Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

but the trade can't go through without the player's approval.

This is the important part that I am always bringing up in these conversations. People seem to forget this when throwing names around. GWS could offer up pick 1, 2, 3, 4, Coniglio, Jeremy Cameron and trade with GC for O'meara and trade him to us as well but if Fyfe doesn't want to go there then he doesn't have to.

Man. This was not what I was hoping for when FA became a reality.

This is what it was for though. Fringe players getting a move somewhere they can get playing time. Although I can't see either removing anyone from our best 22.

This is what it was for though. Fringe players getting a move somewhere they can get playing time. Although I can't see either removing anyone from our best 22.

You're right. It's just that I got sucked into thinking that out salary cap war chest would bring us Cloke or Buddy.

Tom Ledger negotiated a deal with St Kilda to become delisted so he can be a delisted FA (same as Roberton last year). He's a bit small however a decent extractor and often lead the possession count at VFL level. You could do worse selecting him as a rookie.

I'm interested in Mitchie. I haven't seen much of him however from what I've read and heard he's a bull around the stoppages and he has above average disposal. I see he was selected in the 40's in his draft year, has had injuries however highly rated by Lyon. What sort of value are we talking? Does he hold his draft selection or because of his injuries and lack of senior footy does his value diminish?

I'm interested in Mitchie. I haven't seen much of him however from what I've read and heard he's a bull around the stoppages and he has above average disposal. I see he was selected in the 40's in his draft year, has had injuries however highly rated by Lyon. What sort of value are we talking? Does he hold his draft selection or because of his injuries and lack of senior footy does his value diminish?

Holds his selection for me. He absolutely dominates at WAFL level and would easily be best 22 at a low-mid table club. If our midfield wasn't already filled with beasts he would be starting a lot of games IMO.

It'll be interesting to see the relative state of a club like Sydney who have taken a go for broke approach to FA versus Freo and our more conservative list management model.

While I'm critical of COLA and the leg up Sydney gets, I'd hate for us to be constantly left out of finding the missing puzzle piece to becoming a premiership side because we are overly cautious. Not that I think we have been at this stage, but if contract sizes and lengths continue to grow, the guys in charge might need to reassess what they think is acceptable to get what we need.

Tom Ledger negotiated a deal with St Kilda to become delisted so he can be a delisted FA (same as Roberton last year). He's a bit small however a decent extractor and often lead the possession count at VFL level. You could do worse selecting him as a rookie.

We rate him on BF more than any other youngster this year and have been screaming for him to play. Got best and fairest for his WAFL club too. So he has the goods. We would be gutted to lose him but it seems like he wants to go home.

Would you guys part with Nick R, if it involved Mitchie and maybe others or picks ?? Just for interest sake

We rate him on BF more than any other youngster this year and have been screaming for him to play. Got best and fairest for his WAFL club too. So he has the goods. We would be gutted to lose him but it seems like he wants to go home.

Would you guys part with Nick R, if it involved Mitchie and maybe others or picks ?? Just for interest sake

I would really question the footy club if we traded Roo. It would be like you guys trading Pav in the event you bottomed out next year. You just don't trade away club legends. Dal a bit different because he's not club legend status nor long term captain.

I would really question the footy club if we traded Roo. It would be like you guys trading Pav in the event you bottomed out next year. You just don't trade away club legends. Dal a bit different because he's not club legend status nor long term captain.

Good point. Mitchie would be a great pickup for you guys. I believe he will be a gun and our club will regret not playing him earlier. I'm just not sure what the club would ask for trade wise. We obviously need KPPs and they are hard to come by at the moment thanks to a greedy red team

Agree if the Saints trade Roo they will be spiritually bankrupt.

Perhaps Mitchie for pick 37 is a reasonable outcome for both clubs concerned. He grew up a Saints fan too, not that that holds a lot of weight.

You blokes did a solid for Roberton last year perhaps we've done the same with Ledger who was highly rated by Ross Lyon when at the Saints. I reckon you guys will at least rookie him seeing as his home state is WA and the Lyon connection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps Mitchie for pick 37 is a reasonable outcome for both clubs concerned. He grew up a Saints fan too, not that that holds a lot of weight.

You blokes did a solid for Roberton last year perhaps we've done the same with Ledger who was highly rated by Ross Lyon when at the Saints. I reckon you guys will at least rookie him seeing as his home state is WA and the Lyon connection.
i rekon michie + 2nd rounder for Spencer white?? Heard joey montagna and Ledger might be coming, would do our 3rd rounder + Michie for your 3rd rounder + Ledger in that trade.
And Michie + 1st Rounder for JOEY.

i rekon michie + 2nd rounder for Spencer white?? Heard joey montagna and Ledger might be coming, would do our 3rd rounder + Michie for your 3rd rounder + Ledger in that trade.

You can grab Ledge for free. At his request we delisted him so he became a delisted free agent. The same situation as Roberton with you blokes last year.

Joey seems to play his best footy at Patterson, he loves the open space. With Freo in that 2-3 year premiership window you could do a lot worse than adding both Dal and Joey to your team and reuniting them with Ross. I reckon adding those two quality ball users would greatly increase your chance of a flag or two. Both durable and still averaging 25+ quality possessions a game. If I was a club on the cusp of a flag I'd look at trying to package both with St Kilda floating them in the trade market. It may take your first two picks plus a Mitchie but well worth it IMO.

So suddenly Chris Bond, the guy that baulked at giving Brisbane a single first round pick to get the one thing we desperately needed, the guy who bangs on relentlessly about our list management model, the guy who metaphorically curls up in the fetal position during trade week, is going to give our first two picks and an up and coming midfielder for a couple old guys from St Kilda. Somehow I don't think so.

Would be keen to get Ledger if we could do so without giving up picks or trading.

Not a fan of Gumby, too many injuries.

Swap Michie for a Saints pick, and Mello for a Saints, Bullies, Lions or GWS pick, and I reckon we will have done ok from what is a pretty limited trade field for us.

Can't believe some of the other nonsense trades that other clubs are doing. Will be a major impact on the morale of existing, contracted players (why is that new bloke getting so much cash when he wasn't here for the hard yards) which I think will lead a few to leave their clubs next year and the year after... Would love it if we could get a couple of the mid-range WA players who come off contract next year...

So suddenly Chris Bond, the guy that baulked at giving Brisbane a single first round pick to get the one thing we desperately needed, the guy who bangs on relentlessly about our list management model, the guy who metaphorically curls up in the fetal position during trade week, is going to give our first two picks and an up and coming midfielder for a couple old guys from St Kilda. Somehow I don't think so.
Yeah I think the proposed deal was a little rich but I wouldn't be too surprised to see us top up a bit this year to have one last serious crack for Pav, Sandi and Luke. We have plenty of class talent coming through in most demographics.

You really do like to jump at shadows don't you??

I like the idea of Spencer White but I can hardly see it happening considering they are well and truly in the box seat for getting Michie. It's no different to the idiots saying we could have traded Forster. Kids that have played less than a full (real) game of AFL do not get traded to other clubs for anything of value. He will be a PSD pick or a delisted free agent or a set of steak knives.

Also what makes a speculative Spencer White any better than the speculative tall we could take with the draft pick it would take to secure him?

You could look at it like this though Cat, in 2010 we had a makeshift 'almost' midfield. Fyfe wasn't yet a star, Hasleby and Headland retired, Mora did his knee and Palmer wasn't anywhere near a full time mid while Barlow had his leg snapped in half. Since then though we have added a LOT of depth that realistically will be hard to keep long term. Especially if we keep going best available for the next few drafts.

I think Bond would be looking at the list now and thinking that in the midfield, we are very healthy and we need to move on to other areas. If Clarke was available now it would get done imo.

And that's without even going near the whole Melbourne / Clarke is a douche and we actually did offer a first round pick situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back