VFL 2012 Sandringham Zebras News & Discussion Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL SCORE

Sandringham: 14.10.94
Port Melbourne: 18.16.124

Goals: Coleman 2, Ray 2, Polo 2, Minchington 2, Cripps, Archer, Cook, Dunell, Curren
exciting game. sorry we lost.
great updates as usual thanks thunda.
who were our best players in your opinion?

exciting game. sorry we lost.
great updates as usual thanks thunda.
who were our best players in your opinion?

No worries mate.

Dunell, Curren, Dowler, Ray, Cripps, Simpkin i reckon our best. But loved Markworth & Ferguson's games. Markworth has really grown in last 3 weeks

Jeez im excited to see what Daniel Markworth can do in year or 2. Has come of age in last 3 weeks. Exciting prospect indeed

Tom Simpkin had better of Galea today. Kept him goalless after qtr time. 2 of Galea's 3 goals werent result of Simpkin, 1 was 50m penalty against Marigliani & other was softest hands in back you'll ever witness! His 1%'s are awesome.Should be in Saints side for sure.

Winmar, once again why the hell did we give him such long contract extension!

Was set up for Archer to show what he can do and really put hand up to stay on rookie list next year, but failed in big way.

Forgot to say Tom Curren standout once again destroying arguably VFL's best in Shane Valenti. Then was released in final term and won ball and kicked goal himself.

Yeah Markworth is going to be an exciting player. Showing more every week. Seb Ross was pretty good as well I thought.

Winmar.. Not even sure why he was straight back into the seniors. He's a real worry.

I watched the game on TV. Great game by the Zebs BTW, Port are a really well drilled team.
Wev'e got some really good youth coming through from what I saw today. Dunnell, Markworth, Curren, Cripps even Ross who looks really raw, all look so encouraging. Add to that group Ledger who still has alot of improvement in him. I now know why he's not getting picked, he can get the ball in & under but panics a lot under pressure, but experience will fix that and he'll be a good player one day. Ferguson looks like a good big strong defender too. Great to see all this youth playing really well and playing competitive footy. On the other hand Archer and Winmar look like freeing spots on the list/rookie list at seasons end IMO.
We could have the fastest paced team in the league in 2 years time. Exciting.

First time I'd seen Minchington and liked what I saw from a physical and disposal point of view. Has a nice strong build already and I also loved the way he kicked the footy; both long (which sounded amazing on the effects mike- a real thump) and also when stabbing a kick for goal. Just looks to have one of those really good kicking techniques that you'd love everyone on your side to have.

Very impressed with what I saw of Dunell today as well. Took a bunch of marks up forward during the times I was watching. Will probably be fighting for a spot on the forward flank with Siposs and Markworth in years to come, though, which may be why they've played him back a fair bit (although we have plenty there too!).

I watched the game on TV. Great game by the Zebs BTW, Port are a really well drilled team.
Wev'e got some really good youth coming through from what I saw today. Dunnell, Markworth, Curren, Cripps even Ross who looks really raw, all look so encouraging. Add to that group Ledger who still has alot of improvement in him. I now know why he's not getting picked, he can get the ball in & under but panics a lot under pressure, but experience will fix that and he'll be a good player one day. Ferguson looks like a good big strong defender too. Great to see all this youth playing really well and playing competitive footy. On the other hand Archer and Winmar look like freeing spots on the list/rookie list at seasons end IMO.
With you on that one. Going to be fun to watch.

2012 AFL Vic Development League
Port Melbourne 1.7 7.10 10.11 13.16 (94)
Sandringham 1.4 2.7 7.11 12.13 (85)

GOALS:
Port Melbourne: Edmondson 3 Allan 3 Gale 2 Thornton Breust Bond Morris Weightman
Sandringham: Michaliades 2 Meehan 2 Lourey Stapleton Fallon Brown Stevens Beech Mavric Widdowson

BEST:
Port Melbourne: Gale Allan LANGFORD Wall Thornton Purcell
Sandringham: Mavric Lourey Beech Webster Shakallis Plostins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

god damn, our rookie list looks more fertile development ground than our senior list!!!!

by the sounds of it curren has basically kicked the door down to the senior list and is a certainty to be upgraded at year end.

dunnell and minchington sound like they are also starting to build a fairly decent argument on why they should be on the senior list.

the reports about markworth are exciting. what position has been playing in?

how has webster gone?

how was crocker in the dev squad?

Great feedback. Love to hear of how young guys are progressing. This is so positive for future.

Peakey reported for obscene gesture, might explain his earlier tweet!

Farren Ray 28 disposals & 2 goals
Brett Peake 25 disposals
Seb Ross 24 disposals

Farren Ray - "Scott Watters has encouraged me to work on a few areas of my game & bring them to a new level"

Man how exciting is it seeing players like Ross, Markworth and Newnes do well. After seeing Sippa, Cripps and Ledger do the same last year.

Is it just me or did this never happen in like...the previous 4 seasons :p Was just Armo and Jack dominating IIRC...

Brett Peake has accepted a reprimand in VFL after being charged with using an obscene gesture on Saturday.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...sID=60264&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19794977

Two time Liston Trophy medalist Shane Valenti was tagged by Tom Curren. Curren kept Valenti to fewer than ten disposals for the entire game.

In form forward Galea was held to three goals (all in the first term) by Tom Simpkin.

Myke Cook and Farren Ray again had standout games for Sandringham. Cook finished with 26 disposals and one goal, whilst Ray finished with 27 disposals and two goals.

Beau Dowler was strong down back, finishing with 23 disposals and helped stem the flow of Boroughs goals in the second and third quarters.

Sounds like Curren is pretty versatile, playing well in the midfield until being changed to a tagger a couple of weeks ago

Yep. I've heard Valenti barely racked up half a dozen possessions, so that's a second pasting in a row by Curren to his opponent. Great to have a tagger with a decent offensive side to his game.

Yep. I've heard Valenti barely racked up half a dozen possessions, so that's a second pasting in a row by Curren to his opponent. Great to have a tagger with a decent offensive side to his game.

At least Valenti didnt crack shits and whack Tommy behind play like that sook Couch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back