2011 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha! Some people are really struggling with the reality that not only were Collingwood premiers this year, but the most dominant team of the season as 20 wins, and only 4 losses, and a percentage of 142% (which should have been more due to poor conversion during the season) suggests.

Instead of giving credit where it is due for the thrashing of the other three top-4 teams during the finals, one delusional person prefers to blame the Grand Final opponent for Collingwood's premiership. Sometimes all it takes is a Grand Final win against any opposition to become even better, and I think Collingwood will be even better in 2011.So does Collingwood, but the difference is that Collingwood has proved themselves, whilst Melbourne has a lot to prove as recent finishes of 14th, 16th, 16th and 12th indicates. They will miss their captain a lot, and they would not be the first team to take a step backwards before they go forward.That would be coming from yourself. What are you scared of? When I think of Melbourne, I just think of a team that Collingwood has beaten 141 times and only lost 79 times, and all I can smell is wood from their vast collection of a particular type of kitchen utensil.

You've been doing your best all year to try to convince everyone that they were rubbish, now he's delusional for believing you.

As for the percentage that should have been higher, yes, I think you'll find all the teams have aspects that should have been better.

whilst Melbourne has a lot to prove as recent finishes of 14th, 16th, 16th and 12th indicates. They will miss their captain a lot, and they would not be the first team to take a step backwards before they go forward.
Your just hoping that will be the case. Everyone knows St.Kilda, Geelong and the Bulldogs are on a downward spiral the only team on the way up are the Dees.

Just admit that you're scared of the emerging super power, I won't think any less of you. THE WOBBLES WILL RETURN.

Your just hoping that will be the case. Everyone knows St.Kilda, Geelong and the Bulldogs are on a downward spiral the only team on the way up are the Dees.

Just admit that you're scared of the emerging super power, I won't think any less of you. THE WOBBLES WILL RETURN.

You are a dead set muppet.

Super power?

Mate we won this year and i'm not getting that far ahead of myself when it comes to my own club.

Get a grip.

You have just given us one of the more stupid points I have read on this forum... Kudos to you.

You have just given us one of the more stupid points I have read on this forum... Kudos to you.
The Bulldogs are finished. There form was shit house at the end of the year, Aker was the only player holding the club together.

FACT: The Bulldogs and St.Kilda will never win a flag again, it's in their make up to be constant losers.

The Bulldogs are finished. There form was shit house at the end of the year, Aker was the only player holding the club together.

FACT: The Bulldogs and St.Kilda will never win a flag again, it's in their make up to be constant losers.

And what have melbourne done for the last 46 years?

Nothing......shit club, shit supports and no money.

It must be true because someone put it on the internet,

This is pretty funny stuff right here, superpower.... Melbourne? GC and GWS say hi!

I think LITTLE STINGA should be put up for the most biased and ridiculous poster of the year. Bay 13 is too logical for Him.

And what have melbourne done for the last 46 years?

Nothing......shit club, shit supports and no money.

Pretty good to survive over 150 years as a 'shit' club.

Riders of Rohan said:
This is pretty funny stuff right here, superpower.... Melbourne? GC and GWS say hi!

North Melbourne will be a bigger future onfield powerhouse than Melbourne IMO

My updated ladder prediction (AFTER FIXTURE ANNOUNCEMENT)

1. ST. KILDA (3rd year lucky, lets hope, sparked by inclusions of youth to replace questionable bottom few)
  2. COLLINGWOOD (Can't see to many teams really challenging the Pies, but the Saints will get payback)
  3. FREMANTLE (Side becomes more mature and will have big advantage at home, time is coming for new look Doc's)
  4. GEELONG (Too much talent to stay too far away, will be a threat again before gradually drifting)
  5. HAWTHORN (Will improve on last season only just, still have abillity to knock off the big sides)
  6. NORTH MELBOURNE (Starting to think the Roos will jump up into the 8 and look really exciting with underrated youth)
  7. WESTERN BULLDOGS (Hard to pick, think will drop off a bit but will inject some more young guns and challenge seriously again in 2-3 years)
  8. MELBOURNE (Will improve no doubt, easy draw gives no excuses for failure to make top 8. Coming along nicely)
  9. CARLTON (Had to boot a few out so severly unlucky, Not far off a real shot but a bad year still to come! Maybe)
  10. SYDNEY (Never bottom out, but new coach and some ageing faces with raw youth make it a building year for Sydney. Still in top 8 mix easily)
  11. PORT ADELAIDE (Similar position for Port. Can be good at times but stronger opponents will keep them stagnated)
  12. ADELAIDE (Done a 360 on Adelaide, lost alot of experience and will need another year of games into exciting youth)
  13. GOLD COAST (Could sit anywhere in bottom 8 really, but with so many first year players will struggle early. Can and will win games)
  14. BRISBANE LIONS (Hard to see, but if things go right could sneak back into 8. I dont think things will go right. Draft picks in 2011 please)
  15. RICHMOND (In my opinion, one more year of bottom 2...or now 3...and then bang!)
  16. WEST COAST (Struggling at the moment but great clubs dont stay out for long. Home advantage keeps them above Essendon)
  17. ESSENDON (Will beat Saints and thats it. Not the Hird homecoming imagined. However more picks, good speed and decent spine means improvement could and should prove me wrong)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having won the best and fairest it would appear Rischi carried your side. Facts are you have either an 18 year or no one to replace them.

Our backline, particularly the talls in Hurley, Pears and Hooker, is one of the most promising in the league, it's our lack of defensive pressure from our midfield that kills us. Our young forward KPPs in Gumbleton, Carlisle and Daniher (more third man up - and he's not proven) see both ends covered.

There's nothing to write home about up forward or back regarding KPPs when Brown and Fevola disappear - Clark's a better ruckman than Leuenberger/Charman combined - and Ryder is equal to Clark.

I'll take Zaharakis, Melksham, Colyer, Myers, Jetta and Howlett over Rich, Redden, Rockliff and Banfield - the others you've mentioned have done zero.

So, in summary, our young midfield and our young KPPs beat yours. Essendon might be a fair way back but Brisbane are even further - but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I'm sure Port and WCE supporters can defend their own lists against Brisbane's.
Daniher? Please. I see that guy constantly talked down on your board. I'd be taking Cornelius everyday of the week over the 3 you mentioned.

When I think of Melbourne, I just think of a team that Collingwood has beaten 141 times and only lost 79 times, and all I can smell is wood from their vast collection of a particular type of kitchen utensil.

And when I think of the Pies I think of 6 wins from 7 Grand Finals. That's what matters sweets. :)

Btw, how's Simon Buckley going ? You know, the ex Melb player you had ear-marked as a starting 22 player before round one this year.

You're a great judge, Steph. :eek:

Daniher? Please. I see that guy constantly talked down on your board. I'd be taking Cornelius everyday of the week over the 3 you mentioned.

Clueless.

Only Daniher that gets talked down on our board is Ned, the one who was a fencer and took up football at a much later age then normal and therefore hasn't been drafted.

1. Collingwood
2. St. Kilda
3. Hawthorn
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Fremantle
6. Sydney
7. Geelong
8. Adelaide

9. Carlton
10. Melbourne
11. West Coast
12. Kangaroos
13. Richmond
14. Port Adelaide
15. Essendon
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

But really.............NFI!!!!

1. Melbourne: Collingwood will finish 1st but will wobble in the Grand Final. People think that the wobble is over for the Pie but it is not, they just played a team that chokes more than they do. St.Kilda should have been banned for the year after that gutless performance lead by the new Leon Davis Nick Riewoldt. We also have a good draw.

2. Collingwood: Bring back the wobble.

3. Geelong: Will want to prove that they are not a one man band.

4. Bulldogs: Have recruited well enough to stay there abouts.

5. Fremantle: They shouldn't go backwards.

6. Adelaide: Will bounce back

7. Carlton: Will do enough to make the 8.

8. Kangaroos: Good enough to make the 8.

9. Port : Finished the season off well.

10. Sydney: Can't continue to prove people wrong.

11. Hawthorn: Very overrated club. Hale will be the dud recruit of the year. He would of starred if he went to Melbourne though.

12. Essendon: Hird won't save them.

13. Brisbane: Too many problems there.

14. Gold Coast: Ablett will them a few games.

15. West Coast: Going nowhere.

16. St.Kilda: Cos they deserve it.

17. Richmond: Cos they are crazy enough to recruit Miller.

You are a Goose who is in Dreamland! Melbourne are noway in the same class as the pies! Remember little stinga I know who you really are!!!;)

1. stkilda - extra point in gf mark 1 and theyd be getting all the hype collingwood is now getting. without the silverware they wont be hunted which will give some breathing space.
2. freo - showed soome quality this year. they'll either really challenge or really drop in my oppinion, depends how they deal with being favourite weekly
3. footscray - could drop a few more places, but i think theyre planning a final tilt, and they havent lost much from this year
4. collingwood - will suffer from being hunted. once finals come, could be a force (as long as dont get freo out west in prelim) but will struggle to maintain this years dominance week in week out.
5. Sydney - id be surprised if they finish higher first year with new coach
6. Geelong - hard to judge, losing a coach and star player will hit hard. they have enough quality to still finish top 8, but we'll find out who's just been along for the ride
7. melbourne - id personally be dissapointed if we didnt finish top 8 this year.
8. hawthorn - seem to have enough of 08 team around that if they get their sorted they could be a dark horse finishing much higher

9. Carlton - I wanted them in the 8 i just cant see who they'll replace though
10. North - good youth, though possibly still a year away from the 8
11 Adelaide - hard to tell where they'll end up, but I cant imagine the 8
12 port - still a bit middle of the road i reckon.
13 richmond - i like the look of their kids, and its amazing how a good forward can carry a team along.
14 WC - still a bunch of kids, probably looking at a handful of years out of the 8 still
15 Essendon - could be lower. apart from a new coach i dont see whats changed from this year
16 GC - too many young players, not even their over payed stars can carry that many kids
17 Brisbane - theyre bottoming out by my reading hoping to build up from scratch again

Why are bombers fans still talking about the Daniher going to Sydney? I thought for sure they'd have switched on Geelong fan mode and started bagging the shit out of him.

He hasn't played for a year, not even reserves, had every injury under the sun this year. Half the board were calling for his inclusion every week, the other half were calling for his delisting.
Frankly, dunno whether he'll make it, he's OK but doesn't really standout, but dunno about Cornelius either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back