2013 crowds thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They played in an indoor stadium rain has nothing to do with it well it shouldn't and it wasnt that bad like torrential rain....
Who knows what the turnout will be for bombers V dogs perhaps around 35k, the tiges v dogs got around 30K and pies v dogs 32K but as its essendons home ground too i think it will b around the 35K mark...
Last week u guys got 40K against port which was a terrific crowd....
You still have to get to the ground. Westher impacts crowds at Ethihad as well, you still have To get there! It's a Bulldogs home game, only Essendon die hards would be keen to part ways with their coin to watch a game that frankly has no appeal on a dreary late afternoon Sunday with a warm lounge room live on channel 7 an appealing alternative! I might be soft but Im not going there today and I don't miss many Melb games!

Richmond v GC - 11,197
Carlton v StKilda - 30,949
Brisbane v North - 18,131

The Cairns match was the highest of the three played there. All 3 games were basically sold out. Obviously a niche market that is well worth someone giving it a go next year now that Richmond are done.

18 thousand.. what the hell? looked way more then that

Bulldogs V Bombers -32,500

A decent crowds all things considered.

Same crowd as the Collingwood v Dogs game. Twighlight Sunday games will not get big crowds. People have work the next day but most importantly kids won't go due to school the next day.

Essendon played a twighlight game last week on Sunday a got 40,000 but that was only due to it being on school holidays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same crowd as the Collingwood v Dogs game. Twighlight Sunday games will not get big crowds. People have work the next day but most importantly kids won't go due to school the next day.

Essendon played a twighlight game last week on Sunday a got 40,000 but that was only due to it being on school holidays.
Richmond v St Kilda the week before last got 52,000 in the Sunday twilight. Depends whos playing and form. Its a right fickle timeslot.

That Collingwood v Dogs game was a Collingwood home game and I classed that as a poor crowd unlike this one which was a Doggies home game.

wasn't just school holidays Gopies. It may have contributed but that would be more than balanced out by unfavorable timeslot. The other factor is that I think we may forget how big a following the Bombers have and this game had a little bit riding on it so the Bomber faithful came out. Its a prohibitve venue Ethihad: it firces members to upgrade to a seat (not just rock up like at the G), Essendons many Essendon MCC abd AFl members decide not to go there yet they still draw most favorably at the venue Vs it's competitive set. At least the revenue would be taking care if itself in 2013.. Don't mention the expenses:)

Good crowd at SCG today. Far better than ANZ. Just hope common sense prevails and Skoda is used next year as well, it would be great to see it full/near full.

If both clubs had any brains they'd come to an agreement with each other to sell tickets to the other team's home derby by letting members tick a box on the membership form to buy a ticket to it. They both have the stadium capacity to allow for it.

On the Sunday Twilight Timeslot, what does everyone think Collingwood vs Essendon in Round 19 will draw? I'm seriously doubting anything over 70,000-75,000. Even if both teams don't lose a game between now and then.

On the Sunday Twilight Timeslot, what does everyone think Collingwood vs Essendon in Round 19 will draw? I'm seriously doubting anything over 70,000-75,000. Even if both teams don't lose a game between now and then.

You would imagine that the Pies will go in at 12-5 and the Bombers 13-4, with a top 4 spot on the line. If it is decent weather, it will be a sell out in the public reserve. Whether or not MCC members turn up and reserved seat members for both clubs, will decide how big the crowd is. 75,000 for that timeslot would be a massive result.

You would imagine that the Pies will go in at 12-5 and the Bombers 13-4, with a top 4 spot on the line. If it is decent weather, it will be a sell out in the public reserve. Whether or not MCC members turn up and reserved seat members for both clubs, will decide how big the crowd is. 75,000 for that timeslot would be a massive result.

The Collingwood v Essendon match in round 18 will pretty much depend on how many Collingwood members turn up as it will be a pies home game. This year all our home games at the mcg have gotten between 45-55,000 Collingwood fans. If say 45-50,000 Collingwood fans go to the twighlight game the crowd could get to 80,000!

I actually think at this stage the crowd will more likely be 70-75,000. What were the afl thinking having the two biggest clubs in the afl playing in the worst time slot. It the match was played on a Friday night, Saturday arvo or night the crowd would be between 85-90,000.

Might have been one off circumstances but sheedy and Hirds last game in Melbourne drew nearly 90k to a Sunday twilight game.

If the game is big enough which is what its shaping up as, the numbers should be big.

Might have been one off circumstances but sheedy and Hirds last game in Melbourne drew nearly 90k to a Sunday twilight game.

If the game is big enough which is what its shaping up as, the numbers should be big.

But in the last few years twighlight matches attendances have been crap! The game on a normal time slot would get minimum 85,000 but with it being a twighlight game I think 70,000 will only turn up.

Again since it is a Collingwood home game the crowd will heavily depend on how many Collingwood members turn up! If 50,000 pie fans turn up the crowd will get to 85,000 as I would expect Essendon as the away team would draw 30-35,000.

2013crowdsr16.png

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 crowds thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back