11. Adelaide
12. Melbourne
13. Gold Coast Suns
14. St. Kilda
15. Brisbane
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Port
18. GWS

This ladder is going to end up so horribly wrong to the real one at the conclusion of 2012, ah well gave it my best shot

1. Geelong - Just cant see them declining, will finish in the Top 4.
2. Hawthorn - I rate them, but not sure if they will finish this high. 2-6 imo.
3. Collingwood - Will be towards, if not top again. Wont win the Grand Final.
4. Carlton - Another strong year from Carlton, wont make an impact come Finals.
5. Sydney - Constancy from Sydney gets them finishing in the Top 8.
6. North Melbourne - Will finish between 6th and 14th.
7. West Coast - Relies upon Cox, but with NicNat coming through shouldn't drop off after this year.
8. Fremantle - Sandilands may struggle, but I feel that they have enough coverage to just make the 8.

9. Melbourne - Just miss out again.
10. Essendon - Cant see them making the finals, just dont rate them.
11. Richmond - Similar to Melbourne but will only just miss out on the 8, with a Game or Two separating 8th and 11th.
12. Bulldogs - The Bulldogs round off the rest of the 12th-17th who I cant see making an impact in the 8 though if any of them were to - it would be the Bulldogs.
13. Port Adelaide - Will improve slightly compared to last year with a couple more wins. Need a couple more years to show anything like a Top 8 side though.
14. Adelaide - On a similar level to Port, but Adelaide teams should be decent in a few years time, give Sanderson a couple of years to develop their list.
15. Gold Coast - Improvers from this year, with a couple more wins on the board.
16. Brisbane - Just cant see what they are building to be honest.
17. St Kilda - Really dont rate them, certainties to not make the 8.
18. Greater Western Sydney - Lock in.

Premiers: Geelong
NAB Cup: Hawthorn
Grand Finalists: Geelong/Hawthorn
Brownlow: Adam Goodes
Coleman: Buddy Franklin

A trend I've noticed, and I'm genuinely curious - why do the vast majority of posters believe Essendon will regress next season? The biggest problem Hirdy inherited was the incompetence of the fitness staff, which he's already gone some lengths to addressing. And when you consider the upside in players like Hurley, Pears, Heppell, Zaharakis, Bellchambers, et al... well, I don't quite understand the general view.

I love the slight bias from supporters in which every team that finished 9-13 this year, there team is there the team that will sneak into the 8 and all the others that are on the same playing field will decline.

1.Collingwood
2.Hawthorn
3.Geelong
4.Carlton
5.Fremantle
6.West Coast
7.Essendon
8.Sydney
9.Melbourne
10.Richmond
11.North Melbourne
12.Adelaide
13.St Kilda
14.Brisbane
15.Gold Coast
16.Western Bulldogs
17.Port Adelaide
18.GWS

A trend I've noticed, and I'm genuinely curious - why do the vast majority of posters believe Essendon will regress next season? The biggest problem Hirdy inherited was the incompetence of the fitness staff, which he's already gone some lengths to addressing. And when you consider the upside in players like Hurley, Pears, Heppell, Zaharakis, Bellchambers, et al... well, I don't quite understand the general view.

I think most here have got it right

But I do feel Essendon will scrap into the 8
West coast could really go anywhere between 4-10

You can't be serious?:eek:

You do realise which team you support?

Certainly do.

The Melbourne Football Club. The oldest club in the league and the founders of Australian Rules football.

Melbourne: 12 premierships - South Melbourne/Sydney: 4 premierships

Watch us own you in 2012.

1. Geelong/Hawthorn
2. Hawthorn/Geelong
3. Carlton
4. Collingwood
5. West Coast
6. North Melbourne
7. Sydney
8. Richmond
9. Brisbane
10. Adelaide
11. Fremantle
12. Essendon
13. Port Adelaide
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. West Coast
4. Carlton
5. Geelong
6. Adelaide
7. Fremantle
8. Brisbane
9. Sydney
10. Melbourne
11. Western Bulldogs
12. North Melbourne
13. Essendon
14. Gold Coast
15. Port Adelaide
16. St Kilda
17. Richmond
18. Greater Western Sydney

After H/A season:

1. Hawthorn (Have the list, the coach and now the drive)
2. Carlton (Call it bias if you like)
3. Collingwood (Coaching changeover, retirements, tactical makeover will be required)
4. Geelong (Injuries will affect their H/A form and they will drop a few they shouldn't)
5. Fremantle (Unlucky finish after a strong year)
6. Brisbane (Surprise packet for season 2012. I like their kids, and Brown won't give up quite yet)
7. Richmond (I'm tipping they finally make it into the 8, it's been coming long enough)
8. North Melbourne (Deserved it this year, and will make it next year, but I feel they may scrape in as opposed to storm)
9. West Coast ( 2011 was a little but of a flash in the pan for mine, older players are injury prone and I just can't see them getting the same run)
10. Sydney (Eventually they have to fall out of the top 8, but hasn't it been a good run from the Swans?)
11. St Kilda (It will all be too much in the end. Coaching drama will affect the off-season, and they will suffer as more players fade)
12. Essendon (Just don't rate their smalls. Watson is a gun but after that he has handy support, but not enough class)
13. Western Bulldogs ( Re-building time, but still so much quality floating around, won't bottom out)
14. Gold Coast (will give some good teams a real scare, sneaky chance for finals mid-year but then fade as the younger bodies tire)
15. Adelaide (The exodus hurts their depth, the coaching change their playing cohesion, tough year ahead)
16. Port Adelaide (I'll be damned if I rule them out of making an impact, but it is a re-building phase)
17. Melbourne (Won't use their compensation this year, but build out of next years draft, will end up[ with a good spread of talent in 3-4 years time, patience is the key)
18. Greater Western Sydney (Hasn't got an Ablett to do wonders, will struggle, records will be threatened)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geelong
collingwood
hawthorn
carlton
fremantle
sydney
west coast
north melbourne
essendon
richmond
adelaide
st kilda
melbourne
brisbane
western bulldogs
gold coast
port adelaide
gws

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Carlton
West Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
Richmond
Melbourne
Sydney
Essendon
St.Kilda
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
GWS

After H/A season:

1. Hawthorn (Have the list, the coach and now the drive)
2. Carlton (Call it bias if you like)
3. Collingwood (Coaching changeover, retirements, tactical makeover will be required)
4. Geelong (Injuries will affect their H/A form and they will drop a few they shouldn't)
5. Fremantle (Unlucky finish after a strong year)
6. Brisbane (Surprise packet for season 2012. I like their kids, and Brown won't give up quite yet)
7. Richmond (I'm tipping they finally make it into the 8, it's been coming long enough)
8. North Melbourne (Deserved it this year, and will make it next year, but I feel they may scrape in as opposed to storm)
9. West Coast ( 2011 was a little but of a flash in the pan for mine, older players are injury prone and I just can't see them getting the same run)
10. Sydney (Eventually they have to fall out of the top 8, but hasn't it been a good run from the Swans?)
11. St Kilda (It will all be too much in the end. Coaching drama will affect the off-season, and they will suffer as more players fade)
12. Essendon (Just don't rate their smalls. Watson is a gun but after that he has handy support, but not enough class)
13. Western Bulldogs ( Re-building time, but still so much quality floating around, won't bottom out)
14. Gold Coast (will give some good teams a real scare, sneaky chance for finals mid-year but then fade as the younger bodies tire)
15. Adelaide (The exodus hurts their depth, the coaching change their playing cohesion, tough year ahead)
16. Port Adelaide (I'll be damned if I rule them out of making an impact, but it is a re-building phase)
17. Melbourne (Won't use their compensation this year, but build out of next years draft, will end up[ with a good spread of talent in 3-4 years time, patience is the key)
18. Greater Western Sydney (Hasn't got an Ablett to do wonders, will struggle, records will be threatened)

Besides pies and blues swap IMO this is a pretty creative list which is good.

I mean every year people make predictions and slightly shuffle teams around but if you compare ladders season to season there are always massive shifts. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. West Coast
7. Sydney
8. Adelaide
-------------
9. North
10. Richmond
11. Saints
12. Essendon
13. Melbourne
14. GC
15. Doggies
16. Port
17. GWS

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. West Coast
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. Essendon
7. Richmond
8. North Melbourne
----------------------------
9. Sydney
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Carlton
12. St.Kilda
13. Brisbane
14. Melbourne
15. Adelaide
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. Greater Western Sydney

1 Geelong
2 Hawthorn
3 Carlton
4 Collingwood
5 Essendon
6 Sydney
7 West Coast
8 North Melbourne

9 Melbourne
10 Richmond
11 Brisbane
12 Fremantle
13 St.Kilda
14 Adelaide
15 Western Bulldogs
16 Gold Coast
17 Port Adelaide
18 GWS

With the continued development of young sides, I really do think next year will be one of the best/ most equal seasons in a long while. Can't wait already....

1. Geelong/Hawthorn
2. Hawthorn/Geelong
3. Carlton
4. Collingwood
5. West Coast
6. North Melbourne
7. Sydney
8. Richmond
9. Brisbane
10. Adelaide
11. Fremantle
12. Essendon
13. Port Adelaide
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

Don't mind that one either :thumbsu::thumbsu:

1. Hawthorn
2. Carlton
3. West Coast
4. Geelong
5. Collingwood
6. Sydney
7. North Melbourne
8. Richmond
--------------------
9. Essendon
10. Brisbane
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Fremantle
13. Gold Coast
14. Adelaide
15. St Kilda
16. Port Adelaide
17. GWS

NAB Cup - Essendon
Premiership - Hawthorn
Brownlow - M. Murphy
Coleman - Franklin
Melbourne going out of business? :eek:

For me I still think you'll make finals. But it all depends on how you recruit. I still think you midfield is poles apart from the best, fix that (by all means recruiting some older, experienced bodies) then there is no reason why you can't be pushing for top-4.

As you said, with a new fitness staff the sky is the limit. People only need to rewind their memories back to the start of the year where Essendon were seemingly unbeatable with fresh legs and a hardened game plan.

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane
8. North Melbourne
------------------------------------
9. Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. St Kilda