Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Ted had shown a bit at AFL level and was a reasonable draft pick. Il put my left nut on it that he won't go for a first rounder or two second rounders!
Delaney would be worth about as much as we got for Spangher last year.

Form wise Ted hadn't shown much, though more than Delaney, physically he was good prospect though and was disappointed when we traded him. I agree with the Delaney value, but just like Sheedy we might not see everything.

Form wise Ted hadn't shown much, though more than Delaney, physically he was good prospect though and was disappointed when we traded him. I agree with the Delaney value, but just like Sheedy we might not see everything.
Don't get me wrong I'd give Delaney a chance but I wouldn't be paying much for him

Levi Greenwood dropped again despite playing solid football. Deserves to be playing AFL footy as an inside mid, not as a tagger. You'd think Port and the Crows would be interested.

with a midfield of

boak , hartlett , ebert , wines , wingard , moore, gray, oshea and broadbent. i cant see port really needing him to be honest. doubtful he pushes any of them out of the side. they are all younger , better and have more promise.

also have kane mitchell , young , logan , thomas and pittard likely to spend some time there if we need them.

so far thats 14 mids and he would struggle to be an upgrade on more than 3 or 4 of them.

with a midfield of

boak , hartlett , ebert , wines , wingard , moore, gray, oshea and broadbent. i cant see port really needing him to be honest. doubtful he pushes any of them out of the side. they are all younger , better and have more promise.

also have kane mitchell , young , logan , thomas and pittard likely to spend some time there if we need them.

so far thats 14 mids and he would struggle to be an upgrade on more than 3 or 4 of them.

Was more thinking of Greenwood being a tagger once Cornes/Cassisi move on. Would be less likely now that Cornes has signed on for another year.

I disagree. He is a key defender of a considerable size, he should net a couple of second rounders from top 8 sides that are filling holes on the list.

I was thinking potentially a late second rounder at best. I would prefer to keep him, but he doesn't seem to be in favour with Scott especially now that Hansen has been switched back. There has been talk that he would be happy to stay at North as long as his brother is there, but every footballer on an AFL list should be striving to play AFL footy.

Rucci is a spud!
Does that mean Lobbe or Redden could be up for grabs or is it just Renouf gets the chop?

Rucci doesn't actually research or come up with any real breaking stories. He just dreams up shit, with Gorringe, he's noted that he was coached by Hinkley, he's also linked Adelaide to Bellchambers and Grima because they were coached in Tassie by Ogilvy, our recruitment guy. If Rooch says something, you can genuinely bet your house the opposite will happen. Proof being how little clue he had about the Tippett affair.

Rucci doesn't actually research or come up with any real breaking stories. He just dreams up shit, with Gorringe, he's noted that he was coached by Hinkley, he's also linked Adelaide to Bellchambers and Grima because they were coached in Tassie by Ogilvy, our recruitment guy. If Rooch says something, you can genuinely bet your house the opposite will happen. Proof being how little clue he had about the Tippett affair.
Not being rude but do you think there is anyway you can actually land Bellchambers?

I'd give a second rounder for Gumby

these terms second rounder are too vague - That's a whole 18 places - And if Swans win the GF and get Gumbleton as a second rounder its pick 36 and if GWS get gumbleton as a third rounder its pick 37.

Much better to give a range - for example 25-30.

You as an essendon supporter can say a range to what he is worth. But to other clubs, he is worth one the picks the have, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, etc....... Through trading a club might get another pick to offer, but.........

it will probably be a collection of players for a higher draft pick..
we need to cut our list by at least 6

Gorringe plus who?

Not being rude but do you think there is anyway you can actually land Bellchambers?

Unless the crows want to give away someone really good, they just don't have the currency to interest a club, full of talent, to let someone like Bellchambers go.

They would have a list of untouchables, Dangerfield, Crouch, Talia, Walker, Jacobs, plus Sloane has put himself there.

The rest of them are either too old, not good enough, or not yet good enough. Can't see it happening.

these terms second rounder are too vague - That's a whole 18 places - And if Swans win the GF and get Gumbleton as a second rounder its pick 36 and if GWS get gumbleton as a third rounder its pick 37.

Well you can work it out pretty easily :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gorringe plus who?

Unless the crows want to give away someone really good, they just don't have the currency to interest a club, full of talent, to let someone like Bellchambers go.

They would have a list of untouchables, Dangerfield, Crouch, Talia, Walker, Jacobs, plus Sloane has put himself there.

The rest of them are either too old, not good enough, or not yet good enough. Can't see it happening.

well id assume patrick, gillbee, taylor, horsley, wilkinson will face the chopping block.
if they bring more players in then a few more will have to go.
id assume some that are still contracted.. sexton, allen

Brisbane fans Shane Mumford + pick 13-18 for Billy Longer

Why do Brisbane do this?

They have a current ruck-all-day gun in Leuey and their next ruckman (Longer) who has the flexibility to play elsewhere.

Mummy has stagnated/gone backwards, been thoroughly overtaken by Pyke. Send him somewhere that needs a ruck, not that has the position nailed.

Why do Brisbane do this?

They have a current ruck-all-day gun in Leuey and their next ruckman (Longer) who has the flexibility to play elsewhere.

Mummy has stagnated/gone backwards, been thoroughly overtaken by Pyke. Send him somewhere that needs a ruck, not that has the position nailed.
Mumford is still our first ruck. We can offer Longer the first ruck duties something he won't get at Brisbane for a long time

Any rumours about anyone coming to the cats :) or anyone leaving the cats :(

My tip: Cats will pension off some of the old warhorses (Hunt, Corey, maybe Chaps), target and poach some young gun from another club, and everyone else will shake their head and look at the Cats and go "why didn't WE do that?". I reckon they'll send a ruckman-plus to GWS to get another potential gun.

Brisbane fans Shane Mumford + pick 13-18 for Billy Longer

wouldnt suit brisbane at all. Brisbane arent gonna challenge anytime soon and therefore have no use for Mumford. They gave a top 10 pick for longer and have put a couple years of development into him, so they have no reason to let him go. Longer has showed he can handle AFL footy and looks very promising. He may not be first ruck while luey is there, however i can see them both teaming up to be a very very formidable ruck combination in the Cox/Natanui role where one stays forward while other rucks. They both look capable forward.

wouldnt suit brisbane at all. Brisbane arent gonna challenge anytime soon and therefore have no use for Mumford. They gave a top 10 pick for longer and have put a couple years of development into him, so they have no reason to let him go. Longer has showed he can handle AFL footy and looks very promising. He may not be first ruck while luey is there, however i can see them both teaming up to be a very very formidable ruck combination in the Cox/Natanui role where one stays forward while other rucks. They both look capable forward.
If Longer wants more opportunities he could come to us and Brisbane would still get adequate compensation and wouldn't have to worry about there ruck still for years. Brisbane would still pick up a really good mid at 13 Mumford is I guess steak knives in a way. Mummy and Leunberger would be probably the best if not second best combination in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back