13. Port Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. West Coast
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane
Wishful thinking?

As this approaches a 1000 posts.
Before it is closed.
As its deathvember and i have exams Is a mod or renowned poster willing to make an AVERAGE LADDER so that we see how the table may turn out??
Basically count how many ladders there are.
Add up the positions of each team.
And divide.
So eg. 800 ladders.
Geelong accumalates 3200 points.
Therefore finishing 4th.

Before it is closed.
As its deathvember and i have exams Is a mod or renowned poster willing to make an AVERAGE LADDER so that we see how the table may turn out??
And divide.
So eg. 800 ladders.
Therefore finishing 4th.

Good idea.

Get to it.

Here is my final prediction:

1 - Collingwood - 18 - 4 - 72
Easily the best gameplan and one of the best lists in the competition, will have Collingwood one step ahead of the pack in the H&A. Will dominate throughout the season, and will only drop games to the Top 4.

----------------------------

2 - St Kilda - 17 - 5 - 68
Despite now having missed out 3 times in 2 years they are simply the best of the rest. Have one year more of being a Top 2 team and will gradually slide down from there unless of some dramatic changes at Moorabin. Their fixture is quite nice hence the huge points amount.

3 - Western Bulldogs - 15 - 7 - 60
I originally had them on the Cusp of the 8 but a strong trading period and the additions of Wallis and Liberatore have seen me change my opinion. Need to win this year, otherwise they are looking at more years of wait. They have a very nice draw and it should see them into the Top 4.

---------------------------

4 - Geelong - 15 - 7 - 60
One of the harder teams to place Geelong have had a huge shift in terms of players and coaching staff and this could cause internal problems. They have the quality in their team to justify another year of contention but I think this great team are now past it and need to prepare there youth if they want to remain competitive.

5 - Fremantle - 14 - 8 - 56
Injuries permitting we should see the Dockers ascend into the Top 4 and put their premiership aspirations into 3rd Gear. The youth is one of the best in the competition and with Pavlich, Sandilands, Mundy and Duffield providing experience they will be in good stead for a few years to come.

6 - Sydney 14 - 8 - 56
This will be a stabalising year for the Swans with a new coach and captain. The Roos/Kirk era has left and now John Longmire has the reigns. The midfield youth is an exciting prospect for the Swans with Jack, Kennedy, Hannerbery and Jetta looking like guns of the future. The forward line will determine whether they are going to contend and they will rely on Bradshaw to kick at least 40 goals.

7 - Hawthorn 14 - 8 - 56
Another team which I struggled to find a spot for. What I liked is that they had a big clean out of their list and are looking for improvement in their list. The top end of their list is immense quality but it falls away very quickly. Could be anywhere in the top 8 and will be a big danger to the Top 4 come finals.

8 - Carlton 12 - 10 - 48
Once again I had trouble placing the Blues but the difference between 4 - 8 will be very small and I can see any of these teams advancing to a Preliminary Final. The midfield one again will be key for the Blues and the forward looks to have got its act together. Kreuzer and the backline will be the worried for the Blues, Kruezer is paramount to their success and without him firing they won't be able to match the top 4. The backline has been exposed on numerous occasions and will need to be fixed.

9 - Adelaide - 12 - 10 - 48
Had no idea where to put them but I have settled on 9th as suitable for the Crows. They will be looking to stabalize after a huge amount of players having left the club or retired. The forward line and backline is very solid and they have midfield stars in Thompson and Vince but there depth is lacking and I can see them being mid table for a year before another surge up the ladder. Quite surpised at their points score and how high it was but that's my view on their fixture.

10 - Port Adelaide - 10 - 12 - 40
Port have a decent list but I'm not sure from where the improvement will come from. There rucks are ageing and Brogan doesn't have long left before he hangs up the boots. Their backline is there strongest area and will be key to their success. The midfield and forward line are developing and have quality but not great depth. They will be a top 8 team circa 2012/3.

11 - Melbourne - 9 - 13 - 36
Not sure they will rocket up the ladder as some have suggested and I have feeling they will have to take a step back before going forward into the Top 8. All over the park you see youth and potential but at some point they will run into trouble if certain players don't perform. Not sure on their ability to kick goals. Their draw isn't as easy as made out, accordingly I have them in 11th.

12 - North Melbourne - 9 - 13 - 36
The reason for not having them in the top 8 is because I am not sold on their midfield. After Harvey and Swallow the midfield is quite young and in expierienced along with their tough draw. Adams, Bastinac, Cunnington, etc. are a bit of a unknown in high pressure situations and whether they will be able to stand up when a finals berth is on the line is debatable. Up forward and back they are very strong and the ruck combo is as good as any other. They should be looking to add midfield skill and speed in this draft period.

13 - Gold Coast - 7 - 15 - 28
They will struggle in their first season but will have enough top end quality to get some wins at home and against lolwly teams. The forward line will be a problem and they will struggle to kick scores against the good defences. Have them getting 7 wins in their first season which IMO sounds about right.

14 - Richmond 5 - 17 - 20
Have a bucketload of potential and will be looking for finals footy in the not too distant future. They are probably one step behind the teams in positions 9 - 12 and should be a team who on their day can challenge most teams. Their midfield is shaping up as one of the best and with Riewoldt up forward they are in good shape. The defence and ruck will need some work and look for them to draft this way. I think I have done Richmond no favours at all and I expect them to definetly surpass 20 points but I just couldn't find games which I thought they would win.

15 - Essendon - 5 - 17 - 20
James Hird has no coaching expeirince and alot of problems to fix, this is not an ideal situation for the club. The KPP talent is there but the midfield after Watson is just not up to scratch. Will need to add alot of mid quality in the upcoming drafts to become competitive.

16 - Brisbane - 5 - 17 - 20
Really not sure whether the coach, team moral or lack of quality will be there downfall next year. It could be a combination of all three, with the players not having faith in Vossy, the club or the other players. They are stairing at the abyss and with the compromised drafts coming they may tumble straight down.

17 - West Coast 4 - 18 - 16
The depth and their coaching staff is really bad and they will struggle outside of WA to get wins. Will need their midfielders to step up with the likes Shuey, Swift, Selwood and Ebert all needing to have breakout years.
LeCras and Kennedy will need service to kick them winning scores.

Rip it to shreds.

Easily the best gameplan and one of the best lists in the competition, will have Collingwood one step ahead of the pack in the H&A. Will dominate throughout the season, and will only drop games to the Top 4.

Despite now having missed out 3 times in 2 years they are simply the best of the rest. Have one year more of being a Top 2 team and will gradually slide down from there unless of some dramatic changes at Moorabin. Their fixture is quite nice hence the huge points amount.

I originally had them on the Cusp of the 8 but a strong trading period and the additions of Wallis and Liberatore have seen me change my opinion. Need to win this year, otherwise they are looking at more years of wait. They have a very nice draw and it should see them into the Top 4.

One of the harder teams to place Geelong have had a huge shift in terms of players and coaching staff and this could cause internal problems. They have the quality in their team to justify another year of contention but I think this great team are now past it and need to prepare there youth if they want to remain competitive.

Injuries permitting we should see the Dockers ascend into the Top 4 and put their premiership aspirations into 3rd Gear. The youth is one of the best in the competition and with Pavlich, Sandilands, Mundy and Duffield providing experience they will be in good stead for a few years to come.

6 - Sydney 14 - 8 - 56
This will be a stabalising year for the Swans with a new coach and captain. The Roos/Kirk era has left and now John Longmire has the reigns. The midfield youth is an exciting prospect for the Swans with Jack, Kennedy, Hannerbery and Jetta looking like guns of the future. The forward line will determine whether they are going to contend and they will rely on Bradshaw to kick at least 40 goals.

7 - Hawthorn 14 - 8 - 56
Another team which I struggled to find a spot for. What I liked is that they had a big clean out of their list and are looking for improvement in their list. The top end of their list is immense quality but it falls away very quickly. Could be anywhere in the top 8 and will be a big danger to the Top 4 come finals.

8 - Carlton 12 - 10 - 48
Once again I had trouble placing the Blues but the difference between 4 - 8 will be very small and I can see any of these teams advancing to a Preliminary Final. The midfield one again will be key for the Blues and the forward looks to have got its act together. Kreuzer and the backline will be the worried for the Blues, Kruezer is paramount to their success and without him firing they won't be able to match the top 4. The backline has been exposed on numerous occasions and will need to be fixed.

Had no idea where to put them but I have settled on 9th as suitable for the Crows. They will be looking to stabalize after a huge amount of players having left the club or retired. The forward line and backline is very solid and they have midfield stars in Thompson and Vince but there depth is lacking and I can see them being mid table for a year before another surge up the ladder. Quite surpised at their points score and how high it was but that's my view on their fixture.

Port have a decent list but I'm not sure from where the improvement will come from. There rucks are ageing and Brogan doesn't have long left before he hangs up the boots. Their backline is there strongest area and will be key to their success. The midfield and forward line are developing and have quality but not great depth. They will be a top 8 team circa 2012/3.

Not sure they will rocket up the ladder as some have suggested and I have feeling they will have to take a step back before going forward into the Top 8. All over the park you see youth and potential but at some point they will run into trouble if certain players don't perform. Not sure on their ability to kick goals. Their draw isn't as easy as made out, accordingly I have them in 11th.

The reason for not having them in the top 8 is because I am not sold on their midfield. After Harvey and Swallow the midfield is quite young and in expierienced along with their tough draw. Adams, Bastinac, Cunnington, etc. are a bit of a unknown in high pressure situations and whether they will be able to stand up when a finals berth is on the line is debatable. Up forward and back they are very strong and the ruck combo is as good as any other. They should be looking to add midfield skill and speed in this draft period.

They will struggle in their first season but will have enough top end quality to get some wins at home and against lolwly teams. The forward line will be a problem and they will struggle to kick scores against the good defences. Have them getting 7 wins in their first season which IMO sounds about right.

Have a bucketload of potential and will be looking for finals footy in the not too distant future. They are probably one step behind the teams in positions 9 - 12 and should be a team who on their day can challenge most teams. Their midfield is shaping up as one of the best and with Riewoldt up forward they are in good shape. The defence and ruck will need some work and look for them to draft this way. I think I have done Richmond no favours at all and I expect them to definetly surpass 20 points but I just couldn't find games which I thought they would win.

James Hird has no coaching expeirince and alot of problems to fix, this is not an ideal situation for the club. The KPP talent is there but the midfield after Watson is just not up to scratch. Will need to add alot of mid quality in the upcoming drafts to become competitive.

Really not sure whether the coach, team moral or lack of quality will be there downfall next year. It could be a combination of all three, with the players not having faith in Vossy, the club or the other players. They are stairing at the abyss and with the compromised drafts coming they may tumble straight down.

The depth and their coaching staff is really bad and they will struggle outside of WA to get wins. Will need their midfielders to step up with the likes Shuey, Swift, Selwood and Ebert all needing to have breakout years.

Rip it to shreds.

Not sure if a drammatic change at Moorabbin will help, no one will be there.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. St Kilda
5. Western Bulldogs
6. West Coast
7. Fremantle
8. North Melbourne

---------------------

9. Geelong
10. Melbourne
11. Sydney
12. Adelaide
13. Port Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Essendon
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

mmmmmmmm might look like a mindless one-eyed Eagles supporter.

But its nice to dream

Before it is closed.
And divide.
So eg. 800 ladders.
Therefore finishing 4th.

Good idea.

Get to it.

I'm in the process of doing it, thou time consuming. Hopefully will get it done before the thread is closed... :rolleyes:

1. St Kilda
2. Collingwood
3. Hawthorn
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. Adelaide
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Carlton

9. Melbourne
10. Essendon
11. Brisbane Lions
12. Sydney
13. Richmond
14. West Coast
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne
17. Port Adelaide

6 - Sydney 14 - 8 - 56

7 - Hawthorn 14 - 8 - 56

8 - Carlton 12 - 10 - 48

Rip it to shreds.
Yeah there's going to be no change to the final 8 from 2010 to 2011:rolleyes: Sydney contend? Contend for what 8th spot?

Yeah there's going to be no change to the final 8 from 2010 to 2011:rolleyes: Sydney contend? Contend for what 8th spot?
It's the year if it ever going to happen, the side who came 5-8 are all on the up and the Top 4 are still very strong compared to the bottom 8. I see no reason to have the same 8 from last year.

And yes as much as it hurts you Sydney will contend this year, we have clearly been the superior team since the 05-06 GF's. Have fun with consecutive spoons, and if you do manage to avoid it will be due to other teams being just that crap.

1. Hawthorn
2. Collingwood
3. Adelaide (not being biased)
4. St. Kilda
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Carlton
8. Bulldogs
9. Gold Coast (will be competitive)
10. Richmond
11. Sydney
12. Melbourne
13. North Melbourne
14. Port Adelaide
15. West Coast
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane

Cold Roast taking our spot i think not.:)

It's the year if it ever going to happen, the side who came 5-8 are all on the up and the Top 4 are still very strong compared to the bottom 8. I see no reason to have the same 8 from last year.

And yes as much as it hurts you Sydney will contend this year, we have clearly been the superior team since the 05-06 GF's. Have fun with consecutive spoons, and if you do manage to avoid it will be due to other teams being just that crap.
WC will make another grand final, let alone win one before Sydney does. Sydney are just like North a few years ago. A club going no where.

1.Collingwood
2.Dogs
3.Saints
4.Frem
5.Geel
6.Melb
7.N.Melb
8.Hawth
9.Syd
10.Carl
11.Port
12.Adel