Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

More than likely a player + a first round draft pick.

The player will likely be one of Suban, Michie, Crozier, Mellington.

Are you talking about Jack Riewoldt?

If so one of those players isn't going to cut it. It would be a player like Fyfe, Hill, Morabito, Mundy. You don't trade dual coleman medallists for pick 17 and spuds like Suban you fool.

If so one of those players isn't going to cut it. It would be a player like Fyfe, Hill, Morabito, Mundy. You don't trade dual coleman medallists for pick 17 and spuds like Suban you fool.
Hill + first pick should be the offer freo can live without hill

Pretty soon they will 'rumour' Ablett going to GWS for double what he is getting with the Gold Coast. :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, the Swans wouldn't have the money to offer him after getting Tippett. Their extra allowance in the salary cap should be scrapped.
Mate the COLA is not a war chest, its distributed evenly accross the list. People continually whinge about us getting Tippett because of this "war chest" but it was because we traded and delisted 5 players to free the cash up. anyway this has been covered at length so im going to stop here.

Even so, they will have something like pick 17, and that is so unproven, and Hill is so unproven compared to Riewoldt. Riewoldt is a top 5 forward in the competition. Stephen Hill isn't even a top 50 midfielder.
Freo could play hardball they would have a truckload of coin in the salary cap this year

Mumford wouldn't be playing in the same team as Leuenberger, so he is essentially a depth player for us and has at his age no real value beyond being a depth player. It's looking like you will get pick 14 so essentially we are trading Longer, who was pick 8 two year ago and who has had two years of development and is looking decent, for this pick 14. IMO that is not worth it for us. In saying that everyone has a trade price, and Longer is definitely not untradeable, he is just worth more than what you are suggesting imo, although that is close to his value.

Not to butt in to your conversation but how old do you think Mumford is? He only just turned 27 and his injury issues are so overblown that they've become fact.

He'll be a top flight ruckman for another 5 years at least. If the Lions aren't planning on being in contention for a flag over the next 5 years then they shouldn't bother.

Even so, they will have something like pick 17, and that is so unproven, and Hill is so unproven compared to Riewoldt. Riewoldt is a top 5 forward in the competition. Stephen Hill isn't even a top 50 midfielder.

Michie, and Crozier were both first round draft picks who have shown a lot, Mellington is a good forward pocket, forward flanker who shown a lot of potential in the WAFl and is behind Ballas and Walters.

Based on what Fremantle offered for Clarke i can not see us offering anything more.

On the other hand, we could just do a tippett and get him through the PSD with too much cash on his head.

Not to butt in to your conversation but how old do you think Mumford is? He only just turned 27 and his injury issues are so overblown that they've become fact.

He'll be a top flight ruckman for another 5 years at least. If the Lions aren't planning on being in contention for a flag over the next 5 years then they shouldn't bother.
I find it hard for any team to rule themselves out of a flag for 5 years especially if they haven't been in contention for a while already.

Didn't Jono Brown buy/build a huge mansion in Queensland last year?
Appears set to stay even after his playing days are over.

I think so. I'd imagine the club would do everything to keep him there in some sort of role.

Mate the COLA is not a war chest, its distributed evenly accross the list. People continually whinge about us getting Tippett because of this "war chest" but it was because we traded and delisted 5 players to free the cash up. anyway this has been covered at length so im going to stop here.

I never said it was a war chest or whinged about you's getting Tippett? I merely said I think it should be scrapped.

Michie, and Crozier were both first round draft picks who have shown a lot, Mellington is a good forward pocket, forward flanker who shown a lot of potential in the WAFl and is behind Ballas and Walters.

Based on what Fremantle offered for Clarke i can not see us offering anything more.

On the other hand, we could just do a tippett and get him through the PSD with too much cash on his head.

Wouldnt get past GWS.

Mitchie, Crozier, Mellington plus 1st rounder are laughable suggestions.

Zac Clarke plus 1st rounder you would consider if Jack was certain to go but given GWS and potentially Gold Coast, Carlton etc would all be alternatives in a trade scenario and he is not a free agent ill settle with Fyfe plus 1st rounder :thumbsu:

Wouldnt get past GWS.

Mitchie, Crozier, Mellington plus 1st rounder are laughable suggestions.

Zac Clarke plus 1st rounder you would consider if Jack was certain to go but given GWS and potentially Gold Coast, Carlton etc would all be alternatives in a trade scenario and he is not a free agent ill settle with Fyfe plus 1st rounder :thumbsu:

LOL

Fyfe >>>> Riewoldt - end of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS (if the miss out on Buddy) and the Bulldogs would have plenty of cap space to take Riewoldt on the rumoured $800k pa. GCS would also be interested and may have enough wiggle room too.

We are only paying 95% of the cap and have Gia & Cross retiring this year, with Cooney's large contract either reduced or gone under free agency.

GWS (if the miss out on Buddy) and the Bulldogs would have plenty of cap space to take Riewoldt on the rumoured $800k pa. GCS would also be interested and may have enough wiggle room too.

We are only paying 95% of the cap and have Gia & Cross retiring this year, with Cooney's large contract either reduced or gone under free agency.
Fair enough

You'd have to pay Riewoldt twice that to get him to the Bullies, even then I'd seriously doubt it.

You'd have to pay Riewoldt twice that to get him to the Bullies, even then I'd seriously doubt it.
A GCS fan would know all about overpaying for players.

Umm no...

Riewoldt = #1 in his position in the afl over the last 3 years. Fyfe is not top 20 in his
Questionable. I probably wouldn't have him in the top 5 KPF's in the league

Maybe in supercoach but its time you actually watch some games

You are off your head, Nat Fyfe is one hell of player.
On the open market, he'd command more than Jack, no doubt about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back