2011 Under 19's Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How does it eliminate the bye. North Heideleberg under 19s folding? have not heard anything official yet.
If it happens you are going to have the situation if both teams that had drawn against Heidelberg and North Heidelberg playing each other, one will not be able to pecede there senior teams each week.
Not the perfect scenario.
IS IT SUCH A BIG DEAL IF THE UNDER 19S DONT PLAY AT THE SAME GROUND AS THERE SENIORS TEAM?
It isnt such a big deal if they dont.. its a game of football and still playing for 4 points.

IS IT SUCH A BIG DEAL IF THE UNDER 19S DONT PLAY AT THE SAME GROUND AS THERE SENIORS TEAM?
It isnt such a big deal if they dont.. its a game of football and still playing for 4 points.

Club unity, senior peers, reserve top up, gate revenue, canteen revenue, senior support, trainers, time keepers, single game ground management, senior coaches being involved with development, travel, senior team support... mate i could go for days on this one, i don't even encourage training on a different night let alone playing games in a different suburb... it is huge alteration to club structure and operation... 4 points matters but a pathway for club development is just as important at this level... with the current transfer system in place there is little protection for clubs focused on development, building team unity and club culture is more important than ever. A staggered fixture forces the hand of clubs wanting to continue club tradition and relationship building, not individual team satisfaction... just my thoughts, i appreciate yours are for breaking up clubs in the interest of the 19 teams ablity for that year, just a difference in opinions... for me self-managed grading opens a can of worms on all sorts of levels and in-turn, forces the hand of clubs that do not agree...

Club unity, senior peers, reserve top up, gate revenue, canteen revenue, senior support, trainers, time keepers, single game ground management, senior coaches being involved with development, travel, senior team support... mate i could go for days on this one, i don't even encourage training on a different night let alone playing games in a different suburb... it is huge alteration to club structure and operation... 4 points matters but a pathway for club development is just as important at this level... with the current transfer system in place there is little protection for clubs focused on development, building team unity and club culture is more important than ever. A staggered fixture forces the hand of clubs wanting to continue club tradition and relationship building, not individual team satisfaction... just my thoughts, i appreciate yours are for breaking up clubs in the interest of the 19 teams ablity for that year, just a difference in opinions... for me self-managed grading opens a can of worms on all sorts of levels and in-turn, forces the hand of clubs that do not agree...
Lalor prez the eyes and ears of the world,what a load of crap.Had one to many Boags mate.

Lalor prez the eyes and ears of the world,what a load of crap.Had one to many Boags mate.

Ha ha, nah not having a beer at the moment but Boag's Premium would be a good choice if i was, i recommend you have one watching the big game tomoz... This is not a go at Heidelberg, John, the club, the fixture as it stands or any of that - it is what will happen if several teams start playing all over the place - if teams are allowed to grade themselves it opens up a lot of grey areas and clubs that do want to follow the senior team won't be able to due to fixturing... We did estimates on it last year as it was floated that our kids couldn't compete at 1st division level and that they should be dropped down - The costs add up and the logistics of it have to also be considered. We based a bit on Macleods experiences last year with a second side, moral at those single games was pretty low with every effort made made they guys at the club... being their early to see committee memebrs open up and get the ground ready for one game looked frustrating from an outsiders perspective... After staying in division 1 last year our kids stuck together, had two wins for the year coming in the second half and we have retained many of them for senior selection and reserve footy this year... it was building blocks from no team in 2009... Club unity, senior peers, reserve top up, gate revenue, canteen revenue, senior support, trainers, time keepers, single game ground management, senior coaches being involved with development, travel, senior team support... These were all things we had to consider last year - the previous message asked whats the difference if 19's play away from their seniors... they were my thoughts - crap as they may be... PURE WATERS.

Yeah thats great, and i agree with those points you make in bold, but if its for a one off occasion does it really matter?, and south morang and heidelberg are playing across the road at heidelberg west as south morang seniors are playing away against the hosts so there isnt the issue of setting up the ground ready for one game. if its a one off i dont see a problem. but if it happens in the future and teams are based in division upon skill then it will happen.
Look at the juniors now for instance, back in the day the 11s,13s,15s,and 17s would all play the same team at the same ground whilst the even numbered teams would play the same team at the other ground. but the difference between some age groups between the teams was huge, and now they are put in divisions based upon skill and provides a much more even competition.

Yeah thats great, and i agree with those points you make in bold, but if its for a one off occasion does it really matter?, and south morang and heidelberg are playing across the road at heidelberg west as south morang seniors are playing away against the hosts so there isnt the issue of setting up the ground ready for one game. if its a one off i dont see a problem. but if it happens in the future and teams are based in division upon skill then it will happen.
Look at the juniors now for instance, back in the day the 11s,13s,15s,and 17s would all play the same team at the same ground whilst the even numbered teams would play the same team at the other ground. but the difference between some age groups between the teams was huge, and now they are put in divisions based upon skill and provides a much more even competition.

Junior grading, well there's another one... I feel junior grading has Merritt on some levels. There are a lot of flaws with that as well which are felt at every club, smaller clubs really suffer with co-ordination and survival. I think that 19's are a development division for senior selection... Under 11's don't strive for potential 17's selection... As far as a one off occasion, it has ramifications for those surrounding and how do you now determine what other one off's should occur...?!? Bundoora 19's don't play for 3 weeks now, apart from Greensborough and mont all other clubs have lost two games for the year, some div 2 clubs don't want to play Heidelberg, what happens to the percentage in first division for those that didn't play Heidelberg, North host a game between Heidelberg v Hurstbridge - who opens up for that... it goes on but it's not the point i am making. This is not a swipe at Heidelberg; it just outlines what happens if grading for 19's is allowed to continue... It forces the hand unfairly of many. I don't belive that scoreboards should be the overriding factor here...

Happy to admit i was far from wrong here! :)

Eltham seem to have lifted a notch or two, have they picked up a few players?

Dunno mate, unfortunately I have not watched the 2nd side as they are always obviously away from the main games. Will be interesting when we play Heidelberg or North would the 2nd 19 side plays prior, would love to watch this side as well.

Yeah they must be doing something right as both 19 teams are undefeated.

Happy to admit i was far from wrong here! :)

Eltham seem to have lifted a notch or two, have they picked up a few players?

Yeah we have picked up a fair few from St Marys Yarra League under 17 premiership side from last year as well as Eltham NFL Under 17 premiership side as well as other boys from other clubs this has added to the u19s that did not go up to seniors. We have tremendous depth in this grade with well over 60 players available. Both sides have improved because of this

Dunno mate, unfortunately I have not watched the 2nd side as they are always obviously away from the main games. Will be interesting when we play Heidelberg or North would the 2nd 19 side plays prior, would love to watch this side as well.

Yeah they must be doing something right as both 19 teams are undefeated.

Unfortunatley the boys have drawn away games on those occassions (note though, that north played yesterday so that rumour is not exactly right at the moment).
The Heidelberg game they are just playing up the road at Diamond Creek so not too far to go. This game will be a reaL challenge. I have gone to the last two games and the Eltham Div 2 side is playing great team footy at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done to rezza's u/19s today played well and hard at it and kept there heads when there opposition were wanting to go the biff it shows what a bit of confidence does :thumbsu:

Rezza boys proving the critics wrong with back to back wins. A surprise package, I reckon.

A lot of people talking Ressa up too. 2 wins means stuff all, and s hardly proving the critics wrong, especially when they have been against two typically weak sides in recent years.

reg in a way your right 2 sides who havent been top 5 side but considering the 19s hadnt won a game since 07 credit given where credit is due and is good for the boys. thoughts reg?

reg in a way your right 2 sides who havent been top 5 side but considering the 19s hadnt won a game since 07 credit given where credit is due and is good for the boys. thoughts reg?

Oh definitely credit where credit is due. You still have to win the game, no matter who it's against. I played against Ressa in the Watsonia game and was very impressed with their run, persistence and selflessness (compared to previous Ressa teams). Definitely not a team to take lightly BUT i don't think they were ever tipped for a win-less season again this year. I definitely expected them to win a few games so until they start taking some big scalps, their critics' opinions are still justified I suppose. for now anyway. :rolleyes:

Well only seems fair is heidelberg got dropped they did as they were both in the same boat.
My only question about it tho... is how did the fixture get passed.....?
i had a look at it last night and just curious how some sides plays others 3 times and dont play some teams once at all during the season...

Whats peoples thoughts on the division 2 19s being cut in half to make 3 divisions. so there would be 8 in division 1, 7 in division 2 and 6 in division 3.
as it currently is there is 8 in division 1 and 13 teams in division 2

Well only seems fair is heidelberg got dropped they did as they were both in the same boat.
My only question about it tho... is how did the fixture get passed.....?
i had a look at it last night and just curious how some sides plays others 3 times and dont play some teams once at all during the season...

NFL are plain and simple idiots. They just don't think before they do, and the fixture is a plain example of this. We play the same 5-6 times 2-3 times each. Now games vs Lower, Diamo, Thomo, Lalor, etc. While im very happy bout this, it's just unfair to the rest of the league.

Whats peoples thoughts on the division 2 19s being cut in half to make 3 divisions. so there would be 8 in division 1, 7 in division 2 and 6 in division 3.
as it currently is there is 8 in division 1 and 13 teams in division 2

I said in the pre-season this year that exactly this should be how the U9s should be. 13 teams in one league is just way too many (unless you play 12 teams once & 6 teams twice). BUT this should only be done next year, far too much confusion to do it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Under 19's Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back