FB: Guerra Gibson Birchall

HB: Stratton Shoenmakers Burgoyne

C: Smith Mitchell Shiels

HF: Rioli Franklin Gunston

FF: Puopolo Hale Bruest

Foll: Bailey Hodge Lewis

Int: Whitecross, Ellis, Savage, Suckling

Just some notes

-cannot for the life of me find a spot for Tom Murphy in this team although I'm sure he'll still play round 1 somehow.
-I wish me had 2 puopolos, 1 to play in the forward pocket and one to play in the back pocket
-delist: bateman,morton,bruce
-also can't find a spot for Gilham barring injury - gilham, stratton, shoey, Birchall , Gibson seems too tall?

FB: Guerra Gilham Gibson

HB: Stratton Shoenmakers Birchall

C: Smith Mitchell Burgoyne

HF: Whitecross Franklin Gunston

FF: Lewis Roughead Rioli

Foll: Bailey Hodge Sewell

Int: Bruest, Shiels, Puopolo, Suckling

so i had to leave ellis out because he would be vying for a midfield spot.

The new back six

We almost have too many defenders now. Here's my back six with one interchange.

Stratton Gilham(?) Gibson
Birchall Schoenmakers Suckling

INT: Guerra

Question mark next to Gilham pending his return from knee injury . . . Stratton takes Murphy's spot. Boumann may come in from time to time against the taller forward lines.

Re: The new back six

Nice thread, I hope BIG BO gets plenty of games and turns into superman in the preseason, I can see it now, stratts, big bo and gibbo down back, rough nutts and buddy bonanza up the forward kicking a winning goal and kicking straight! When is the draw released? I want to see when we get another chance at the cats LMAO, Im a masochist!
Oh, yeh Im one of the ones that think that shoenmakers will improve, he had massive games this year he will just get better and everyone can eat their words, he will be awesome ) (i hope)

Murphy will now be able to play on the 5th and 6th defender as he should, so as long as he doesn't start the year slow Murphy should play close to every game next year.

Murphy Boumann/Gilham Gibson
Stratton Shoenmakers Birchall

Int: Guerra

Savage and Bruest?

Seems we have players coming from all over the place now, I really enjoyed Savage in the games I went to, particularly because he seems to just love the game like poppy does and wants the ball. I know he had injury concerns, but whats the chance of him particularly and Bruest getting back into the side seing as we have two new good players and also Bateman hasnt retired and Ruff comes back in. We seem to have a lot of depth now, too much? Cant have too much of agood thing I guess.... Its very exciting with Savage and Poppy playing together!

Re: Savage and Bruest?

Gunston won't push Breust out of the forward line, I think he probably takes Whitecross' spot and WhiteX goes into the midfield.

Savage's spot is not assured; he needs to get his early 2011 season form back, or improve on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunston won't push Breust out of the forward line, I think he probably takes Whitecross' spot and WhiteX goes into the midfield.

Savage's spot is not assured; he needs to get his early 2011 season form back, or improve on it.

I'd argue Bruest isn't in the forward line yet either. He's played some games there, but because others were missing. I haven't seen much of Gunston, I'm wondering what the defensive side of his game is like...

Both Suckling and Savage faded towards the end of their first real season in the senior side, Savage had his shoulder problems. They should be harder and tougher after the experience.

Interesting competition for spots both forward and back for 2012, which is a good thing. We need that for the midfield too.

I'd argue Bruest isn't in the forward line yet either. He's played some games there, but because others were missing. I haven't seen much of Gunston, I'm wondering what the defensive side of his game is like...

Both Suckling and Savage faded towards the end of their first real season in the senior side, Savage had his shoulder problems. They should be harder and tougher after the experience.

Interesting competition for spots both forward and back for 2012, which is a good thing. We need that for the midfield too.

I agree with the bolded part and it is a big reason why the Hawks couldn't get it done against the Cats and Pies in the end. Hawks need these guys to come on and still be playing good footy at the busniess end of the season next year. I though Bruest in particular was overwhelmed in the pies H&A game which continued into the finals and he needs to work on that.

FB: Guerra Gilham Gibson

HB: Stratton Shoenmakers Birchall

C: Smith Mitchell Burgoyne

HF: Whitecross Franklin Gunston

FF: Bruest Roughead Rioli

Foll: Bailey Hodge Lewis

Int: Ellis, Shiels, Puopolo, Suckling

I like it, however it seems as though you have left out the great man in Brad Sewell.

Murphy will now be able to play on the 5th and 6th defender as he should, so as long as he doesn't start the year slow Murphy should play close to every game next year.

Murphy Boumann/Gilham Gibson
Stratton Shoenmakers Birchall

Int: Guerra

But why don’t we just play Birchall, Guerra or Suckling on the 5th or 6th best forward. Usually when we are getting down the 5th or 6th best forward, they are not that great.

I feel our last spot in our backline comes down to Suckling and Murphy. And it really depends which way we want to go. Suckling is pretty much all offence, whilst Murphy is all defense. Personally I think we go with Suckling as we can cover Sucklings defensive deficiencies, with the rest of the backline.

Re: The "How's he tracking for 2012" mega thread.

I would be pretty disappointed if Bruest does not make our best 22 this year. He kicked 30 goals from limited opportunities, which is pretty bloody good.

There are obviously a few aspects of his game he needs to work on, but I think his positives out way his negatives.

I would love to see our forward line as this next year.

HF: J.Gunston - L.Franklin - S.Savage
FF: L.Bruest - J.Roughead - C.Rioli

A lot of goal kicking ability there, and all hard workers off the ball.

I see a lot of posters naming Boumann in their Best 22 come Round 1 2012; often at the expense of Schoey &/or Gilham.

Is this a bit of naive optimism or is there a chance he is actually AFL ready & part of the unit in 6 months time?

But why don’t we just play Birchall, Guerra or Suckling on the 5th or 6th best forward. Usually when we are getting down the 5th or 6th best forward, they are not that great.

I feel our last spot in our backline comes down to Suckling and Murphy. And it really depends which way we want to go. Suckling is pretty much all offence, whilst Murphy is all defense. Personally I think we go with Suckling as we can cover Sucklings defensive deficiencies, with the rest of the backline.

Clarko wouldn't have had Murphy captain the club in round 24 if he was that easierly removed from the 22...we want our defenders to defend, you said it yourself Murphy is the better defender...

Re: The "How's he tracking for 2012" mega thread.

My first thought would be that Gunston replaces Osborne. This also leaves a little bit extra midfield time for Whitecross/other forwards.

Team looking very very strong on paper, now just need to translate it into a great season performance and a premiership trophy;)

FB: Guerra Boumann/Gilham Stratton

HB: Birchall Schoenmakers Gibson

C: Burgoyne Mitchell Smith

HF: Gunston Franklin Hodge

FF: Rioli Roughead Puopolo

RUCKS: Bailey Sewell Lewis

Bench: Hale Whitecross Shiels SUB: Breust

Depth: Murphy, Gilham/Boumann, Osborne, Savage, Bateman, Bruce, Cheney, PJ, Young, Ellis, Suckling

I've found it really hard to squeeze in Ozzy, Murph, Sav and Suckling but no doubt they all have a place somehwere.:confused:

Question is, who would you take out of this side for them to replace????

What was up with Burgoyne, I thought he'd be playing as a pure midfielder for you when drafted. His clearance work is Elite up there with Judd and Ablett..would have liked him to have played more time in the mid than in the forward line or off HB!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2012 - your best 22's, your forward structures and team set-ups

Remove this Banner Ad

Back