10. Kangaroos
  11. Carlton
  12. Essendon
  13. Gold Coast
  14. Richmond
  15. West Coast
  16. Port Adelaide
  17. Brisbane

1. Collingwood: I think they will struggle early but get their act together late
2. Freo: Will win nearly all at Subi and should have enough improvement overall
3. St Kilda: Wont drop off much, will be similiar to this year
4. Sydney: A lot of key players will only get better next year and the older players still have a bit to offer
5. Geelong: Will still belt the bottom 8 sides but will come right back to the pack against the top 6 or so
6. Hawthorn: Still got enough top end talent to win a few but the weaker areas haven't been fixed
7. Adelaide: Can't possibly be as bad as this year
8. Carlton: Still middle of the road

9. Port Adelaide: Who knows what they'll do
10. Melbourne: Improve again but not quite there yet
11. North Melbourne: Still too reliant on older players, a couple more years off challenging
12. Richmond: Should be the last terrible year for a while
13. Gold Coast: Ablett and the unpredictable nature of their team should see them win a few
14. West Coast: Going nowhere fast
15. Essendon: Lucky Vossy's coaching, very ordinary list
16. Brisbane: You can't stuff a list up that badly and still keep winning, they need a miracle from Brown and Fevola

1. Collingwood: I think they will struggle early but get their act together late
2. Freo: Will win nearly all at Subi and should have enough improvement overall
3. St Kilda: Wont drop off much, will be similiar to this year
4. Sydney: A lot of key players will only get better next year and the older players still have a bit to offer
5. Geelong: Will still belt the bottom 8 sides but will come right back to the pack against the top 6 or so
6. Hawthorn: Still got enough top end talent to win a few but the weaker areas haven't been fixed
7. Adelaide: Can't possibly be as bad as this year
8. Carlton: Still middle of the road

9. Port Adelaide: Who knows what they'll do
10. Melbourne: Improve again but not quite there yet
11. North Melbourne: Still too reliant on older players, a couple more years off challenging
12. Richmond: Should be the last terrible year for a while
13. Gold Coast: Ablett and the unpredictable nature of their team should see them win a few
14. West Coast: Going nowhere fast
15. Essendon: Lucky Vossy's coaching, very ordinary list
16. Brisbane: You can't stuff a list up that badly and still keep winning, they need a miracle from Brown and Fevola

You seem to be missing a team, the one listed as yours actually!

1. Collingwood 20W 2L 149%
2. Sydney 17W 5L 132%
3. Western Bulldogs 17W 5L 127%
4. Geelong 15W 7L 124%
5. Hawthorn 14W 7L 1D 111%
6. St Kilda 14W 8L 115%
7. Fremantle 13W 9L 107%
8. Melbourne 12W 9L 1D 104%
9. Carlton 12W 10L 99%
10. North Melbourne 10W 12L 96%
11. Richmond 10W 12L 84%
12. Port Adelaide 9W 13L 94%
13. Essendon 9W 13L 89%
14. Adelaide 9W 13L 88%
15. Brisbane Lions 8W 13L 1D 85%
16. Gold Coast 6W 16L 79%
17. West Coast 5W 16L 1D 72%

1. Collingwood Magpies
2. Fremantle Dockers
3. Melbourne Demons
4. Sydney Swans

---
5. St.Kilda
6. North Melbourne
7. Hawthorn Hawks
8. Carlton Blues

-----
9. Geelong Cats
10. Western Bulldogs
11.Richmond Tigers
12. West Coast Eagles
13. Port Adelaide Power
14. Gold Coast SUNS
15. Adelaide Crows
16. Brisbane Lions
17. Essendon Bombers

Extra Comments
Collingwood Magpies = I think that 2010 was just a preview of what this Magpies side is capable of. Still a young side that should stay around the 4 for years to come. 2nd consecutive Premiership in 2011 :thumbsu:

Fremantle Dockers = They made the leap to finals in 2010, which was a big surprise to many. A young side that is rapidly improving and is ready to make the jump to the 4 in 2011.

Melbourne Demons = Some might say that it's obscure putting the Demons up so high on the ladder, but usually the most unpredicted things happen and I'm sure that they are capable of a top 4 birth.

Sydney Swans = The Swans are very underrated, some people don't even know they only just missed out on the 4 this year and were only 4 points away from a preliminary final berth. Kieren Jack will lead the Swans to a top 4 birth.

St.Kilda = I think they will start off slow, 3 wins from 8 games? But progressively get better as the year wears on. Still a chance to get there 2nd premiership, but it's going to be much harder for them from 2011 onwards...

North Melbourne = If I'm not mistaken, I'm quite sure that they are the youngest side in the comp? Anyway, North Melbourne are just like Sydney, except even more underrated then the swans. But 2011 will make teams start to notice what North Melbourne is capable of.

Hawthorn Hawks = If I was doing this prediction a month ago, I would of put Hawthorn much higher on the list, maybe a top 4. They they lack speed IMO, which I'd say is going to be the only thing that holds them back from finishing higher. Give them a couple years, need to get some speedy youngsters in.

Carlton Blues = You want to know my honest opinion? They are overrated. Highly. Most think they will jump to the 4 in 2011, but I just don't see anything appealing about their list. They are a good side, no doubts about that, but they aren't as good as there cracked up to be IMO.

So that concludes the top 8.

Geelong Cats = The only reason they aren't in the top 8 on this list is because I believe they will try to pump some games into youngsters. The new coach will obviously want to start his own empire, and will use the older players as tutors to the younger ones.

Western Bulldogs = They will begin to lose confidence. Retirements, delistings, and a lot like Geelong will start to play some youngsters.

Richmond Tigers = Probably overrating them a bit, but they are capable of finishing around this area.

West Coast Eagles = IMO they aren't as bad as everyone thinks. Will improve in 2011.

Port Adelaide = Not much to say about port. I think they could possibly have a top 8 finish, POSSIBLY. Another underrated team IMO, and could catch a lot of teams off by guard. Home games will help boost there wins.

Gold Coast SUNS = I'm not quite sure if I''m underrating them, or overrating them. Not much to judge on yet, but with the players they will pick up in the draft I'm sure they could be competitive.

Adelaide Crows = A lot like Port Adelaide. Capable of making the 8, just don't think they will though. Probably placing them way to low and overrating them.

Brisbane Lions = Crazy Vossy has f***ed this list up, and can't see them progressing any further than a bottom 4 finish.

Essendon Bombers = Are rebuilding, but could finish higher with some of the players already on the list, unless Hird wants a clean out.

1. StKilda - Will have a similar year to this year. If Nick plays the full year will look stronger.
2. Western Bulldogs - Will have a better year than this, dont write them off just yet.
3. Collingwood - Will have another strong year, can see injuries hurting them at some point.
4. Geelong - Ablett wont be missed too much, quality midfield which should be as strong without him.
5. Adelaide - Could finish anywhere from 4th to 12th. Alot of good youth coming through, though not sure if there is enough quantity of quality there.
6. Fremantle - Will win most games at home, will struggle slightly away from home again. Will finish top 8.
7. Port Adelaide - Like every year, we could finish from 4th to 16th. If Boak, Gray, Hartlett can stay on the field we will be much stronger.
8. North Melbourne - Alot of nice youth coming through and should continue to improve.
9. Hawthorn - Plenty of quality, just not sure if they have enough coverage to make the 8.
10. Melbourne - Will push for finals with their quality starting to really shine through.
11. Sydney - Could go anywhere I think, just cant see them making the 8.
12. Richmond - Similar to Melbourne.
13. Carlton - Same old Carlton.
14. Gold Coast - Better than most think they will be, needs a bit of time to grow into a strong team.
15. Essendon - Spuds, Lucky there are two bigger spuds. Hird will be a very interesting story.
16. West Coast - Desiree Potato.
17. Brisbane - Mashed Potato cooked by Chef 'Crazy' Vossy.

Extra Comments

North Melbourne = If I'm not mistaken, I'm quite sure that they are the youngest side in the comp? Anyway, North Melbourne are just like Sydney, except even more underrated then the swans. But 2011 will make teams start to notice what North Melbourne is capable of.

Richmond have the youngest list, but this year Essendon frequently fielded the youngest team

in terms of list age i believe it Richmond, WCE, Melbourne, North, Ess..... (looked this up middle of the year so can't remember exactly)

Interesting on the youngest team thing. Us recruiting Richardson and McKinley will probably up our average age a bit, but both have plenty of footy ahead of them and could/should play plenty of footy next season.

Richo in particular will be a revelation IMO. But overall, the best 22 will be very young. I think that older guys like Pratt, McMahon and Edwards will struggle for games.

1. Hawthorn (RISERS) :mad:
2. Collingwood (CONSISTENT):D
3. Fremantle (A ERA MAY BEGIN IN 2011)
4. St.Kilda (NOT ENOUGH GOOD SIDES TO CHALLENGE SO THEY'LL TAKE 4TH)
5. Geelong (STILL A GOOD LIST JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH)
6. North Melbourne (THERE COMING)
7. Sydney (REBUILDING A FORCE)
8. Adelaide (THEYLL WIN 9 OR 10 OF THERE 13 GAMES IN ADELAIDE, AND A COUPLE AWAY THAT MEANS 8TH):p

9. Melbourne (JUST GETTING GAMES IN THERE YOUNG LIST)
10. Carlton (THEY WILL FINALLY SEE WHAT ALL OF US SEE)
11. Gold Coast (TIPSTERS WORST NIGHTMARE IN 2011)
12 Western Bulldogs (SLIDERS):eek:
13. Richmond (RESPECTABLE YOUNG TEAM ON THE RISE)
14. West Coast (AS ABOVE)
15. Port Adelaide (LOL)
16. Brisbane (AS ABOVE)
17. Essendon (WOODEN SPOONERS) :D

Richmond have the youngest list, but this year Essendon frequently fielded the youngest team

in terms of list age i believe it Richmond, WCE, Melbourne, North, Ess..... (looked this up middle of the year so can't remember exactly)
Richmond had the youngest list for 2010. It is likely to have changed now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond had the youngest list for 2010. It is likely to have changed now.

Eagles fielded the youngest side ever this year i believe. Average age was 21.

Richmond has the youngest list by a couple days over wce last year but wce played the youngest the majority of the year due to injuries to all the senior players.

I think Wce will be the youngest side this year excluding GC. Then richmond or essendon.

amazing that people think Richmond and WCE will finish above us and have more talent then us

Good luck with them predictions :thumbsu:

Definitely think that richmond and wce have more talent than port and will be the better teams over the next decade. Port will probably finish higher this year however as they have a much more experienced list.

Upset much with how others rate your team? Maybe you should stay away from forums so your feelings dont get hurt :p

You know what the funny thing is clobba? After all is said and done, the history books will show that both our sides did not win the premiership this year, and that is all that counts.

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
St Kilda
North
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Melbourne
Carlton
Sydney
Richmond
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
West Coast
Essendon
Brisbane

I think Wce will be the youngest side this year excluding GC. Then richmond or essendon.

You mean next year? Possibly so.

The Crows have had four over-thirty players retire, plus another just-under-30 retire, and Bock defect who is 28 or thereabouts. They could loose up to sixty years there (difference between the total age of the outgoing and incoming players), and of course they have thirty players advance by one year, so the average could come down by as much as a year.

Now considering that WCE, Richmond or Essendon did not lose anything like sixty years in retirements from their lists, and that their existing youngsters will also age by a year, then you might imagine that the average age for their lists might go up a little for 2011.

According to the following data (circa December 2009), that would put the Crows list average age for 2011 in the same age range as those you mentioned.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11344

You mean next year? Possibly so.

The Crows have had four over-thirty players retire, plus another just-under-30 retire, and Bock defect who is 28 or thereabouts. They could loose up to sixty years there, and of course have thirty players advance by one year, so the average could come down by as much as a year.

Now considering that WCE, Richmond or Essendon did not lose anything like sixty years in retirements from their lists, and that their existing youngsters will also age by a year, then you might imagine that the average age for their lists might go up a little for 2011.

According to the following data (circa December 2009), that would put the Crows list average age for 2011 in the same age range as those you mentioned.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11344

Doubt it. Apparently You guys are only adding 2 draftees this year. age will probably stay about level.

Wce could get younger still. I hope we do. We are adding 4 players through the draft.
hansen will probably retire, Jones' spot is also in trouble.
Lost mckinley and probably spangher who at 23 were older than most of our players.

dogs
st kilda
Fremantle
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide
Gold Coast?
Hawthorn
Sydney
Melbourne
Richmond
Carlton
Nth Melb
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
West coast
Essendon

collingwood
fremantle
st kilda
hawthorn
geelong
bulldogs
sydney
melbourne
north
carlton
adelaide
port
richmond
essendon
gold coast
brisbane

daylight

WEST COAST

grand final-collingwood v fremantle

premiers-collingwood

norm smith-steele sidebottom

coleman-pavlich

brownlow-michael barlow

rising star-swallow

Doubt it. Apparently You guys are only adding 2 draftees this year. age will probably stay about level.

Wce could get younger still. I hope we do. We are adding 4 players through the draft.
hansen will probably retire, Jones' spot is also in trouble.
Lost mckinley and probably spangher who at 23 were older than most of our players.
The change in average age is affected by the difference in total age of the incoming and outgoing players. The Crows have eight outgoing players ... Goodwin, McLeod, Edwards, Burton, Bock, Hentschel, Griffin and Jacky.

Incoming players so far are Tambling (25) and Jacobs (23). The Crows will promote four players from their rookie list, and so choose another four even younger players to replenish their rookie list ... probably resulting in a zero net change there. Finally the Crows will have two draft picks ... possibly also both young players perhaps 17 or 18.

This will be a very, very significant loss of years form the total age of the Crows list, but it will be offset by 30 retained players aging by one year each. Perhaps there will as much as 38 years total net loss, divided by 38 players on the list, bringing the average age down by an estimated 1 year from the value it was in 2010.

The only way to bring the average down is to have a number of older players leave, and replace them with much younger players ... the wider the difference in age, the more dramatic the effect. This is precisely what is happening for the Crows list between this year and next. It is not however happening for Richmond, WCE and Essendon.

PS: If WCE did indeed loose "mckinley and probably spangher who at 23 were older than most of our players" ... that is a world apart from the Crows losing Goodwin, Edwards, McLeod and Burton who averaged about 33 between them. That is four Crows players to be replaced by another four up to 15 years younger ... 60 years there alone.

collingwood
fremantle
st kilda
hawthorn
geelong
bulldogs
sydney
melbourne
north
carlton
adelaide
port
richmond
essendon
gold coast
brisbane

daylight

WEST COAST

grand final-collingwood v fremantle

premiers-collingwood

norm smith-steele sidebottom

coleman-pavlich

brownlow-michael barlow

rising star-swallow

Lol not after that leg break. You'll be lucky if he plays more than 11 games.

Interesting. Early 2009 Carlton were bookmakers' favourites for the 2011 Premiership. Though the astute judges scoffed at that prediction.

give us a spell will ya stop talking ur sh@t so can u tell me who is favorite for the flag in 2014 what an egg fair dinkum:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back