2011 Rds 1-2 Scores & General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 1 Scores & General Chat

2161. Pretty happy with it seeing I will have Bock and Toy on my field next week instead of Duigan and Lower/Otten. And Irons in the midfield will be replaced by Harris. Waite, Foley and Harvey underperformed. And Goodes and Buddy I'm expecting more out of.

Re: Round 1 Scores & General Chat

2247 from me..not too happy, but I'm not gonna dwell on it too much.

Wasn't very happy with my picks of grundy and boyd..n I blame only myself, not gonna waste any trades just yet.

Really wish I put swanny in the mix, such a beast!

Round 2 - Preview, Scores & In-Game Discussion

SuperCoach Preview – Round 2

Fixture (all times local)

Friday, April 1
St Kilda vs Richmond (MCG) @ 7:40pm
Saturday, April 2
North Melbourne vs Collingwood (Etihad) @ 2:10pm
Port Adelaide vs West Coast (AAMI) @ 2:40pm
Gold Coast vs Carlton (Gabba) @ 6:50pm
Fremantle vs Geelong (Paterson) @ 5:40pm
Sunday, April 3
Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane (Etihad) @ 1:10pm
Sydney vs Essendon (ANZ) @ 2:10pm
Hawthorn vs Melbourne (MCG) @ 4:40pm

Teams

Click here for your final 22-man squads as they come through (Courtesy of AFL.com.au)

Captain’s Corner

1. Dane Swan (COLL)
Has started this season where he left off in 2010, pumping out a mammoth 166 points against Port Adelaide last week. Some had concerns as to whether the triple Copeland Trophy winner could begin his frenetic scoring from as early as round one, but with three goals it seems the reduced interchange bench could, believe it or not, enhance Swan’s scoring capabilities. Where he was once interchanged, 2011 could see him spend a lot more time resting as a forward. For that reason, I see no need to take the captaincy off the triple Copeland Trophy winner, given that he’s averaged 128 at Etihad Stadium (2010-11) and his last two scores against the Kangaroos have been a pair of 127s. The only way I could see him displaced as your SuperCoach captain is if you have the next candidate in your side...

2. Brendon Goddard (STK)
Despite that ultra-defensive game against the Cats in Round One, Goddard managed to muster 119 SuperCoach points. Even if he’d had a poor game last week, his record against Richmond alone would bring him into captaincy contention. Goddard’s last three outings against the Tigers have netted scores of 144, 188 and 121, and he’s averaged 131 against the boys from Punt Rd since the start of 2008! It’s no surprise that he loves playing at Etihad too; where he averaged 134 last year. The Saints will be looking to bounce back after last week’s disappointing result, so look out for a big one from the #1 2002 draft pick.

3. Chris Judd (CARL)
This Saturday night will mark two big occasions on the 2011 fixture. For one, Carlton skipper Chris Judd will notch up his 200th senior AFL game (have there been a more electric first two-hundred games?) Secondly, it will mark the official debut of the league’s newest franchise – the Gold Coast Suns – into the competition. While it should be a big night for football fans, it could also be a substantial night for Judd (or any Carlton midfielder for that matter), in terms of SuperCoach scoring. Having only played them once during the pre-season for a score of 110, it’s difficult to factor Judd’s prior history against the Suns into your captaincy decision. However, there are a couple of other indicators that point to a potential Judd scoring spree. For starters, Judd’s last two outings at the Gabba have netted 139 & 163 points. Secondly, the Carlton captain loves milestone games. For his 100th game, he pumped out 117 points against the Western Bulldogs, while his 150th saw him collect 123 points against the Bombers. Finally, given that most SuperCoachers will be tossing up between Goddard & Swan choice this week, Judd could be that unique captaincy choice that gets you over the line in a tight league match.

4. Nick Dal Santo (STK)
Surprisingly in less than 4% of SuperCoach teams this season, if you’re one of the 13,665 people who have Nicky Dal in your side, you’ll be very pleased to hear the following. Since the start of 2008, the smooth moving midfielder has averaged a whopping 136 against the Tigers, including scores of 147, 128 and 170. Ignore his sub-par preseason scores, the Saints are a top four side, and Dal Santo is a crucial cog in their midfield machine. One of the best SuperCoach players in the game’s short history, get on NDS if you have him!

5. Aaron Sandilands (FREM)
The big man from the West is another player you should strongly consider for captaincy duties this week. His last four scores against Geelong – during H&A fixtures – include 108, 140, 84 & 172 for an average of 126. In addition, he averaged 115 at the newly named Patterson Stadium (formerly Subiaco) throughout last year. Coming off 137 last week, get on the big man if you’re after a unique, but solid captain choice.

Jack Riewoldt (RICH) *Smokie Selection
Keen to roll the dice on an easy league opponent this week? Then Jumpin’ Jack is your man! Richmond played St. Kilda twice last season, with Riewoldt kicking six goals (for 120 SC points) and seven goals (159 SC points) respectively. Also looks set for another great year, after scoring 122 last week. Making him captain would be a risky move, but one that could reap massive dividends.

Injured Premiums

1. Jonathan Brown
Perhaps the most horrific head/facial injury we’ll see this year, Jonathan Brown’s subsequent absence will force SuperCoachers to make a decision regarding his replacement. Here are two likely candidates:

Cyril Rioli (HAW) – Looks as though he’ll be spending more time in the midfield this season, and doesn’t need a load of touches to rack up big SuperCoach numbers, as evidenced by his 117-point game from only 22 touches on the weekend. I wouldn’t be concerned about Hodge’s return affecting his on-ball time, as the new sub rule will allow midfielders to be rested in either the forward or backlines and vice versa.

Brad Green (MELB) – Durable and hard working, Green played in every one of Melbourne’s 22 games last season. Despite his pre-season prediction of more time in forward line, injuries to midfielders Cale Morton & Tom Scully mean that Green will have to spend more time in the Demons’ midfield rotations, which should mean more SC points. Knows where the goals are too, having kicked 55 majors in 2010. Lock him in for 80-85 points each week.

2. Joel Selwood
With major question marks over whether he’ll play on the weekend, I’m inclined to suggest Selwood owners should trade out the Geelong midfielder regardless of whether he plays or not, given he’s set for a massive price drop after round three – unless he scores a pair of 180s this week and the next. Your plans should be to then bring him back in after Geelong’s first bye in round 6, when he should be available at a much cheaper price. If you wish to do that, here are two great trade options:

Marc Murphy (CARL) – Mr Consistent in the midfield. If my records are correct, the #1 draft pick has missed just the one game since debuting back in 2007, which makes him one of the most durable and reliable players in the competition. Add to that, there were only three occasions last season where he didn’t register a 90+ score. Averaged 112 in 2010, so something around that mark is very attainable for this season.

Jimmy Bartel (GEEL) – Another great option is Selwood’s Brownlow-winning team mate. Gary Ablett’s departure to GC17 should spell more midfield time for Bartel, and he showed signs of his best last week against the Saints with a SuperCoach score of 123. That, coupled with a juicy price tag of $497,000 equates to a very tempting proposition for those looking to trade out Selwood.

Talking Points/Checklist
  • Don’t be afraid to keep some of your Gold Coast players on the bench this week, given the exceptional round one scores of some rookie-priced players in Lower, Heppell, Tapscott, etc.
  • Be sure to tune into news outlets at 5pm so you’re up to date with selection and team news.
  • Don’t forget to sub out any Adelaide players from your side this week, as they have the bye.
Good Luck this week, hope your team wins!

p.s. There will be mroe in next week's preview, such as rookie watch, who's in form, etc

Re: Round 2 - Preview, Scores & In-Game Discussion

Exotic captain selection this week....Colin Sylvia. Loves us, and i expect 150+ from him

Is anyone actually seriously considering trading Selwood this week and bringing him in after round 6?

I just don't know if it's going to be worth 2 trades..... Though I guess, in theory, it's only worth 1 trade if you were planning on upgrading another of your midfielders to a premium around round 6 or 7 anyway.... Hmmm

Is anyone actually seriously considering trading Selwood this week and bringing him in after round 6?

I just don't know if it's going to be worth 2 trades..... Though I guess, in theory, it's only worth 1 trade if you were planning on upgrading another of your midfielders to a premium around round 6 or 7 anyway.... Hmmm

I always find that I have unlimited trades left at the end of the year so, trading someone out and back in again over the space of 4 weeks because they are going to miss one game and loose some value is always the way to go.... :D

Round 2 Scores & General Chat

Half Time

ST. KILDA

D.Armitage 80
N.Dal Santo 75
S.Milne 68
N.Riewoldt 67
J.Gram 66
B.Goddard 64
B.McEvoy 64
S.Fisher 63
L.Hayes 63
J.Gwilt 36
L.Montagna 33
R.Gamble 31
F.Ray 28
B.Peake 24
Z.Dawson 20
J.Blake 19
S.Baker 18
R.Clarke 18
D.Archer 16
S.Dempster 11
S.Gilbert 10
C.Jones 0

RICHMOND

D.Martin 73
S.Grigg 66
B.Deledio 64
T.Vickery 53
D.Jackson 52
J.King 47
T.Cotchin 46
D.Connors 43
M.Morton 35
C.Newman 32
B.Houli 31
R.Nahas 29
A.Graham 29
S.Edwards 28
R.Conca 23
J.Batchelor 23
N.Foley 21
D.Astbury 20
L.McGuane 19
Mat.White 19
B.Helbig 17
J.Riewoldt 0

J. Riewoldt out with a concussion.

ST KILDA v RICHMOND
Three-quarter time scores
ST. KILDA

D.Armitage 113
N.Dal Santo 104
S.Fisher 97
B.McEvoy 92
S.Milne 89
B.Goddard 79
J.Gram 73
N.Riewoldt 65
L.Hayes 63
J.Gwilt 62
B.Peake 51
L.Montagna 47
R.Gamble 46
Z.Dawson 44
F.Ray 41
J.Blake 36
S.Dempster 35
S.Gilbert 32
D.Archer 30
S.Baker 30
R.Clarke 28
C.Jones 7

RICHMOND

B.Deledio 95
C.Newman 89
D.Martin 84
T.Vickery 81
S.Grigg 79
D.Jackson 69
D.Connors 67
T.Cotchin 62
J.King 61
Mat.White 54
A.Graham 54
M.Morton 53
R.Nahas 47
N.Foley 47
B.Helbig 46
S.Edwards 45
B.Houli 44
L.McGuane 43
R.Conca 33
J.Batchelor 28
D.Astbury 25
J.Riewoldt 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if they closed the whole "emergency score counting if a player scores 0" loophole?

On one hand I have JR, but due to some sort of oversight, forgot to select prestia as an emergency anyway (Other 2 players are Crows).

Bad luck for me either way I guess, sigh.

Young deledio, that is why I picked you.

Hope roo chimes in with a couple of clutch goals.

I was tossing up between gaff and conca for my 6th mid, chose gaff. Looks a good call at the moment.

ST KILDA v RICHMOND
Full-time scores

ST. KILDA

S.Milne 133
D.Armitage 126
S.Fisher 121
N.Dal Santo 108
B.Goddard 104
B.McEvoy 104
L.Montagna 97
N.Riewoldt 87
J.Gram 72
J.Blake 66
J.Gwilt 64
F.Ray 64
S.Gilbert 61
Z.Dawson 60
S.Dempster 54
R.Gamble 53
L.Hayes 51
B.Peake 49
D.Archer 49
C.Jones 46
S.Baker 42
R.Clarke 35

RICHMOND

D.Jackson 144
B.Deledio 135
C.Newman 131
S.Grigg 125
D.Martin 95
T.Cotchin 82
N.Foley 82
A.Graham 78
S.Edwards 75
L.McGuane 72
D.Connors 70
M.Morton 67
T.Vickery 67
J.King 64
R.Nahas 60
R.Conca 50
Mat.White 49
B.Houli 47
B.Helbig 47
J.Batchelor 46
D.Astbury 41
J.Riewoldt 0

Don't understand why HS post the scores when they aren't finalised.

100 for Montagna surprised me. Thought he had a dog of a game until a last quarter rush. I'll gladly take it.

Deledio a star and huge bounce back after last week.

Already over 400 which is a great start.

Re: Round 2 Scores & General Chat

4/433.

Roo, Goddard, Montagna, Deledio.

Not brilliant given those names but will take it. Joey was doing my head in all night, happy he managed to get to 100 in the end.

Re: Round 2 Scores & General Chat

3/269 Goddard , Riewoldt and Gwilt

Now i could've sworn D HARRIS wasnt named for GC on the footy show last night so i swapped hin for SWALLOW.......cue Harris having 40 touches and Swallow doing a knee 10 secs in :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back