
16. Port Adelaide
17. Essendon

1 - Collingwood (Tough to do, but I think we can go again. Rose coloured glasses perhaps, granted.)
2 - Fremantle (Will win every game at Subi, top four easy.)
3 - Hawthorn (Roughy and Buddy to channel '08.)
4 - Geelong (Slide begins, but still very, very good.)
5 - Adelaide (Crows regenerated nicely in '10, will bounce back without veterans.)
6 - Sydney (Longmire channeling Roosy, great transition.)
7 - St Kilda (Tough to lose two grand finals, and draw one, in 53 weeks. Gallant.)
8 - Melbourne (Here they come. They'll play their one final, but it's all looking rather good down at..... AAMI Park? Casey?)
9 - North Melbourne (See Melbourne. These two looking kinda similar.)
10 - Western Bulldogs (Gut feeling, otherwise they'd be around Hawthorn.)
11 - Carlton (Ratten under pressure, not getting results from great picks.)
12 - Gold Coast (Ablett and a select few get them off the bottom alone. Scary potential.)
13 - Port Adelaide (Port missing a few ingredients to make eight, will be better for the year.)
14 - Richmond (A step behind Melbourne, will be up around the 8 in '12.)
15 - Brisbane (Lost too much, didn't get enough back, mature-aged recruits bar Staker haven't worked.)
16 - West Coast (Not sure, reckon they could surprise, fair chance to go higher, perhaps 12th, list isn't too bad. Tough to gauge.)
17 - Essendon (All down to Hirdy, is he gonna do much better than Knights in year 1 after being out of football for so long. Doubtful, but it is Hirdy, and he will have a long leash.)

I'll have a crack:

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Freo
4. Saints
5. Dogs
6. Carlton
7. Cats
8. North

9. Adelaide
10. Sydney
11. Melbourne