2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just enough money to get any defender I want.. pretty much the last position in my side so money no issue either spare cash for upgrades in the year or spend it all now

Do I splash all my cash

Stanley vs Waters

Or do I save a little and hoepfully pick an improver

Heppell vs Birchall vs Hartlett??

Wat do??

Heppell or Hartlett for me. Waters and Birch will be solid but reckon there's far more scope for improvement in the first two.

Cheers.... I'm bloody annoyed at this split round rubbish. Makes it bloody hard to setup your side properly....

not really. just got to make sure you have settled on the players playing the 1st week. As all other players will be able to be traded in with no trades used between week 1 and week 2 of the 1st round.

Have just enough money to get any defender I want.. pretty much the last position in my side so money no issue either spare cash for upgrades in the year or spend it all now

Do I splash all my cash

Stanley vs Waters

Or do I save a little and hoepfully pick an improver

Heppell vs Birchall vs Hartlett??

Wat do??

Re-arrange your lineup to get both hartlett and heppell. But Heppell 1st :thumbsu:

not really. just got to make sure you have settled on the players playing the 1st week. As all other players will be able to be traded in with no trades used between week 1 and week 2 of the 1st round.

It's just the inability to sit and work out which rookies you want and how much you have to spend elsewhere thats annoying...

Additionally, I've just realised I'll be on a bloody plane from Chile on the night of the Richmond v Carlton game....

tbh I didn't even take Suckling's injury into account...but thinking about it, it could be a positive or negative to Birch's scoring. May also mean he gets alot more attention now.

Regardless I still like the other 2 as better options...just my opinion though.
Yeah im not sure it could go either way, to be honest though i believe it would be hard for a champion DT'er like Birchall to decrease too much (by more than say 5) but id be happy if he stayed the same or would be ecstatic to increase by anything.

In the end i think im going to go with Birchall mainly due to the bye's

Stanley Heppell have a round 13 bye which clashed far too much with my defenders already not to mention by mids :eek:
And i dont really want to take the gamble on Hartlett at this stage.

Ziebell vs Boak?

JZ for sure...he's going to average 110+ this year!
trolled.gif

Franklin and $15K in the bank or Zorko and $45K in the bank

My FWD line is Cox, Rockliff, Bartel, Patty K, Macaffer, (Lee, Kennedy)

Concern is with having Zorko there is 3 brisbane players in my FWD line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmn at least he knows there is a difference and at least we know the extra money will be used as extra rnd 1 kitty money rather than another player so we actually can in this instance throw the money out the window and just look at the two.

Personally I dont see either increasing their averages all that much, but I cant see either dropping.

Theyre fairly balanced avout five points apart. I could see zorko averaging 100 but by the same token buddy could easily average 105.. zorko could average 90 and buddy could pretty easily drop to 95...
Basically I think theres a solid chabce buddy will be five points higher than zorko at the end of the season
So the final points

Already too many brissie boys
Fairly balanced ranges buddy about 5 higher
Buddy can go bang (you want him when he scores 200)

Spend the extra cash mate

That is if your happy with rnd 1 rookies and will be able to pick the starters even if they are mayes whitfield wines vlastuin priced boys

i'm know this one has probably been done, BUT seeing as DT opinions change on a daily basis...

Cotchin vs Deledio?

Pittard vs Vlastuin?

and the port rookies problem!

mitchell vs stevenson vs pittard vs wines vs Neade...surely it's a bad idea to have THAT many rookeis from the one team in there, can't all have a good game...but WHO to trade...

i'm know this one has probably been done, BUT seeing as DT opinions change on a daily basis...

Cotchin vs Deledio?

Pittard vs Vlastuin?

mitchell vs stevenson vs pittard vs wines vs Neade...surely it's a bad idea to have THAT many rookeis from the one team in there, can't all have a good game...but WHO to trade...

Splitting hairs mate

Maybe you have a point with all those new port kids, not all of them can play every week. Vlastuin has a much greater chance of being a sub and especially when Foley returns he could well be out of the side, he might not even play R1 yet. Although im 90% sure he will.

Cotchin vs Deledio?

Pittard vs Vlastuin?

Depending on round one teams, but at this stage Im going with just Stevenson down back, cheaper than Pittard and imo a better scorer (and player in general). And also with Wines and Mitchell in the mids, reckon both will get consistent games, Wines looks an absolute jet. Mitchell I think will get games but Im worried about his scoring as I can see him being used as a role player (such as a forward tagger)...still worth a bench spot though. All just my opinion, Port supporters will know more and Im sure correct me if needed :)

Cotchin/Deledio is a toss of the coin. I have Deledio currently my only logic being if I was an AFL coach I would be mad to let Cotchin run around on his own, though you could probably say the same about Deledio so its pretty crappy reasoning really.

Lion fans are doubtful on Leunenberger being right for round 1.

That will kill my structure, ive never been probably as happy at this time of year with my team and he might change it all.

I dont really want to rely on Currie because he could very well play one week, get dropped (than you have to trade if you started him on the field) than hes back in once you have traded and dont need his services due to trade.

I can see it being a cat and mouse possible affair and it no doubt will ruin your entire year no matter how good the other 29 picks are.

Just not many other good options do i try and find the extra coin to get a TBC, Zac smith, Griffin, S.Martin or do i sideways to Longer (unsure if i have the coin for that even) or do i bank on the ridiculous risky Currie as my R2 with Daw and Gorringe as my R3/R4 and Cox in the rucks.

Im sure ill be able to adapt but people need to remember before we even know whether hes playing or not, we will have to have picked players locked away from 6 teams. They could very well change had you known whether Leuy was picked or not, could be a nail in the coffin before the season even starts.

That will kill my structure, ive never been probably as happy at this time of year with my team and he might change it all.
Unpopular opinion: not having Leuey in my team fixes my structure completely and makes me 100% happy with my side. However, if he's fit to play, it's just too much of a risk not to have him in the side. As horrible as it sounds, from a DT perspective, I'm hoping he isn't fit for round 1.

Just pick Longer until Leuenberger is back. Only $8000 more expensive and will let you breathe easy, and like me you won't have to change your team structure one bit. The Lions will have one of them in the team come round 1.

Just pick Longer until Leuenberger is back. Only $8000 more expensive and will let you breathe easy, and like me you won't have to change your team structure one bit. The Lions will have one of them in the team come round 1.

Yeh ATM im more leaning towards Currie as R2 spending a bit more on my ruck bench backup (Gorringe, Ohailpin) possibly. Getting Dangerfield possibly who is someone im really warming to like many others and then maybe also increase my forward bench stability with a 180k player maybe on the bench or in last spot.

Also wouldnt be the worst thing for my side to have 60k in the bank just for SJ, because ATM i dont have that and will mean i need to trade differently with my second trade if i want SJ for round 2 and on which i probably do.

Maybe also means picking Vlastuin instead of a cheaper rookie down back, just upgrade and stabilize other areas really.

Edit: Hopefully we will know late thursday (just before rich vs carl) game whether he is playing for a saturday game or in an extended squad, with possibly Longer playing or missing from that squad.

Seems like the best option without disrupting structure too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back