VFL 2011 Sandringham Zebras News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

when saints moved from casey to sandy, wasn't the alighnment supposed to work diferently? Did not Lyon or the saints say that they would work together?

and how come noone complained about the alighnment in the 2 years?

If I (as an outsider) saw many problems with the way the Saints managed the relationship, then you should be able to imagine what the core Zebs would have thought behind closed doors.

I thought Lyon showed complete disdain for the relationship, but this probably wasn't much different to his approach to players outside his top 25.

To their credit (and in the knowledge that - financially - they need the alignment) the Sandringham people were very diplomatic throughout.

And it was Melbourne who walked away from Sandy. after originally going early on an alignment - whilst the Saints kept a VFL team for a bit longer and missed out on an alignment with a local club. But the partnership with Casey was never considered a strong one, so I guess it worked for all parties.

My brother is doing preseason at Sandy, so I shall try to get as much info as I can out of him. Unfortunately, he is rather vague.

He told me that they were all spoken to by Chris Pelchen and Scott Watters, and were told that Saints players aren't getting priority anymore, and spots in the firsts are based solely on performance and not reputations. He said Pelchen was getting rather animated. He mentioned something about Raph turning up to a game 30 minutes before it started and not knowing the other players.

The brother also mentioned that Marigliani killed the 2km time trial, with a time of 2:27 or something like that.

The brother also mentioned that Marigliani killed the 2km time trial, with a time of 2:27 or something like that.

2.27????? I think he's having a lend of you there!!!!! Might have been a 1km.

My brother is doing preseason at Sandy, so I shall try to get as much info as I can out of him. Unfortunately, he is rather vague.

He told me that they were all spoken to by Chris Pelchen and Scott Watters, and were told that Saints players aren't getting priority anymore, and spots in the firsts are based solely on performance and not reputations. He said Pelchen was getting rather animated. He mentioned something about Raph turning up to a game 30 minutes before it started and not knowing the other players.

Well now we have a source you had better be real careful ILL. Knock but the requests for dates, ignore the anonymous proposals of true and undying love. Just keep feeding the beast that demands inside knowledge.

Any chance of letting us know who your brother is so we can get on his band wagon??????:)
:)

Gah, typo by myself! Meant 6:27, it was definetly a 2km. Also, congratulations on becoming a moderator guide!

That's better. Good stuff and thanks for the well wishes.

Well now we have a source you had better be real careful ILL. Knock but the requests for dates, ignore the anonymous proposals of true and undying love. Just keep feeding the beast that demands inside knowledge.

Any chance of letting us know who your brother is so we can get on his band wagon??????:)
:)

Haha Karma, I shall feed Bigfooty every single piece of information I recieve!
His name is Harley Mackenzie, he loves the Saints and is at Sandy to ultimately play for us. Fingers crossed :)

Haha Karma, I shall feed Bigfooty every single piece of information I recieve!
His name is Harley Mackenzie, he loves the Saints and is at Sandy to ultimately play for us. Fingers crossed :)

Aha! I know you know twitter follower. Can we nickname you Frenchy?!

Any chance of someone putting up a Harley Mackenzie thread, bio, footage, etc. We have to get ILL's brother drafted.
couple of comments in this thread
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535360&page=4

quote :
watch out for harley mackenzie, charleston, matson lynch and abbers

quote:
:thumbsu:ryan kelly is a gun mate he made a good move spotty are skum and shit and those players you named are good but charlston is over rated and not even dominating anymore lynch is good but i wouldn't rate harley mackenzie and is abbers playing i herd he wasn't ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by AFC LOVE
ryan kelly is a gun mate he made a good move spotty are skum and shit and those players you named are good but charlston is over rated and not even dominating anymore lynch is good but i wouldn't rate harley mackenzie and is abbers playing i herd he wasn't ?
Well mate
ryan kelly is a good player, when he's not a bunny
but harley mackenzie will dominate, he's a freak
not sure bout abbers actually, depends on his body i guess?
charleston always dominates top age, but maybe people are catchin up to him?
and matson lynch is a goood player, hopefully he steps up this year
and
spotswood football club make altona look like bunnies mate
the reason we get called scum and shit by people from other clubs, is cos we are so good, and we can call ourselves a real football club

Any chance of someone putting up a Harley Mackenzie thread, bio, footage, etc. We have to get ILL's brother drafted.

No can do on that front as I'm cooking dinner, I can fill the undying love sentiments though, just let me grab my banjo... :D

Met a kid (and his coach) on Friday night who is apparently going to be the next big thing.

He is 15, tall as hell, plays in the ruck, has an awesome vertical leap and has been drafted by the Stingrays.

They called him Kouta. Said he wanted to be drafted by Sandy/Saints as they were on the up (even though he barracked for the Filth).

Now they could have been pulling my leg as the beers were flowing but anyone heard of this kid??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Met a kid (and his coach) on Friday night who is apparently going to be the next big thing.

He is 15, tall as hell, plays in the ruck, has an awesome vertical leap and has been drafted by the Stingrays.

They called him Kouta. Said he wanted to be drafted by Sandy/Saints as they were on the up (even though he barracked for the Filt15 yeRsh).

Now they could have been pulling my leg as the beers were flowing but anyone heard of this kid??

15 years old and getting smashed with the coach? Not sure we'd want him.

For those who have interest (Dore would be a loss, and I didn't mind Wade as a VFL player):

Some good signings from the Zebs with former Murray Bushranger captain
Brendan Allen signing for 2012. Brendan had a year off football after not being picked up in the draft to get his real estate licence.

Beau Dowler has also signed at Sandringham and is doing 5 weeks of pre-season training with St Kilda in hopes of reigniting an AFL career.

Michael Lourey (has) ... recommitted to the Zebs for 2012.

David Gallagher has also signed for what will be his tenth year at Sandy.

Brett Dore is still undecided on his footy for 2012 he will make a decision early next year.

Cathcart, Boland & Ferraro have made the move to the Collingwood VFL list whilst Matt Wade has taken a playing/assistant coaching role with Tooradin.

Rehab co-ordinator Andrew Schneider has also left to take the Strength and Conditioning job at Casey Scorpions.

2012 Practice Match Dates
Saturday March 3 – Home v Box Hill
Saturday March 10 – Home v Werribee
Saturday March 17 – Home v Port Melb

Haha just posted new thread with the 2012 practice match dates. Thought it would be good time to move onto 2012 :p

Haha just posted new thread with the 2012 practice match dates. Thought it would be good time to move onto 2012 :p

Nah, agree - the praccy games is definitely cause to move into 2012.

Although with a few guys leaving, there is a bit of 2011-related stuff too.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2011 Sandringham Zebras News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back