Oppo Camp 2013 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo are looming as a real chance, imagine Ross Lyon's smugness if they win it, they'll probably give him a 10 year contract extension too...please dont let it happpen!

If the Cats can't do it, it's Sydney again or noone
Didn't the Pies give Matthews a life time contract back when they won the flag in 1990?

I've been thinking about this in a rational and naturally evil way.

Dont rush the investigation.
Nail everyone possible.
So that means they play finals. Who cares. I'd love if we played them. They are candy.

Then unleash with what will be a stain forever.

Under all records
*Please note that Essendon did not compete in the 2014 season.

I wouldn't care what side it was, I'd want to see an ever lasting memory.
And the players all get 2 byes.

The Bombers get 24.

Exactly vinum coupe they are irrelevant this year will not make it past week 1 will play the pies at a guess and get blown away.

So now Hawks and Magpies play for the Beyond Blue Cup.

I guess we were a bit selfish.

I hope it didn't get them too depressed.

Gerard on 360 made the joke that it used to be played against Geelong but hawthorn obviously wanted a chance to actually win it so changed who they play it against :D

Freo are looming as a real chance, imagine Ross Lyon's smugness if they win it, they'll probably give him a 10 year contract extension too...please dont let it happpen!

If the Cats can't do it, it's Sydney again or noone

Sydney are the last team I want to win it. Firstly, it grates me that they are afforded league gifted advantages, particularly around the salary cap and home grown players. I really find this the most appalling thing the AFL does. Treats us all like mugs, it is not much to ask that they provide a level playing field.

Secondly, from a purely partisan point of view, I would not want Sydney to join us on three Flags in recent past.

It would be nice to see Freo win it and I would even support Hawthorn if it came down to it.

I think it is probably just best if Geelong get their act together and win it themselves. We are, after all, due after one long year in the wilderness.

I would have liked that post but you did state you would like to see hawks win a flag so id rather see you banzhammered, sorry.

Makes an interesting point though. Sydney's self-righteousness 'bloods culture' pisses everyone off - and as mentioned the salary cap concessions that allowed them to land Tippett for nothing.

Only think I really hate about the Hawks (other than 2008) is Clarkson.

I've been thinking about this in a rational and naturally evil way.

Dont rush the investigation.
Nail everyone possible.
So that means they play finals. Who cares. I'd love if we played them. They are candy.

Then unleash with what will be a stain forever.

Under all records
*Please note that Essendon did not compete in the 2014 season.

I wouldn't care what side it was, I'd want to see an ever lasting memory.
And the players all get 2 byes.

The Bombers get 24.

I've come around to the thinking that the Bombers won't lose points this year or next, or ever. There's just too much money involved from any angle you look at it.

However, the Don's will get it in the crotch with the loss of draft picks, for at least two years, and Hird and co. will be forced out of the game for the next two years, effective immediately. ie, no regular coaching staff during this years finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've come around to the thinking that the Bombers won't lose points this year or next, or ever. There's just too much money involved from any angle you look at it.

However, the Don's will get it in the crotch with the loss of draft picks, for at least two years, and Hird and co. will be forced out of the game for the next two years, effective immediately. ie, no regular coaching staff during this years finals.

I'll be stunned if they lose points. The AFL is not a sporting competition with any hint of ethics or integrity. It's a corrupt dictatorship obsessed with how much money it can gauge out of fans and television networks. The networks in turn, and the starstruck journalists who work for them, won't upset their star client by exposing the stories and less-than-savoury incidents they know occur. That's why star players have mystery injuries just long enough to get past drug penalty timelines. Why injunctions are taken out rather than expose the indiscretions of players and clubs. And why serial, systematic drugs cheating will be covered up, or at worse punished with a feather.

The "penalties" will be magically handed down the week after the Grand Final. Keeps footy in the news after the season - which is another thing the AFL is obsessed about - and 5-6 month punishments will strangely end just before next season starts. Purely by coincidence of course.

True, but it's an ultimatum and compromise the AFL can offer the Dons that allows the Bombers to stay on the park, while Hird fights his battle in the courts.

Never going to happen. Hird is the Bummbers, is the Kool-aid drinking faithful's mind, if that wasn't the case he'd have been gone months ago.

While I completely understand the cynicism about just what the AFL will do with the Bombers, there are a couple of reasons I think Vlad and his cronies will come down hard on this issue.

First...Vlad's ego. He wont want to come out of this with no credibility....this is the most serious issue that has ever faced the AFL, and he will see his role in this as a defining moment in his leadership. Hird's response to the charges and his attack on Vlad won't be allowed to just drift through to the keeper either...corporate animals like Vlad have long memories...

I think VC is right...I doubt this is going to be wrapped up soon....I think, in the end, it is likely that Hird and Corcoran will receive lengthy suspensions...Thompson a little less....and Reid perhaps a slap on the wrist.

I think Essendon may well play for no points next year, and fines of significant magnitude...and they certainly can kiss good bye to draft picks for 2014/15..

As for the playing group.....well I have sympathy for them...unlike a lot of others.....whether WADA will though is problematic.

Agree with all that aside from Reid I think he will cop the biggest ban of all if it is shown he had any knowledge of the program at all. After all he is the medical department and the buck stops with him.

Agree with all that aside from Reid I think he will cop the biggest ban of all if it is shown he had any knowledge of the program at all. After all he is the medical department and the buck stops with him.

They would want to step very, very, carefully with Reid and be absolutely sure that they can prove any case against him to a standard required by criminal law, ie beyond reasonable doubt, because what they accuse him of is a breach of medical ethics which might render him liable to other non-football penalties; it asserts that he is not fit to practise his outside profession; and it leaves them open to an action for defamation if they can't back it up 100%.

One thing the Abletts taught Geelong is never turn any player into a Messiah bigger than the club. Yes, I know Snr was referred to as God, but that mistake would never be made again and Geelong never left him in charge of running the football department. Admire and respect greatness when demonstrated on the ground, but don't expect it to crossover to life off the field. I'm sure there are many great players that were good people away from footy, but don't invest your club's reputation in one person alone. There is no messiah, just bunches of good, hard working people. These are football clubs, not cults. *gets off soapbox*

Tips are in.

I went West Coast :( (i had to, I am copying another guys tip who is THE Master). I feel like shit. Dont even care about getting it right, I so want it to be wrong.

Also have gone Dogs and Bombers in more upsets. Really nervous about the Bombers one.
If we win, what punishment are you willing to take?

I have also gone Dogs and Bombers.

Hawks to win tonight (happy to lose this tip).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back