Position 2013 SC midfielders

Which midfield rookies will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 rookies where ? In one area?
And rookies only score "crap" if u choose the wrong rookies: ie Chad Wingard v Toby Greene v James Magner v Sam Gibson. And trust me i have chosen some pretty crap rookies (thats what trades are for to correct the fire truck ups we make)
yes 5 rookies in the backline but only 3 would start

If I had to rate the mid rookies on scoring ability, price and job security I would go:
1. Viney
2. O'Mera
3. Crouch
4. Lonergan
5. Wines
6. Mitchell
7. Toumpas
8. Hrovat
I reckon Whitfiled and O'Roukre are too pricey and won't play as many games as the others.

If I had to rate the mid rookies on scoring ability, price and job security I would go:
1. Viney
2. O'Mera
3. Crouch
4. Lonergan
5. Wines
6. Mitchell
7. Toumpas
8. Hrovat
I reckon Whitfiled and O'Roukre are too pricey and won't play as many games as the others.
Interesting and i wont pretend to know anything about the new guys on the scene.
Whilst I agree that Whitfield is pricey, I have no doubt he'll score well when he plays. He's a special talent from what i read but seems to follow the #1 draft pick regardless.

I would think Wines would at least be in the top 3. Opportunity, AFL ready body and good junior numbers I think means he's a lock.

Always be weary of the Tassie fella I reckon.......Pretty sure Lonergan is Tasmanian isnt he.

Nice work

Interesting and i wont pretend to know anything about the new guys on the scene.
Whilst I agree that Whitfield is pricey, I have no doubt he'll score well when he plays. He's a special talent from what i read but seems to follow the #1 draft pick regardless.

I would think Wines would at least be in the top 3. Opportunity, AFL ready body and good junior numbers I think means he's a lock.

Always be weary of the Tassie fella I reckon.......Pretty sure Lonergan is Tasmanian isnt he.

Nice work
Yeah I just think Whitfield is too pricey and I wouldn't waste my money as O'Mera, Crouch, Viney, Lonergan and Wines will all scorer better and are cheaper.
I like Wines as well and I'm considering him but is a little pricey as well.
And yes Lonergan is from Tassie, his a big bodied midfielder and should get game time in the Suns midfield.

Nice work

The $50k you save on O'Meara, Viney and Crouch pushes them above Wines to my mind. Maybe Wines beats out Crouch if you have any concerns over whether he'll get a job in Adelaide's team or not, but I'd definitely put Whitfield in at five - has the scoring power, but being almost $200k hurts.

Will definitely be taking O'meara, Crouch and Viney. The price is too good to pass up and I'd expect all three to average 70+ so likely I'll start two on the field. Form will decide who else I'll take but likely it'll be Wines, Menzel or Lonergan with Wines most likely IMO. Menzel hopefully is a forward

1. Viney
2. O'Mera
3. Crouch
4. Lonergan
5. Wines
6. Mitchell
7. Toumpas
8. Hrovat

I wouldn't be locking Mitchell in. He was injured last year and they know the kid's a gun. They won't be taking any chances with him. Besides, who's spot is he going to take? At best, he'll get a few games as the sub mid to late in the season.

I wouldn't be locking Mitchell in. He was injured last year and they know the kid's a gun. They won't be taking any chances with him. Besides, who's spot is he going to take? At best, he'll get a few games as the sub mid to late in the season.
Yeah, I'm certainly won't be locking him in. I reckon if he gets games he will be a good scorer.

seems to be a common theme among teams this pre season to have one midfielder who should considerably improve to premo status (m7-8 by seasons end)

the likes of fyfe, mundy, shuey, s.selwood, redden, gaff and even zaharakis

who is the pick of the bunch?
for me it's mundy at the moment, due to his price. but if price was irrelevant i would go scooter. He is set for a big year (110+)

is anyone going with 2??

In 2013 it will be important to pick the right midpriced players (especially in the midfield) who may breakout and turn into premiums. This is how previous winners of Supercoach have found that winning edge! These can be young guns who can breakout in their 3rd or 4th year or fallen premiums who have decreased in price due to injury and are now going at a Bargain rate. Mundy is One of these fallen premiums and is definitely worth considering in your midfield. For me I think Fyfe has more upside and I will refer you to my article on Fyfe on my Facebook page Supercoach Advisor: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supercoach-Advisor/322287051223860 At his best Fyfe is capable of delivering scores of 120 plus. He averaged 108 SC points per game in 2011 before he was struck down with injuries last year. As a result he is now at the bargain price of $498,000. I also have posts on Gaff, Shuey and Caddy, and I will posting up further insights as we approach the start of the competition. I will also be posting the top rookies and midpricers to consider in your team so please 'like' my page and join in the discussions. I would appreciate the support as I am trying to get the page of the ground for 2013 and aim to help the fantasy football community with free insight and advice. cheers!

He may be talking about Kane Mitchell rather than Tom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a M/F link in my midfield and am looking at Wellingham as a POD, feel that now that he is removed from the quality of Collingwood's midfield and a change of scenery could see him become a premium. Thoughts?

In 2013 it will be important to pick the right midpriced players (especially in the midfield) who may breakout and turn into premiums. This is how previous winners of Supercoach have found that winning edge! These can be young guns who can breakout in their 3rd or 4th year or fallen premiums who have decreased in price due to injury and are now going at a Bargain rate. Mundy is One of these fallen premiums and is definitely worth considering in your midfield. For me I think Fyfe has more upside and I will refer you to my article on Fyfe on my Facebook page Supercoach Advisor: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supercoach-Advisor/322287051223860 At his best Fyfe is capable of delivering scores of 120 plus. He averaged 108 SC points per game in 2011 before he was struck down with injuries last year. As a result he is now at the bargain price of $498,000. I also have posts on Gaff, Shuey and Caddy, and I will posting up further insights as we approach the start of the competition. I will also be posting the top rookies and midpricers to consider in your team so please 'like' my page and join in the discussions. I would appreciate the support as I am trying to get the page of the ground for 2013 and aim to help the fantasy football community with free insight and advice. cheers!

Hmmmm, Interesting in theory but I'm not sure your 'Previous" winners of SC quote really stacks up in reality.

Last year Chewysnake started with 1 mid pricer IIRC which was Luke Parker and I would hardly call that nailing a midpricer. I thought he actually traded him out pretty quickly but may be wrong.

I'm not sure I would classify Fyfe as a midpricer either and it seems each year I come on here looking for an explanation on what is actually defined as a midpricer as many posters seems to have pretty loose parameters which seem to suit their case. To me Fyfe is a cheap premium.

Of the top of my head i'm not sure that Prompts nailed any midpricers from his starting squad the previous year when he won, but I'm sure you've researched this well before providing supercoach advice.

Anyway, seems another supercoach advisor site is up and running and forgive me please for not being ****ed to log onto your facebook page.

For interest sake how do you define your midpricers or is it just anyone you dont class as a premium or rookie!

Need a M/F link in my midfield and am looking at Wellingham as a POD, feel that now that he is removed from the quality of Collingwood's midfield and a change of scenery could see him become a premium. Thoughts?

I'll be picking a rookie M/F link in the mids. Hard to see Wellingham being top 10 mid or fwd. But love the look of Varcoe at $270k though.

Hmmmm, Interesting in theory but I'm not sure your 'Previous" winners of SC quote really stacks up in reality.

Last year Chewysnake started with 1 mid pricer IIRC which was Luke Parker and I would hardly call that nailing a midpricer. I thought he actually traded him out pretty quickly but may be wrong.

I'm not sure I would classify Fyfe as a midpricer either and it seems each year I come on here looking for an explanation on what is actually defined as a midpricer as many posters seems to have pretty loose parameters which seem to suit their case. To me Fyfe is a cheap premium.

Of the top of my head i'm not sure that Prompts nailed any midpricers from his starting squad the previous year when he won, but I'm sure you've researched this well before providing supercoach advice.

Anyway, seems another supercoach advisor site is up and running and forgive me please for not being screwed to log onto your facebook page.

For interest sake how do you define your midpricers or is it just anyone you dont class as a premium or rookie!

Thanks for the reply NT Thunder! No pressure to visit my page but I'm happy to join in the discussion here. I would consider Fyfe at the high end of the midpricers, maybe you could call him a cheap premium or a high end mid that could become a premium, either is fine as these parameters can be tricky. He isn't a premium in terms of price though! I would even consider Gaff at 484K as a high end premium who is a breakout contender. In the past those who have been able to identify one or two of these type of players have had good success with Supercoach, I'm not exactly sure how many the previous winners had though but they would have identified some. However the game is changing with more midfielders required and I believe this year it is even more important to identify a few of these like your Fyfe's, Mundy, Gaff, Shuey sorts of players. That's my thoughts anyway. Hope it helps.

Watson vs Kennedy??

Great question! How do you split them? Watson (Avg 121SC points in 2012), Kennedy (Avg 120 SC points in 2012), both legitimate guns of the competition and in Supercoach. Kennedy probably had a slightly bigger breakout last year going from 96 to 120 points per game. Watson went from 106 to 121 per game. Kennedy has a better midfield around him (and I support Essendon), but Watson now has Goddard who may take the tag? Both we be elite again this year but can Watson be as good as his brownlow year again? It probably comes down to preference as both are similarly priced Watson 647k v 643k for Kennedy. Both are great choices. You may want to consider other premium mids in place of one of these like a Cotchin or Murphy. They may represent better value? check out my site and join in the discussion, would appreciate it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supercoach-Advisor/322287051223860 cheers

What are the thoughts on Scott Thomspon(Adel) this season? All other premiums in the mids are locks for mine but not sold on Thompson. Should i keep him? Or get a player cheaper such as Priddis,A.Swallow,Sloane, S.Selwood etc??(Dont have enough coin to get anyone higher)

Thanks in advance guys and girls, goodluck to all this season!

Great question! How do you split them? Watson (Avg 121SC points in 2012), Kennedy (Avg 120 SC points in 2012), both legitimate guns of the competition and in Supercoach. Kennedy probably had a slightly bigger breakout last year going from 96 to 120 points per game. Watson went from 106 to 121 per game. Kennedy has a better midfield around him (and I support Essendon), but Watson now has Goddard who may take the tag? Both we be elite again this year but can Watson be as good as his brownlow year again? It probably comes down to preference as both are similarly priced Watson 647k v 643k for Kennedy. Both are great choices. You may want to consider other premium mids in place of one of these like a Cotchin or Murphy. They may represent better value? check out my site and join in the discussion, would appreciate it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supercoach-Advisor/322287051223860 cheers
One must remember Jobe's injury trouble in 2011, played underdone a fair bit if I remember correctly and still punched out an average over 100

Here's a question, would you rather...

Ablett and Ball
or
Selwood and Watson

I'm seriously thinking having the extra premo could maybe offset any potential Ablett gains and let me get him later for a bit less.

Ablett and Ball
or
Selwood and Watson

I'm seriously thinking having the extra premo could maybe offset any potential Ablett gains and let me get him later for a bit less.

Aren't Selwood + Watson about 200k more expensive here? Just get Ablett and downgrade Ball to a rookie I reckon.

Ablett and Ball
or
Selwood and Watson

Wouldnt mess around with Ablett. He will give you maximum points most weeks as captain and if you dont have him the decision of captain is always harder and your likely to get it wrong more often. Ball even at his best is terrible at SC and i suspect he will take time to get to his best as the season progresses. Your likely to get more better scoring out of a rookie early on than u would with Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back