News 2013 Saints Media thread

Remove this Banner Ad

@Neroli_M_FOX: Saints say Beau Maister hurt his hamstring & that's why he fell over, allowing Eagle Eric Mackenzie to kick the winner @FOXSportsNews

Apparently we're the best kicking team in the comp? :confused::eek:

Kick-Ratings-inquirer-rd12.jpg

ST KILDA'S core youngsters have bought into the club's future, with discussions well underway to re-sign out of contract trio Seb Ross, Jack Newnes and Jimmy Webster.

Regular members of the senior team this year, all are in talks with the Saints to extend their contracts beyond this season.

Re-signing the promising group would be significant for St Kilda, which is now well and truly rebuilding under coach Scott Watters and promoting its young talent.

Head of football Chris Pelchen told AFL.com.au talks were progressing well with all three and the club was confident of retaining the key youngsters.

It is understood Webster has already signed with the Saints, with the new deal yet to be announced. Newnes is committed to reaching an agreement with the club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-15/young-saints-in-talks?utm_medium=RSS

:thumbsu:

ST KILDA'S core youngsters have bought into the club's future, with discussions well underway to re-sign out of contract trio Seb Ross, Jack Newnes and Jimmy Webster.

Regular members of the senior team this year, all are in talks with the Saints to extend their contracts beyond this season.

Re-signing the promising group would be significant for St Kilda, which is now well and truly rebuilding under coach Scott Watters and promoting its young talent.

Head of football Chris Pelchen told AFL.com.au talks were progressing well with all three and the club was confident of retaining the key youngsters.

It is understood Webster has already signed with the Saints, with the new deal yet to be announced. Newnes is committed to reaching an agreement with the club.

This is just full of all kinds of awesome!!

Our beloved G train was on triple m this morning.

Said he travels around a bit for work and there's a lot of people out there that shouldn't be doing autobiographys.

Didn't do much media because if you as a bit you'd get it back twice as hard, so made a decision early in his career that he would just focus on footy.

In the building industry, can't remember exactly what he said. On the tools a bit but is more on the sales side of things IIRC.

Asked him about his famous bench press, didn't give him a number but said could've been stronger in the legs which is what made guys like Maxy so good because they could hold their position against blokes stronger than them. Scott Cummings has heard 175kg, and more than just the one rep.

Our beloved G train was on triple m this morning.

Said he travels around a bit for work and there's a lot of people out there that shouldn't be doing autobiographys.

Didn't do much media because if you as a bit you'd get it back twice as hard, so made a decision early in his career that he would just focus on footy.

In the building industry, can't remember exactly what he said. On the tools a bit but is more on the sales side of things IIRC.

Asked him about his famous bench press, didn't give him a number but said could've been stronger in the legs which is what made guys like Maxy so good because they could hold their position against blokes stronger than them. Scott Cummings has heard 175kg, and more than just the one rep.

yeh that lifting record at the eagles still stands. absolutely amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any news on ross? i imagine in newnes is ready to re-sign then ross will follow

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-06-20/dempster-happy-to-go-under-radar

Dempster’s 150th is almost an afterthought – which he laughingly points out has become a trend in his milestone games.

“It does seem appropriate. My 50th game (for the Swans) was also Goodes’ 200th. The same day O’Loughlin broke the games record for the Swans and it was Everitt’s 300th AFL game.”

“Even though 50 is not big, I kind of got shadowed on that one too so it’s ironic that it happens with my 150th. To be honest, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I would rather fly under the radar and it is going to be something special I get to share with my family but I don’t necessarily need the hoo ha that comes along with a milestone.”

Its brilliant isnt it! Im almost tempted to make it a new thread just so we can have some positive and awesome stuff to talk about! Squizzy1970 Kildonan Look2Me4Guidance ?????

We should keep a stickied thread "contract status" with the OP regularly edited for correctness.
They often announce contracts along with duration, but a year later we've all forgotten.

I'm not putting this in the other thread, as it's comedy (and we don't have a comedy thread).

Someone on SS saw a news grab of Eddie McHypocrite's little filth buddy TJ. I found the video.

Monty's look of disgust (at the end) is indeed priceless. The reporting is of his usual standard.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/afl
(watch the latest one on the Saints)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-06-21/from-fringe-to-allaustralian

Dempster “I’ve had little steps along the way where I’ve been able to find improvement and that has been good. My whole reason for playing footy has been to be able to contribute to something and that is what gets me up every day.”

"At one stage I almost wanted to, not quit football but I was just struggling with it because I have always been the kind of guy who has given everything I’ve got out on the track, in the gym, with my nutrition – all the professional stuff that comes along with being a footballer but it was never really rolling over into my football."

“I was thinking “I’m working so hard and it is not really paying off for me.” I did struggle with that for a while and having worked with the psych it was all about how I wasn’t really giving myself a chance to excel and succeed because I was so worried when it came to game day that I was going to stuff up and not contribute or that it might be my fault that we lose.

“I never really took the chance to succeed or become a good player because I was so worried. I think when I got over that, all the professional stuff and hard work I had put in over the years started to kick in."

"I found it an honour to be asked to be part of the (leadership) group, you’re voted in by your peers ... Because I’m that quiet sort of guy I’ve had to find a way for the leadership group to work around me ... hopefully by my actions and speaking to the younger players probably a bit more one on one which is more my style and I am a bit more comfortable with.”

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-06-24/live-fan-chat-geary-

Jarryn Geary will be manning the keyboard, ready to respond to all your fan questions from 1pm, Tuesday 25 June.

EDIT - I got doughnuts:

Which player is most likely to become a coach? I think Joey Montagna has a future.

Who's the best boxer at the club? Simpkin? Not Simpkin, that's for sure.

Which player considers him 'pretty'? Easy answer - Armo.

If you had to chose one person to line up for goal to win the game, who would it be? Adam Schneider any day.

Who's the fastest runner in the club? I would say Rhys Stanley.

Who is the funniest person at the club to prank, or who reacts the funniest? Tom Simpkin, because he gets so angry and always gives you the reaction you want.

Bromances at the club? Terry Milera and Ahmed Saad would be the biggest bromance at the club.

Who do you see becoming stars for the club and who has impressed you the most this season? I'd say Jack Newnes, Seb Ross and Nathan Wright have really stood out so far.

Who would win a fight between Steven Baker and Tom Simpkin? Bakes would definitely win that.

Any thoughts one whether you could be future captain material? I think Benny Mac would be next in line.

Thoughts on Jack Steven's season so far? Jack's been really good. Don't want to say more or he'll get a big head.

Which player at the club is your best mate? Jack Steven. And who is the most annoying? Clinton Jones.

Explain Thoomp? Too long and boring to go into all the details, Squizzy. Put it down to silly jokes among the boys.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-06-25/simpkin-accepts-ban

Tom Simpkin will accept a two-match suspension.

The total of 318.75 points meant that if he challenged, Simpkin would risk a three-game suspension.

But the early plea has reduced the penalty by 25 per cent to 239.06 points and a two-game suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2013 Saints Media thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back