2012 List Management - Drafts, Trading and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much hope it is and that we manage to snare two of them :)

If Viney is taken with either #2 or #3, I'm starting to lean towards not bidding for MD#1 unless we can get both MD#1 and MD#2 with pick#5, or we get the GWS/WB/Richmond trade talked about earlier.

Our picks 5 and 6 look very valuable now if they are effectively made picks 4 and 5 by the Viney bidding - your odds of picking two A-graders are getting pretty good.

Thought i'd pop in with my two bobs worth.
- Great to read that Anderson would be added in on that deal, would think that Richmond will add something to their pick 9 to make GWS happy, but i reckon it could be one of their good young key defenders actually. They'd hate it but wouldn't be surprised to see Griffiths go. Who knows, maybe it will just be Nahas.
- I think people are selling Jed short a bit here, i reckon he could have gone anywhere from 5-20. Has a lot going for him and played really well in the championships. Great to see he goes for the dogs.
Igloo re: Koby Stevens article and talk of getting in a Tom Bell or him. As Macca has said, we're open to the idea of bringing in some young talent that had been in a system for a while and may be ready for some more work to put in. We won't be after anyone over 25 we should be pretty confident of that. I don't think it's a bad sign because it's the benefit of having Jmac at the club. He knows every kid in the land from his old job so it should be fine.
- i think Stringers a huge chance at pick 9. These are the players i think could go ahead of him: Whit, Tuomp, Viney, Grundy, Macrae, Wines, O Rourke, Mayes and there's always a chance that someone is a bolter and that a team targets a Plowman or Jaksch due to needs. Regardless we'll have a chance at one of those kids if Stringer's gone anyway.
My dream draft is: Martin, Anderson and (IN ORDER) Stringer, Wines, Macrae

Based on Kevin "Shifter" Sheehan's assessment of Hogan at the Draft Camp, I think he's the one we should be going after in the first place.

Massive Centre Half Forward who can run all day with mega agility. A Wayne Carey type player.

Something this club's NEVER had.

Like Hawthorn did with Franklin, i hope this year we get the best amount of luck with these 2 picks !
If all the top 6 or so players are pretty close in ability, I just hope that whoever we take with 5 & 6 end up to be gun players for a change and pretty much the best of the whole bunch!

Couldnt care less if we trade picks to upgrade etc, i just hope to God that we have a huge amount of luck compared to other teams.. And i hope we pick up strong big bodied players, whether they are key position or midfielders. No more scrawny kids like the Farren Ray types

I am praying for a bumper draft for us across all picks because God knows we need it ..

If a deal similar to the proposes three way trade with Richmond goes ahead, I'd much prefer Hogan to pick 9. Jed (first rounder who is highly rated and supports the dogs) and Martin and Hogan. That's a great result for picks 5 and 6, plus we get another tough inside player in Hunter with our second or third round pick. Huge win IMO.

GWS would then have picks 1, 5, 6, and 9 in the first round and whatever Richmond adds (eg Nahas)

I would then be hoping we can trade off a few of our fringe players for a few pick upgrades... Use our other third rounder for Toy, upgrade our fourth to another third and see if we can't score another pick under 60 by using Sherman, Marko or Grant..

How about Pick 5 and 6 for MD1, MD2 and pick 9 using the Richmond scenario?
Don't worry about Anderson and probably have Richmond throw a sweetener in for GWS?

Picks 5 and 6 for Martin, Anderson and pick 9 is very ideal for us IMO. GWS also get a sweetener from Richmond. Still got a great chance of landing a Mayes/O'Rourke/Stringer at 9.

Still keen on Toy and one of Bell/Stevens/Gysberts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I place Andersons worth around pick 15, Martin i think would be top 3 next year however i disagree with the consensus on this board that he would be clear number 1, not to mention god forbid he has a freak injury in the next year. So basically is pick 1-3 (with risky involved) + 9 + 15 worth pick 5 + 6?

This draft is a crucial one as you all know it could make our club imagine: Martin/Wines/Anderson/2nd Rounder/Hunter/Stevens

Couldnt care less if we trade picks to upgrade etc, i just hope to God that we have a huge amount of luck compared to other teams.. And i hope we pick up strong big bodied players, whether they are key position or midfielders. No more scrawny kids like the Farren Ray types

i agree, was really happy when the club took clay last year.

And

Would like to get Hogan though

I did consider both those players - you'd hardly compare them with Carey though.

Both relatively rangy types.

Carey was a big, barrel chested bastard who tore teams to shreds single handedly.

Much as I love the turtle - those things he wasn't.

Should go in the list management thread, but apparantly both have stated a desire to come to us. Josh Toy, despite he's run at GC was an amazing junior and Stevens was a priority pick in 2008 who could never crack the team. Both have oodles of talent and are strong types who will make our midfield a cracker in years to come With Dahl, Wally, Libba, Clay, Chicken and Griff. Any chance we could get both? A second pick is what i heard we're offering GC (who desperately need to cull their list) but what would we give for stevens?

Not sure i would be happy if we gave GC our 2nd rounder for Toy although if GC didn't have those concessions Toy was hyped as a top 3 prospect in his draft so clearly GC aren't getting the best out of him.

Should go in the list management thread, but apparantly both have stated a desire to come to us. Josh Toy, despite he's run at GC was an amazing junior and Stevens was a priority pick in 2008 who could never crack the team. Both have oodles of talent and are strong types who will make our midfield a cracker in years to come With Dahl, Wally, Libba, Clay, Chicken and Griff. Any chance we could get both? A second pick is what i heard we're offering GC (who desperately need to cull their list) but what would we give for stevens?
Correct :thumbsu:

edit: and no way will we give a 2nd round pick for Toy. I'll be horrified if we do.

No way we offer our second rounder for toy.

And I'm firmly in the "vote no on koby Stevens" camp. I just don't think he is going to be a player that might make us elite at any stage.

Tom bell I get. Toy has an elite level skill set so he's worth a flyer. But Stevens is just so vanilla in my opinion. Not for me

Ok this is doing my head in! When is the mini draft? I can't handle this we should get Jack Martin for this we should get Jack Martin for that!

When is the bloody MD!

Apparently Lachie Hunter grew up supporting Essendon. Not that its really relevant just odd for a F/S recruit

Good to read that Jack Martin is also keen to move to which ever club takes him next year. Be such a bonus for us to have him in AFL condition by round 1 2014

We can start dealing with the giants on Monday to secure a MD pick, we've got until the 23rd to get it done. the actual day of the MD is the 26th.

So there is still plenty of time for both speculation and our heads to explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back