2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player X v Player Y

hahaha, yeah don't let me stop you. From what i keep hearing from the top guys, they say "go with your gut" so i think you're right to do that.

I've had my team locked for a while, but can't help but fiddle. Noticed i didn't have any Geelong players, so worked out i could drop Swan to Watson (with Ablett, Pendles and Boyd also in the mid) and upgrade Gray to SJ...pretty sure i'll keep Swan as i think it's just silly not to have him, but it's mighty tempting!

Really trying to fit Palmer into my starting side as my 5th mid instead of McDonald. Cant see anyway to do it except the following

S Johnson, Scotland, Lake, McDonald
v
M Robinson, Birchall, Marty Clarke, Palmer

I think option 1 takes the cake quite easily there. Hrrmmm back to the drawing board.

What are your thoughts on his chances to play round 1 now, considering he got named in the 22 that played last week ahead of guys like Wingard, Rodan and Carlisle.

Those three all had niggles. When those 3, Hartlett and Cassisi come back into the side we're going to have to drop a few from last week's side, and Pfeiffer will probably be one.

FTR, here's what I think Port's Round 1 side will look like:
B: J. Surjan, A. Carlile, T. Chaplin
HB: P. Stewart, J. Trengove, D. Pearce
C: H. Hartlett, D. Cassisi, B. Ebert
HF: J. Westhoff, D. Stewart, J. McCarthy
F: C. Wingard, J. Schulz, J. Butcher
R: J. Redden, T. Boak, R. Gray
Int: T. Logan, C. O'Shea, K. Cornes
Emg: D. Rodan

The italicized ones aren't locks and might be replaced by any of Matthew Broadbent, Matt Thomas, Steven Salopek, Darren Pfeiffer, Brent Renouf, Ben Jacobs or Mitch Banner in that order of likelihood.

Hartlett and Cassisi didn't play against Melbourne either.

Pittard is returning from hamstring injury, would be at least 2-3 weeks of solid SANFL form from returning.

So why did Port Adelaide announce that he's upgraded today if he was only recruited as a depth player?

Waters & Porps V Hargrave & Danger?

Hargrave and Danger gives you a touch more flexibility. Waters could be shoved forward on occassions if not for the most of the season. Hargrave and Danger don't come without their risks either though but perhaps more upside with them...

Jacobs v McEvoy

First time i've considered not going a Cox/Mumford combo, who do you like better and why? Both nice draws early, both you would think would improve on last years ave as well as both their teams should improve this year. Both have little comp in the ruck as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why did Port Adelaide announce that he's upgraded today if he was only recruited as a depth player?

I suspect he might play round 1 but I don't think he is in our best 22. That's my opinion but its probably not the same as Matty Primus'!

Has Lee Spurr (who was taken before Pfieffer) been upgraded? Perhaps he was recruited as a depth player :eek: Perhaps the draft had been r*ped and pillaged by GWS and there were only scraps left?

I agree, i think Pfeiffer is an absolute certainty to play round 1 with his early promotion.

However having a look at Ports best side when fully fit i don't think he fits in.

What position has he been playing for port?

Ziebellion said:
I agree, i think Pfeiffer is an absolute certainty to play round 1 with his early promotion.

However having a look at Ports best side when fully fit i don't think he fits in.

There's probably 2 injured guys who would be in our best side, Matthew Lobbe and Jasper Pittard. If Lobbe comes into the side, he'll replace a tall, so that won't affect Pfeiffer either way. So you think Pfeiffer is 'an absolutely certainty to play Round 1' but as soon as one guy comes back into the side he'll be out?

There's probably 2 injured guys who would be in our best side, Matthew Lobbe and Jasper Pittard. If Lobbe comes into the side, he'll replace a tall, so that won't affect Pfeiffer either way. So you think Pfeiffer is 'an absolutely certainty to play Round 1' but as soon as one guy comes back into the side he'll be out?

If he puts in a good performance he'll stay, he's certainly right on the cusp.

Port will get more injuries throughout the year so he might get a few reprieves...?

My 4 rookie fwds are Smith, Kennedy, Hall and Dickson, but really not confident with 3 of those 4 haha - be great to put Pfeiffer in there, but again, won't be done with confidence.

IMO Waters and Gray, but a lot would say the latter.

I just don't think Heppell is a certainty to average over 90 like everyone else does, and I'm also sceptical about the Dangerfield love...

How about Carrazzo and Cripps vs Lake and J. Roo vs Rookie and Stevie J/?

Porplyzia or Jamie Cripps?

i'd have to say porps but neither would be ideal in your forward line. cripps because of his lack of JS (and perhaps scoring ability) and porplzyure because of his lack of durability. i would be more confident in porps scoring ability though ..but having said that i think his best season he only managed a 75 average. this is good for his price (if he can stay fit)

Jobe Watson & Krezuer & swan & old macdonald (No. 1 ruck)

v

Rhyce Palmer & mumford & pendlebury & coniglio

thoughts would be great? cheers

i'd have to say porps but neither would be ideal in your forward line. cripps because of his lack of JS (and perhaps scoring ability) and porplzyure because of his lack of durability. i would be more confident in porps scoring ability though ..but having said that i think his best season he only managed a 75 average. this is good for his price (if he can stay fit)

Jobe Watson & Krezuer & swan & old macdonald (No. 1 ruck)

v

Rhyce Palmer & mumford & pendlebury & coniglio

thoughts would be great? cheers
palmer will suffer at the loss of tom scully
and watson could step it up this season but depending how his hammy holds up, so id say the first one

thompson vs murphy?

thompson, but really both premiums wont make much of a difference, all about bye structure with about 10 of the super premiums.

Carazzo vs Birchall? both have same bye, only can have one.

tough one. Birchall because hes in a better team, and is cheaper?

Barlow vs montagna vs hayes

thompson, but really both premiums wont make much of a difference, all about bye structure with about 10 of the super premiums.

Carazzo vs Birchall? both have same bye, only can have one.

I have Birchall in my team so I would say him. Being a Hawks fan as well, I have noticed that he might be freed up a bit more and he is a great reader of the play, so when he has a chance to get forward he will.

Having said that I think Carazzo will play more midfield but he might get a tagging role some games which will effect his scoring.

But my vedict is still Birchall.

Mine is: M.Clarke & Boyd/Selwood/Murphy vs G.Broughton & B.Ebert

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back