Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

If Longer wants more opportunities he could come to us and Brisbane would still get adequate compensation and wouldn't have to worry about there ruck still for years. Brisbane would still pick up a really good mid at 13 Mumford is I guess steak knives in a way. Mummy and Leunberger would be probably the best if not second best combination in the league.

Mumford wouldn't be playing in the same team as Leuenberger, so he is essentially a depth player for us and has at his age no real value beyond being a depth player. It's looking like you will get pick 14 so essentially we are trading Longer, who was pick 8 two year ago and who has had two years of development and is looking decent, for this pick 14. IMO that is not worth it for us. In saying that everyone has a trade price, and Longer is definitely not untradeable, he is just worth more than what you are suggesting imo, although that is close to his value.

Mumford wouldn't be playing in the same team as Leuenberger, so he is essentially a depth player for us and has at his age no real value beyond being a depth player. It's looking like you will get pick 14 so essentially we are trading Longer, who was pick 8 two year ago and who has had two years of development and is looking decent, for this pick 14. IMO that is not worth it for us. In saying that everyone has a trade price, and Longer is definitely not untradeable, he is just worth more than what you are suggesting imo, although that is close to his value.
We could also look at a three way swap where Mumford goes elsewhere and you guys receive the pick

The only way I would be happy if Brisbane trade Longer is if this scenario played out.

Longer and Brisbane's first pick for pick one and GWS's third pick.
Brisbane's second round pick for Scott Lycett.

asuuming this riewoldt to fremantle thing happens (Dont think it will) what do you think we'd have to give up for him, given that he wants to come and Richmond will have to accept sumfing reasonable or he can walk.

asuuming this riewoldt to fremantle thing happens (Dont think it will) what do you think we'd have to give up for him, given that he wants to come and Richmond will have to accept sumfing reasonable or he can walk.
Maybe you could offer up Stephen Hill and your first pick?

Brisbane fans Shane Mumford + pick 13-18 for Billy Longer

No way in hell we would do that. Mumford is 28 next year isn't he? If he came to us he'd either be wasting away in the reserves or sitting up forward for 70%-80% of the game.

We'd only trade Longer in part of some deal like Longer and our first rounder for Pick 1 and something else.

Nothing to do with my team

Would Brisbane consider doing a deal involving rich to get the number one pick? Might need to package their first rounder as well

Nope. Completely out of the question. You don't sign a player on a 3 year deal and then trade him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN rumouring that the Swans are going hard after Franklin. Imagine the meltdown if that happened.

****, not even them have THAT big a salary cap ... I hope

SEN rumouring that the Swans are going hard after Franklin. Imagine the meltdown if that happened.

Pretty soon they will 'rumour' Ablett going to GWS for double what he is getting with the Gold Coast. :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, the Swans wouldn't have the money to offer him after getting Tippett. Their extra allowance in the salary cap should be scrapped.

****, not even them have THAT big a salary cap ... I hope
Retire Goodes, Shaw, Mattner ,LRT and Bolton delist Jesse White and Mitch Morton trade Tony Armstrong might be enough lol. In any case I don't want the flog I'd rather wait for Frawley or Reid next year.

More than likely a player + a first round draft pick.

The player will likely be one of Suban, Michie, Crozier, Mellington.

Naaaah. I'm thinking he will play another year with Brisbane and probably end up being our forward coach or something along those lines. I find what you have stated very hard to believe.
Didn't Jono Brown buy/build a huge mansion in Queensland last year?
Appears set to stay even after his playing days are over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back